If you like the m50, try the w1000x: it's like the m50 but more comfortable and the sound is bigger & better in every way.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 7/22/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/22/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/22/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 7/22/12More
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- A little more mids than the M50s, in the same price range? (Maybe $180) Last post on 8/10/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good cans similar to Sennheiser HD 558 but closed cups? Last post on 8/12/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
Looking for my perfect set of cans - Page 2post #16 of 207/22/12 at 9:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 207/22/12 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Geckster
I'm hoping I can get a little guidance, as I'm in over my head, and out of my league. Firstly, let me say that I am by know means an audiophile, but I am looking to get started down the right path. I'm looking for a decent set of over the ear headphones, and I'm open to any brand. I have a price that I would like to spend of $200.00 but I don't really have a budget per se.
Here's a few random details:
I love the sound of the M50's
I loathe Beats ( all my friends have them and cannot hear how horrible they sound)
I would have already purchased the M50's if it were not for the length of the cord.
I want something that I can listen to for 2-3 hours at a time.
I'm not interested in true noise cancelling headphones as I'm not willing to sacrifice quality.
I listen to a lot of classical and blues. A few of my favorite artists include Adele, the Beatles, Ray LaMontagne, Sara Bareilles Stevie Ray Vaughan but I'll usually listen to anything aside from hard rock and rap/hip-hop.
I prefer vinyl over digital any day, but my collection is small. The primary use of the headphones will be for an ipod though.
I would like to make a purchase within the next month. I've been searching for the perfect set for me, but I feel lost right now.
Geckster, you'll get lots of great advice about this, but I would also suggest looking into a pair of used headphones. Pleather, plastic, and metal are all nonporous materials and can be cleaned up and sterilized easily, so you can basically get a really good deal on a higher-end pair of headphones that can be cleaned up to be practically new.post #18 of 207/30/12 at 5:45amQuote:
might also want to mention that its 500 dollars more expensive.post #19 of 207/30/12 at 8:17amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by whereas
Geckster, you'll get lots of great advice about this, but I would also suggest looking into a pair of used headphones. Pleather, plastic, and metal are all nonporous materials and can be cleaned up and sterilized easily, so you can basically get a really good deal on a higher-end pair of headphones that can be cleaned up to be practically new.
Thanks, I never thought of going that route. Do you have a recommended site to go to, other than eBay?post #20 of 208/8/12 at 8:05pm
Amazon has used deals all the time for most all headphones, so I'd check there first. I found my Denons by doing a google search and rooting through dozens of results pages to find someone selling a pair on an obscure forum. Got a really great deal on a like-new pair. I couldn't have gotten that same deal through ebay or something like that, so I would keep that in mind.
- Looking for my perfect set of cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 8 seconds ago
- › HD 700 near mint 28 seconds ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Audio-gd NFB-7 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2