Do you think high end, multi BA IEMs that have 4 or more drivers per earphone like Westone4 or customs like Melody Miracle are better than high end dynamic over ear headphones like HD800 ?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSI500 - Sound Clarity Sound Isolating In Ear Earphones w/Linx Audio and Remote/Mic - Coppertagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUnique Melody Miracletagged by System, 7/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 5/14/15 at 2:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd800 in iem form? Last post on 4/6/11 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
High-end IEM's Vs. High-end over ear headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/22/12 at 3:01am
Apples and oranges comparison. Also do note that more drivers does not necessarily mean better sound, while you can get some high end customs and universals that share one or two sound similarities compared to some high end dynamic headphones but in the end, in this case to your question the HD800 will just have sound qualities that are leaps ahead of the W4 or Miracle. I have both the HD800's and the ES5 CIEM and its not a contender really, the ES5 isolates and blocks off sound 101% better then my HD800, but in the end, the HD800 (through my rig at least) is just much much more engaging with the music I listen to.post #3 of 67/22/12 at 3:25amThread Starterpost #4 of 67/22/12 at 4:00amQuote:
I don't think that would be a "correct" question to ask. I guess it has more to do with the fact that cans can provide much better stage and feel to the music compared to IEM-s. even when my Able planet IS500 is much, much better in sound quality compared to sony xd200, the later is just much more open and wide and mind you, this IS500 in fact is better in that regard than every IEM I've listened to up until now (not much, but still)post #5 of 67/22/12 at 4:27amThread Starterpost #6 of 67/22/12 at 4:31amQuote:
That would also apply to headphones...
Two different products filling two very different needs.
What are your needs?
JimReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-end IEM's Vs. High-end over ear headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › What headphones are you currently rocking? 1 second ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 19 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 30 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 38 seconds ago
- › Looking to go all portable, but worried about SDXC storage space... 1 minute ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA -... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 3 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 5 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3