I'm trying to choose between these headphones. I'm new to head-fi and looking for a pair of nice sounding headphones to get me started. My budget is $56. Also, no biased reviews, and only suggest headphones in this price range please!! Thank you!
- productCAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 )tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productIncipio f38 Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 7/24/12
- productRazer Orca Gaming and Music Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSuperlux HD 681tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Has anything come out that's better than the HD668Bs for the price? Last post on 7/15/12 at 5:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help! Headphones for my Son Last post on 12/10/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing Headphones: Which One Is Good? Suggestions? Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice 8323 Good for My Needs? Last post on 10/5/12 at 7:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones under 50$ (I need your help) Last post on 8/12/12 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
Incipio f38, Superlux HD681 (or 668), or Razer Orca's? HELP!post #1 of 217/21/12 at 6:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 217/21/12 at 6:26pmpost #3 of 217/21/12 at 6:35pm
If you're a big listener of EDM I would suggest the Razer Electra's. I finished writing my review on them not to long ago, great budget oriented headphone that will fit your price range Thadious.post #4 of 217/21/12 at 7:05pmThread Starter
I listen to Hardcore Punk, Acoustic, Thrash, Ska, Ska-Punk, Indie, garage rock, classic rock, some Classical. Basically everything from The Decemberists-The Locust. Also, I will use these for music, computer use (music, games), games (tf2, Left 4 Dead series, basically valve games), and Possibly my PS3. Also as a side note, I do like clarity in the bass (Ska has crazy awesome bass lines) and non-recessed mids and highs. So basically I like bass but I like having the WHOLE spectrum more. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Incipio's (portability, rave reviews) and the CAD MH310 (closed back, good sound quality). I prefer closed back for riding the bus, and listening to music on trips and while my bro is on the PS3 which is right next to the computer.
Edited by Thadious James - 7/21/12 at 7:10pmpost #5 of 217/21/12 at 8:01pmpost #6 of 217/21/12 at 8:21pmThread Starterpost #7 of 217/21/12 at 8:25pmpost #8 of 217/21/12 at 8:58pmpost #9 of 217/21/12 at 9:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by EpicPie
The HTF600 is $30 shipped from amazon.
I have to agree with this. It fits your musical genres and isn't bad for gaming. Plus it's more comfortable then the Superlux and you can buy velour pads which enhance the comfort AND the sound for only $20 more.post #10 of 217/21/12 at 9:03pmpost #11 of 217/22/12 at 1:20amThread Starter
I was looking at these, many people seemed to have a problem with build quality. I read somewhere the top band snapped? I think I'm mis-quoting but more people then I'm comfortable with have had build problems. What do you guys think of the CAD MH310 and the Incipio's? Can we concentrate on these? I have been going back and forth between many different headphones for about 2 weeks now haha!post #12 of 217/22/12 at 7:02am
I have the ace mp-68 version of the incipios. If you get those, I recommend removing the foam that covers the driver and do the bluetak mod. It's explained here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/485660/review-fischer-audios-fa-004/165 Look around for maxel retro dj and ace version of the headphones. With your budget you could get two, maybe even three maxel's :D There are quite a few problems with incipios though. I find the soundstage to be small. I preferred hd681 for classical over the aces. Soundstage is good enough for non competitive gaming. My ace's are definately not the most comfortable headphones in the world. Cup's are small to begin with and after removing the foam my ears touch the plastic grille in front of the driver. I don't use them for extented periods but for someone who does this could become a problem. Stuffing in the headband is also thin. Im fine with it but my girlfriend says it hurts her head. That is nothing to be worried about...looking at the pictures the structure of the headband seems to vary between different versions (ace, incipio, fa-004 etc..) My ace's also leak noice. Isolation is decent but people around you might be able to hear your music, even with fairly low volumes. It might be an issue with me wearing glasses, but the headphones just dont seal my ears in properly and the music leaks out. Not as bad as open headphones but as far as closed cans go...it's bad. For public use I think Koss prodj100 would suit you better. Fit's your budget. CAL! was also cheap while ago, but now it's 99$ on amazon. I haven't heard koss or cal! myself but reviews have been very good. Build of the ace headphones is very simple...which is great. Not many moving parts, less risk of breaking them. Ace's are are my on the go headphones for that reason. Even though headphones don't fold, they go in a small space. I won't go on describing how they sound, you have obviously done your homework :) All I can say, theyre as good as people say. Bottom line is: If you have a huge head, incipios might not be for you. If sound leakage is a problem, look somewhere else. If you can live with those issues I'd say choose incipios over cad's. I doubt there is significant difference in sq, so I'd say portability and price is a dealbreaker here. And again, I Highly recommend modding the incipios :)post #13 of 217/22/12 at 2:19pmpost #14 of 217/22/12 at 2:35pmThread Starter
- Incipio f38, Superlux HD681 (or 668), or Razer Orca's? HELP!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 22 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 33 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 35 seconds ago
- › FS:Ultrasone Edition 8 Ruthenium - Shipping World Wide 47 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...