Hi, I'm looking for closed, over ear headphones for listening to music on my iphone without an amp. I listen to techno, dubstep, hiphop, and rap. They cant be more than $200. Also, I'm looking for some cool models like the astro a30s or V-Moda Crossfade LP because I would like to wear these around school. The LPs are cool but I understand that they are very bass heavy. Has anyone tried them? I don't want the bass to be overpowering, I would prefer the headphones to be balanced .Do you guys know any headphones that would fit these characteristics? I understand that the ultrasones are very popular in this catagory.
- productASTRO Gaming A30 Wireless System (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones under $100? Last post on 7/23/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- suggestions? Last post on 7/27/12 at 1:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recently got a set of these headphones Last post on 12/3/14 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Best Closed Headphones under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 27/21/12 at 6:15pm
Closed, balanced, and good for Rap/Hip-Hop.... V-Moda M80's. I think the M80's are pretty nice with a smooth sound with a tiny bit of needed treble energy. The bass is there and has good impact but does not over power. They aren't that big either and are easily powered.
- Best Closed Headphones under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 1 minute ago
- › FS: Grado RS2e 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › FS: ATH-AD700 2 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure 1540 with alpha pads!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Advice on headphones!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3