- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/24/12More
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
Trying to find a good set of cans!post #1 of 267/21/12 at 10:27pmThread StarterHey! I am new to head fi and i love it! Im just a listner trying to get good sq ive never had any decent headphones before so im new anyways i will be doing my listning on a samsung flight two its a phone i listen to hip hop and rap i will be doing my listning mostly at home,in a car or on a bus and i stumbled upom the ath m50s but i didnt know if it would be worth it in my case thanks!! Would love to hear back
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 267/22/12 at 7:00pm
Yes, the M-50 is good for hiphop and rap. If you just want bass, Sony XB500. If you want a very nice entry level set of cans, Monoprice 8323. If you want to hear everything, but not have booming bass, Audio Technica AD700. Hope this short list helps!post #3 of 267/22/12 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 267/22/12 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #5 of 267/23/12 at 1:45am
Ultasone 750 Pro, 580, 780 ...this will handle bass that you may need...
I dunno whether you want opened cans....but if u are moving around...closed preferred...post #6 of 267/23/12 at 9:25amThread Starterpost #7 of 267/23/12 at 9:42ampost #8 of 267/23/12 at 9:47amQuote:
+1 to the uptowns... The music seal technology on the ear pads is an added bonus. They have exceptional isolation, but my only gripe would be the flimsy looking/feeling cable and the remote. Otherwise, these seem like a great alternative to the ATHm50post #9 of 267/23/12 at 10:02amThread Starterpost #10 of 267/23/12 at 10:23am
I could not say I have not heard the m50s, but they bass is very good on them everything is good on the mids are a little forwards but not that much. If you can get the money get the uptowns.post #11 of 267/23/12 at 10:38am
All the cans that I listed are interesting in their own way...i really hope you find a store to demo them and also what has been mentioned by others. Finally let your ears be the judge.
Keep some flacs that you listen to regularly and demo the max out of the store :)
Wish you the very best...post #12 of 267/23/12 at 12:01pmThread Starterpost #13 of 267/23/12 at 11:01pm
I have not heard the 29 but i just got the 39 and all i have to say is WOW awesome cans read my review its my first... http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-439-headphones/reviews/7139post #14 of 267/26/12 at 9:02amThread Starterpost #15 of 267/26/12 at 1:28pm
i have both and this is my decision. The 580's imo are the better phone, better tighter bass, slightly better mids and definitly much better lows. The M50 is better comfort wise. The ultrasones;s highs are quite sharp before burjn in. After about 50 hours they will tone down. So its comfort over sound quality your choise. The ultrasones arent terribly unconfortable but compared to the m50's. the m50's are more confortable, soundstage is better on 580's also. Over all definitly 580's. For sure you wont be dissapointed, they were $240 at one point ; ) now $120
- Trying to find a good set of cans!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 4 minutes ago
- › Yuin PK1-PK2 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear Brown LNIB shipped conus 4 minutes ago
- › Best mid price in ear headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Like New Etymotic ER4S Red/blue version shipped 5 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)