Do you think high end, multi BA IEMs that have 4 or more drivers per earphone like Westone4 or customs like Melody Miracle are better than high end dynamic over ear headphones like HD800 ?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSI500 - Sound Clarity Sound Isolating In Ear Earphones w/Linx Audio and Remote/Mic - Coppertagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUnique Melody Miracletagged by System, 7/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd800 in iem form? Last post on 4/6/11 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
High-end IEM's Vs. High-end over ear headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/22/12 at 3:01am
Apples and oranges comparison. Also do note that more drivers does not necessarily mean better sound, while you can get some high end customs and universals that share one or two sound similarities compared to some high end dynamic headphones but in the end, in this case to your question the HD800 will just have sound qualities that are leaps ahead of the W4 or Miracle. I have both the HD800's and the ES5 CIEM and its not a contender really, the ES5 isolates and blocks off sound 101% better then my HD800, but in the end, the HD800 (through my rig at least) is just much much more engaging with the music I listen to.post #3 of 67/22/12 at 3:25amThread Starterpost #4 of 67/22/12 at 4:00amQuote:
I don't think that would be a "correct" question to ask. I guess it has more to do with the fact that cans can provide much better stage and feel to the music compared to IEM-s. even when my Able planet IS500 is much, much better in sound quality compared to sony xd200, the later is just much more open and wide and mind you, this IS500 in fact is better in that regard than every IEM I've listened to up until now (not much, but still)post #5 of 67/22/12 at 4:27amThread Starterpost #6 of 67/22/12 at 4:31amQuote:
That would also apply to headphones...
Two different products filling two very different needs.
What are your needs?
JimReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-end IEM's Vs. High-end over ear headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 29 seconds ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › Onkyo E700M - FOTM for September 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...