- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/24/12More
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
Trying to find a good set of cans!post #1 of 267/21/12 at 10:27pmThread StarterHey! I am new to head fi and i love it! Im just a listner trying to get good sq ive never had any decent headphones before so im new anyways i will be doing my listning on a samsung flight two its a phone i listen to hip hop and rap i will be doing my listning mostly at home,in a car or on a bus and i stumbled upom the ath m50s but i didnt know if it would be worth it in my case thanks!! Would love to hear back
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 267/22/12 at 7:00pm
Yes, the M-50 is good for hiphop and rap. If you just want bass, Sony XB500. If you want a very nice entry level set of cans, Monoprice 8323. If you want to hear everything, but not have booming bass, Audio Technica AD700. Hope this short list helps!post #3 of 267/22/12 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 267/22/12 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #5 of 267/23/12 at 1:45am
Ultasone 750 Pro, 580, 780 ...this will handle bass that you may need...
I dunno whether you want opened cans....but if u are moving around...closed preferred...post #6 of 267/23/12 at 9:25amThread Starterpost #7 of 267/23/12 at 9:42ampost #8 of 267/23/12 at 9:47amQuote:
+1 to the uptowns... The music seal technology on the ear pads is an added bonus. They have exceptional isolation, but my only gripe would be the flimsy looking/feeling cable and the remote. Otherwise, these seem like a great alternative to the ATHm50post #9 of 267/23/12 at 10:02amThread Starterpost #10 of 267/23/12 at 10:23am
I could not say I have not heard the m50s, but they bass is very good on them everything is good on the mids are a little forwards but not that much. If you can get the money get the uptowns.post #11 of 267/23/12 at 10:38am
All the cans that I listed are interesting in their own way...i really hope you find a store to demo them and also what has been mentioned by others. Finally let your ears be the judge.
Keep some flacs that you listen to regularly and demo the max out of the store :)
Wish you the very best...post #12 of 267/23/12 at 12:01pmThread Starterpost #13 of 267/23/12 at 11:01pm
I have not heard the 29 but i just got the 39 and all i have to say is WOW awesome cans read my review its my first... http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-439-headphones/reviews/7139post #14 of 267/26/12 at 9:02amThread Starterpost #15 of 267/26/12 at 1:28pm
i have both and this is my decision. The 580's imo are the better phone, better tighter bass, slightly better mids and definitly much better lows. The M50 is better comfort wise. The ultrasones;s highs are quite sharp before burjn in. After about 50 hours they will tone down. So its comfort over sound quality your choise. The ultrasones arent terribly unconfortable but compared to the m50's. the m50's are more confortable, soundstage is better on 580's also. Over all definitly 580's. For sure you wont be dissapointed, they were $240 at one point ; ) now $120
- Trying to find a good set of cans!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 28 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for well-built, closed-back headphones under $300 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › iDAC2. Calling 5 Head-Fi'ers. A litte surprise. (page 37) 5 minutes ago
- › Understanding Volume in Windows 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 7 minutes ago
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...