If you like the m50, try the w1000x: it's like the m50 but more comfortable and the sound is bigger & better in every way.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 7/22/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/22/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/22/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 7/22/12More
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- A little more mids than the M50s, in the same price range? (Maybe $180) Last post on 8/10/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good cans similar to Sennheiser HD 558 but closed cups? Last post on 8/12/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Looking for my perfect set of cans - Page 2post #16 of 207/22/12 at 9:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 207/22/12 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Geckster
I'm hoping I can get a little guidance, as I'm in over my head, and out of my league. Firstly, let me say that I am by know means an audiophile, but I am looking to get started down the right path. I'm looking for a decent set of over the ear headphones, and I'm open to any brand. I have a price that I would like to spend of $200.00 but I don't really have a budget per se.
Here's a few random details:
I love the sound of the M50's
I loathe Beats ( all my friends have them and cannot hear how horrible they sound)
I would have already purchased the M50's if it were not for the length of the cord.
I want something that I can listen to for 2-3 hours at a time.
I'm not interested in true noise cancelling headphones as I'm not willing to sacrifice quality.
I listen to a lot of classical and blues. A few of my favorite artists include Adele, the Beatles, Ray LaMontagne, Sara Bareilles Stevie Ray Vaughan but I'll usually listen to anything aside from hard rock and rap/hip-hop.
I prefer vinyl over digital any day, but my collection is small. The primary use of the headphones will be for an ipod though.
I would like to make a purchase within the next month. I've been searching for the perfect set for me, but I feel lost right now.
Geckster, you'll get lots of great advice about this, but I would also suggest looking into a pair of used headphones. Pleather, plastic, and metal are all nonporous materials and can be cleaned up and sterilized easily, so you can basically get a really good deal on a higher-end pair of headphones that can be cleaned up to be practically new.post #18 of 207/30/12 at 5:45amQuote:
might also want to mention that its 500 dollars more expensive.post #19 of 207/30/12 at 8:17amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by whereas
Geckster, you'll get lots of great advice about this, but I would also suggest looking into a pair of used headphones. Pleather, plastic, and metal are all nonporous materials and can be cleaned up and sterilized easily, so you can basically get a really good deal on a higher-end pair of headphones that can be cleaned up to be practically new.
Thanks, I never thought of going that route. Do you have a recommended site to go to, other than eBay?post #20 of 208/8/12 at 8:05pm
Amazon has used deals all the time for most all headphones, so I'd check there first. I found my Denons by doing a google search and rooting through dozens of results pages to find someone selling a pair on an obscure forum. Got a really great deal on a like-new pair. I couldn't have gotten that same deal through ebay or something like that, so I would keep that in mind.
- Looking for my perfect set of cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 26 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Single Driver IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 2 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Ramen-Fi! 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)