I was looking through the "pictures of your portable rig" thread and realized tons of people have different ideas for their portable rig. I was wondering what everyones was if they had no worry in terms of pricing. I am curious to hear what people would consider the best and what they would want the most.
Here is some information I want to find out:
1. Name - What do you call this rig you are telling us about
2. Source/Amplification- this can be an iPod with a CLAS and an RxMK2 or anything like that, just make sure you include all links of the rig
3. Headphone or IEM (or CIEM) - What make and model would you want to have with this setup
4. Cables? - Any interesting cables to connect your devices? if so, include what they would be as well
5. Have you started working towards making this rig? Do you already have the portable rig you described? If so.....let us know how happy you are with it.
I hope everyone likes this idea as much as I do. Should be interesting to hear what everyone thinks.
1. Name: Sweet Nirvana
2. Source/Amplification: iBasso DX100
3. CIEM: Aurisonics AS-2
4. Cables: Crystal Piccolino IEM Cable (need to figure out which cable to get, Figured out this cable doesnt support recessed sockets)
5. Right now that rig is only a third of the way done. I have the Aurisonics AS-2's already. They are great with everything. I heard the DX100 at a Head-Fi meet with the stock IEM cable on the AS-2's and it was wonderful. I hear the Crystal Piccolino IEM cable is quite nice and well regarded. I think it would complement my CIEM's and the DX100 quite well.
Have fun guys! Can't wait to hear some creative names
Edited by kenman345 - 7/24/12 at 8:48am