- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/24/12More
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
Trying to find a good set of cans!post #1 of 267/21/12 at 10:27pmThread StarterHey! I am new to head fi and i love it! Im just a listner trying to get good sq ive never had any decent headphones before so im new anyways i will be doing my listning on a samsung flight two its a phone i listen to hip hop and rap i will be doing my listning mostly at home,in a car or on a bus and i stumbled upom the ath m50s but i didnt know if it would be worth it in my case thanks!! Would love to hear back
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 267/22/12 at 7:00pm
Yes, the M-50 is good for hiphop and rap. If you just want bass, Sony XB500. If you want a very nice entry level set of cans, Monoprice 8323. If you want to hear everything, but not have booming bass, Audio Technica AD700. Hope this short list helps!post #3 of 267/22/12 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 267/22/12 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #5 of 267/23/12 at 1:45am
Ultasone 750 Pro, 580, 780 ...this will handle bass that you may need...
I dunno whether you want opened cans....but if u are moving around...closed preferred...post #6 of 267/23/12 at 9:25amThread Starterpost #7 of 267/23/12 at 9:42ampost #8 of 267/23/12 at 9:47amQuote:
+1 to the uptowns... The music seal technology on the ear pads is an added bonus. They have exceptional isolation, but my only gripe would be the flimsy looking/feeling cable and the remote. Otherwise, these seem like a great alternative to the ATHm50post #9 of 267/23/12 at 10:02amThread Starterpost #10 of 267/23/12 at 10:23am
I could not say I have not heard the m50s, but they bass is very good on them everything is good on the mids are a little forwards but not that much. If you can get the money get the uptowns.post #11 of 267/23/12 at 10:38am
All the cans that I listed are interesting in their own way...i really hope you find a store to demo them and also what has been mentioned by others. Finally let your ears be the judge.
Keep some flacs that you listen to regularly and demo the max out of the store :)
Wish you the very best...post #12 of 267/23/12 at 12:01pmThread Starterpost #13 of 267/23/12 at 11:01pm
I have not heard the 29 but i just got the 39 and all i have to say is WOW awesome cans read my review its my first... http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-439-headphones/reviews/7139post #14 of 267/26/12 at 9:02amThread Starterpost #15 of 267/26/12 at 1:28pm
i have both and this is my decision. The 580's imo are the better phone, better tighter bass, slightly better mids and definitly much better lows. The M50 is better comfort wise. The ultrasones;s highs are quite sharp before burjn in. After about 50 hours they will tone down. So its comfort over sound quality your choise. The ultrasones arent terribly unconfortable but compared to the m50's. the m50's are more confortable, soundstage is better on 580's also. Over all definitly 580's. For sure you wont be dissapointed, they were $240 at one point ; ) now $120
- Trying to find a good set of cans!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lets Talk Metal 33 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 49 seconds ago
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 2 minutes ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › DSD, PCM and other myths explained.... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2