If you like the m50, try the w1000x: it's like the m50 but more comfortable and the sound is bigger & better in every way.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 7/22/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/22/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/22/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 7/22/12More
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/22/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- A little more mids than the M50s, in the same price range? (Maybe $180) Last post on 8/10/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good cans similar to Sennheiser HD 558 but closed cups? Last post on 8/12/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Looking for my perfect set of cans - Page 2post #16 of 207/22/12 at 9:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 207/22/12 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Geckster
I'm hoping I can get a little guidance, as I'm in over my head, and out of my league. Firstly, let me say that I am by know means an audiophile, but I am looking to get started down the right path. I'm looking for a decent set of over the ear headphones, and I'm open to any brand. I have a price that I would like to spend of $200.00 but I don't really have a budget per se.
Here's a few random details:
I love the sound of the M50's
I loathe Beats ( all my friends have them and cannot hear how horrible they sound)
I would have already purchased the M50's if it were not for the length of the cord.
I want something that I can listen to for 2-3 hours at a time.
I'm not interested in true noise cancelling headphones as I'm not willing to sacrifice quality.
I listen to a lot of classical and blues. A few of my favorite artists include Adele, the Beatles, Ray LaMontagne, Sara Bareilles Stevie Ray Vaughan but I'll usually listen to anything aside from hard rock and rap/hip-hop.
I prefer vinyl over digital any day, but my collection is small. The primary use of the headphones will be for an ipod though.
I would like to make a purchase within the next month. I've been searching for the perfect set for me, but I feel lost right now.
Geckster, you'll get lots of great advice about this, but I would also suggest looking into a pair of used headphones. Pleather, plastic, and metal are all nonporous materials and can be cleaned up and sterilized easily, so you can basically get a really good deal on a higher-end pair of headphones that can be cleaned up to be practically new.post #18 of 207/30/12 at 5:45amQuote:
might also want to mention that its 500 dollars more expensive.post #19 of 207/30/12 at 8:17amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by whereas
Geckster, you'll get lots of great advice about this, but I would also suggest looking into a pair of used headphones. Pleather, plastic, and metal are all nonporous materials and can be cleaned up and sterilized easily, so you can basically get a really good deal on a higher-end pair of headphones that can be cleaned up to be practically new.
Thanks, I never thought of going that route. Do you have a recommended site to go to, other than eBay?post #20 of 208/8/12 at 8:05pm
Amazon has used deals all the time for most all headphones, so I'd check there first. I found my Denons by doing a google search and rooting through dozens of results pages to find someone selling a pair on an obscure forum. Got a really great deal on a like-new pair. I couldn't have gotten that same deal through ebay or something like that, so I would keep that in mind.
- Looking for my perfect set of cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 33 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 2 minutes ago
- › Which high end headphone would you buy at these given prices: 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › Analytical headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2