Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Are Magical! And Other Nearly-Criminal Marketing Schemes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beats Are Magical! And Other Nearly-Criminal Marketing Schemes - Page 12

post #166 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

http://soulelectronics.com/en/our-story/
Sounds like a load of horse **** to me but I could be wrong, maybe they did pay "several of the audio industry's most prestigious engineers" to do absolutely nothing.


True, I didn't think to include the Soul or Sleek lines. I figured they'd be similar to the Beats.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #167 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post


True, I didn't think to include the Soul or Sleek lines. I figured they'd be similar to the Beats.

I instantly knew I'd find more of this kind of stuff on the beats wannabes.
Surprisingly enough there's just a complete lack of... well... anything for SMS by 50 cent.
post #168 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

Surprisingly enough there's just a complete lack of... well... anything for SMS by 50 cent.

 

Lol. I remember reading a review somewhere about these, and how the original headphone 50 was set to release was dropped for whatever reason. Then he started this company, and if I remember correctly, in only a few months they developed this line of headphones. What's odd to me is how the whole process just seemed rushed. Like they just wanted to put a headphone with 50 Cent's name on the market as soon as possible. I haven't heard them though, so I don't know what they really sound like.

post #169 of 433
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

http://soulelectronics.com/en/our-story/
Sounds like a load of horse **** to me but I could be wrong, maybe they did pay "several of the audio industry's most prestigious engineers" to do absolutely nothing.


Yes, Soul is here to "change the game". They're also the "first headphone that effectively merges style with professional acoustics" (not that it does the latter well).

 

Not to mention that they call their headphones a "professional line of personal audio tools". What?

post #170 of 433
Thread Starter 

Speaking of lies, the whole Beats Audio thing with HP is absolutely bunk. My girlfriend's computer, in the same series as mine, has better speakers than my Beats-branded one, and the only thing I like better on mine is the internal DAC. For the premium I get that and (let me count here) four stickers that proclaim the cross-branding.

post #171 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post


Yes, Soul is here to "change the game". They're also the "first headphone that effectively merges style with professional acoustics" (not that it does the latter well).

 

Not to mention that they call their headphones a "professional line of personal audio tools". What?


I haven't heard the Souls either. But just on their website, there was a video clip embedded, and next to the clip, there was a quote which read, "What I love the most about the SL300 is the most accurate sound I've ever heard". But in the video, he only says that line then talks about how they light up and stuff.

 

I don't know, maybe they are accurate. I can't say as I've never heard them. But that line strikes me as odd, is all I'm saying. I think they can get away with it here by adding the 'Ive ever heard' part. Then they're making it like it's his opinion, and who can really say whether he's right or not.

post #172 of 433
Thread Starter 

i thought I'd find myself something from a more respected name in audio, and my mind drifted to the listing for the ESP/950 from earlier, which may have been written in the 1980s but is full of crap today.

 

1000

Their electrostatic transducer is so revolutionary and cutting-edge that they've been producing it in the same headphone for over 20 years. They seem to have never heard of Stax, also, nor of the current dynamics that beat it in SQ. I love my ESP/950, but I have no delusions about it being the most modern, best-sounding can on earth.

post #173 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

i thought I'd find myself something from a more respected name in audio, and my mind drifted to the listing for the ESP/950 from earlier, which may have been written in the 1980s but is full of crap today.
Their electrostatic transducer is so revolutionary and cutting-edge that they've been producing it in the same headphone for over 20 years. They seem to have never heard of Stax, also, nor of the current dynamics that beat it in SQ. I love my ESP/950, but I have no delusions about it being the most modern, best-sounding can on earth.

Are they still using that marketing? Or was that from 20 years ago? ;P
post #174 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


Are they still using that marketing? Or was that from 20 years ago? ;P

 

If you watch the John Koss video on their website, you'll find that they purposely depicted the electrostatics as if they pioneered it.

post #175 of 433
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


Are they still using that marketing? Or was that from 20 years ago? ;P

That's from their current website.

post #176 of 433
Thread Starter 

Somebody tell me that absolutely none of this from Grado's main headphone page is just overly-filtered tech jargon that has no impact on what they say it does.

 

1000

Also, at the end of the page they claim that their headphones "minimize any interference from external noise". What a load of unadulterated BS that is.

post #177 of 433

You know those types of essays that you write in high school when you are short on time...the ones you type out in 20 minutes. This is that type of "out of the ass".

 

An engineer wouldn't write this type of crap.

post #178 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenlongs View Post

You know those types of essays that you write in high school when you are short on time...the ones you type out in 20 minutes. This is that type of "out of the ass".

 

An engineer wouldn't write this type of crap.

 

You'll get 10/10 for writing that in art class thou.

post #179 of 433
Thread Starter 

I challenge somebody to find a lie that tops the line about Grados isolating from outside noise.

post #180 of 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I challenge somebody to find a lie that tops the line about Grados isolating from outside noise.

Not sure if we're thinking the same thing, but I assumed they were referring to interference, not isolation.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Are Magical! And Other Nearly-Criminal Marketing Schemes