- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/24/12More
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
Trying to find a good set of cans!post #1 of 267/21/12 at 10:27pmThread StarterHey! I am new to head fi and i love it! Im just a listner trying to get good sq ive never had any decent headphones before so im new anyways i will be doing my listning on a samsung flight two its a phone i listen to hip hop and rap i will be doing my listning mostly at home,in a car or on a bus and i stumbled upom the ath m50s but i didnt know if it would be worth it in my case thanks!! Would love to hear back
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 267/22/12 at 7:00pm
Yes, the M-50 is good for hiphop and rap. If you just want bass, Sony XB500. If you want a very nice entry level set of cans, Monoprice 8323. If you want to hear everything, but not have booming bass, Audio Technica AD700. Hope this short list helps!post #3 of 267/22/12 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 267/22/12 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #5 of 267/23/12 at 1:45am
Ultasone 750 Pro, 580, 780 ...this will handle bass that you may need...
I dunno whether you want opened cans....but if u are moving around...closed preferred...post #6 of 267/23/12 at 9:25amThread Starterpost #7 of 267/23/12 at 9:42ampost #8 of 267/23/12 at 9:47amQuote:
+1 to the uptowns... The music seal technology on the ear pads is an added bonus. They have exceptional isolation, but my only gripe would be the flimsy looking/feeling cable and the remote. Otherwise, these seem like a great alternative to the ATHm50post #9 of 267/23/12 at 10:02amThread Starterpost #10 of 267/23/12 at 10:23am
I could not say I have not heard the m50s, but they bass is very good on them everything is good on the mids are a little forwards but not that much. If you can get the money get the uptowns.post #11 of 267/23/12 at 10:38am
All the cans that I listed are interesting in their own way...i really hope you find a store to demo them and also what has been mentioned by others. Finally let your ears be the judge.
Keep some flacs that you listen to regularly and demo the max out of the store :)
Wish you the very best...post #12 of 267/23/12 at 12:01pmThread Starterpost #13 of 267/23/12 at 11:01pm
I have not heard the 29 but i just got the 39 and all i have to say is WOW awesome cans read my review its my first... http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-439-headphones/reviews/7139post #14 of 267/26/12 at 9:02amThread Starterpost #15 of 267/26/12 at 1:28pm
i have both and this is my decision. The 580's imo are the better phone, better tighter bass, slightly better mids and definitly much better lows. The M50 is better comfort wise. The ultrasones;s highs are quite sharp before burjn in. After about 50 hours they will tone down. So its comfort over sound quality your choise. The ultrasones arent terribly unconfortable but compared to the m50's. the m50's are more confortable, soundstage is better on 580's also. Over all definitly 580's. For sure you wont be dissapointed, they were $240 at one point ; ) now $120
- Trying to find a good set of cans!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › KOGAN - MP4 Player (The Last of a Rare Breed - Free Shipping) 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 7 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 II Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3