I'm trying to choose between these headphones. I'm new to head-fi and looking for a pair of nice sounding headphones to get me started. My budget is $56. Also, no biased reviews, and only suggest headphones in this price range please!! Thank you!
- productCAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 )tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productIncipio f38 Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 7/24/12
- productRazer Orca Gaming and Music Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSuperlux HD 681tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Has anything come out that's better than the HD668Bs for the price? Last post on 7/15/12 at 5:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help! Headphones for my Son Last post on 12/10/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing Headphones: Which One Is Good? Suggestions? Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice 8323 Good for My Needs? Last post on 10/5/12 at 7:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones under 50$ (I need your help) Last post on 8/12/12 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Incipio f38, Superlux HD681 (or 668), or Razer Orca's? HELP!post #1 of 217/21/12 at 6:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 217/21/12 at 6:26pmpost #3 of 217/21/12 at 6:35pm
If you're a big listener of EDM I would suggest the Razer Electra's. I finished writing my review on them not to long ago, great budget oriented headphone that will fit your price range Thadious.post #4 of 217/21/12 at 7:05pmThread Starter
I listen to Hardcore Punk, Acoustic, Thrash, Ska, Ska-Punk, Indie, garage rock, classic rock, some Classical. Basically everything from The Decemberists-The Locust. Also, I will use these for music, computer use (music, games), games (tf2, Left 4 Dead series, basically valve games), and Possibly my PS3. Also as a side note, I do like clarity in the bass (Ska has crazy awesome bass lines) and non-recessed mids and highs. So basically I like bass but I like having the WHOLE spectrum more. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Incipio's (portability, rave reviews) and the CAD MH310 (closed back, good sound quality). I prefer closed back for riding the bus, and listening to music on trips and while my bro is on the PS3 which is right next to the computer.
Edited by Thadious James - 7/21/12 at 7:10pmpost #5 of 217/21/12 at 8:01pmpost #6 of 217/21/12 at 8:21pmThread Starterpost #7 of 217/21/12 at 8:25pmpost #8 of 217/21/12 at 8:58pmpost #9 of 217/21/12 at 9:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by EpicPie
The HTF600 is $30 shipped from amazon.
I have to agree with this. It fits your musical genres and isn't bad for gaming. Plus it's more comfortable then the Superlux and you can buy velour pads which enhance the comfort AND the sound for only $20 more.post #10 of 217/21/12 at 9:03pmpost #11 of 217/22/12 at 1:20amThread Starter
I was looking at these, many people seemed to have a problem with build quality. I read somewhere the top band snapped? I think I'm mis-quoting but more people then I'm comfortable with have had build problems. What do you guys think of the CAD MH310 and the Incipio's? Can we concentrate on these? I have been going back and forth between many different headphones for about 2 weeks now haha!post #12 of 217/22/12 at 7:02am
I have the ace mp-68 version of the incipios. If you get those, I recommend removing the foam that covers the driver and do the bluetak mod. It's explained here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/485660/review-fischer-audios-fa-004/165 Look around for maxel retro dj and ace version of the headphones. With your budget you could get two, maybe even three maxel's :D There are quite a few problems with incipios though. I find the soundstage to be small. I preferred hd681 for classical over the aces. Soundstage is good enough for non competitive gaming. My ace's are definately not the most comfortable headphones in the world. Cup's are small to begin with and after removing the foam my ears touch the plastic grille in front of the driver. I don't use them for extented periods but for someone who does this could become a problem. Stuffing in the headband is also thin. Im fine with it but my girlfriend says it hurts her head. That is nothing to be worried about...looking at the pictures the structure of the headband seems to vary between different versions (ace, incipio, fa-004 etc..) My ace's also leak noice. Isolation is decent but people around you might be able to hear your music, even with fairly low volumes. It might be an issue with me wearing glasses, but the headphones just dont seal my ears in properly and the music leaks out. Not as bad as open headphones but as far as closed cans go...it's bad. For public use I think Koss prodj100 would suit you better. Fit's your budget. CAL! was also cheap while ago, but now it's 99$ on amazon. I haven't heard koss or cal! myself but reviews have been very good. Build of the ace headphones is very simple...which is great. Not many moving parts, less risk of breaking them. Ace's are are my on the go headphones for that reason. Even though headphones don't fold, they go in a small space. I won't go on describing how they sound, you have obviously done your homework :) All I can say, theyre as good as people say. Bottom line is: If you have a huge head, incipios might not be for you. If sound leakage is a problem, look somewhere else. If you can live with those issues I'd say choose incipios over cad's. I doubt there is significant difference in sq, so I'd say portability and price is a dealbreaker here. And again, I Highly recommend modding the incipios :)post #13 of 217/22/12 at 2:19pmpost #14 of 217/22/12 at 2:35pmThread Starter
- Incipio f38, Superlux HD681 (or 668), or Razer Orca's? HELP!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Ghost in the MP3 just now
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 19 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 39 seconds ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Still prefer Soul/Beats over M50's, M100, X2, DT1350, HD650... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Is Grado GS1k meant to be a higher end model compared to the famous... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3