- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/24/12More
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
Trying to find a good set of cans!post #1 of 267/21/12 at 10:27pmThread StarterHey! I am new to head fi and i love it! Im just a listner trying to get good sq ive never had any decent headphones before so im new anyways i will be doing my listning on a samsung flight two its a phone i listen to hip hop and rap i will be doing my listning mostly at home,in a car or on a bus and i stumbled upom the ath m50s but i didnt know if it would be worth it in my case thanks!! Would love to hear back
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 267/22/12 at 7:00pm
Yes, the M-50 is good for hiphop and rap. If you just want bass, Sony XB500. If you want a very nice entry level set of cans, Monoprice 8323. If you want to hear everything, but not have booming bass, Audio Technica AD700. Hope this short list helps!post #3 of 267/22/12 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 267/22/12 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #5 of 267/23/12 at 1:45am
Ultasone 750 Pro, 580, 780 ...this will handle bass that you may need...
I dunno whether you want opened cans....but if u are moving around...closed preferred...post #6 of 267/23/12 at 9:25amThread Starterpost #7 of 267/23/12 at 9:42ampost #8 of 267/23/12 at 9:47amQuote:
+1 to the uptowns... The music seal technology on the ear pads is an added bonus. They have exceptional isolation, but my only gripe would be the flimsy looking/feeling cable and the remote. Otherwise, these seem like a great alternative to the ATHm50post #9 of 267/23/12 at 10:02amThread Starterpost #10 of 267/23/12 at 10:23am
I could not say I have not heard the m50s, but they bass is very good on them everything is good on the mids are a little forwards but not that much. If you can get the money get the uptowns.post #11 of 267/23/12 at 10:38am
All the cans that I listed are interesting in their own way...i really hope you find a store to demo them and also what has been mentioned by others. Finally let your ears be the judge.
Keep some flacs that you listen to regularly and demo the max out of the store :)
Wish you the very best...post #12 of 267/23/12 at 12:01pmThread Starterpost #13 of 267/23/12 at 11:01pm
I have not heard the 29 but i just got the 39 and all i have to say is WOW awesome cans read my review its my first... http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-439-headphones/reviews/7139post #14 of 267/26/12 at 9:02amThread Starterpost #15 of 267/26/12 at 1:28pm
i have both and this is my decision. The 580's imo are the better phone, better tighter bass, slightly better mids and definitly much better lows. The M50 is better comfort wise. The ultrasones;s highs are quite sharp before burjn in. After about 50 hours they will tone down. So its comfort over sound quality your choise. The ultrasones arent terribly unconfortable but compared to the m50's. the m50's are more confortable, soundstage is better on 580's also. Over all definitly 580's. For sure you wont be dissapointed, they were $240 at one point ; ) now $120
- Trying to find a good set of cans!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 35 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 57 seconds ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 6 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 7 minutes ago
- › Rampage V Edition 10 Audio or Creative X7? 8 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...