- 1,291 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I buy just one Beats Headphone? Last post on 1/16/15 at 10:58pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best setup for under $1000 (headphone, amp, and dac) Last post on 3/20/14 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones? Last post on 10/8/12 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- How much of a difference is there between the Ultrasone signature pro/edition 8 and a mid fi... Last post on 10/19/13 at 12:52am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
= Hifiman Regrilling Mod = - Page 17post #241 of 7412/17/14 at 5:50pmI
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 7412/22/14 at 9:57pmpost #243 of 7412/24/14 at 8:29am
Whats the best way to remove the retaining rings? I tried prying it out with a thin screwdriver at the 1030 and 130 positions but it wouldnt give.
Didnt want to scratch anything.post #244 of 7412/24/14 at 8:37amQuote:
I just used my fingernails. Pull the ring toward the center of the grill.post #245 of 7412/26/14 at 9:48pmI used the letter tray mesh on the HE-6 and it's a very nice change of presentation. More speaker like. This, Denon angled pads and the felt mod has made an already world class headphone even better.post #246 of 7412/27/14 at 9:04ampost #247 of 7413/1/14 at 10:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by ThurstonX
Why not order this:
get some tin snips and a file (for thinning the edge). That's all it takes.
- Use a stock grill to make a cut-out from some stiff cardboard
- Use that cut-out and a Sharpie or other marker to trace the circle on the mesh
- Snip it so it's just slightly too large (basically, follow the traced circle, but don't go too much inside the marker tracing)
- Trim that with the snips and file until it fits
- If you can't get the holding ring back in place easily, thin the edge (without reducing the size of the circle; so file straight out from the center)
- If you want to attach a dust shield, organza is a nice fabric; could try spray adhesive (use a smaller circle cut-out such that the spray only gets on the outer part of the grill, rather than sticking the fabric to the entire grill surface), or maybe a glue stick. I tried and can't recommend Super or Krazy glue or kids' glue like Modge Podge or whatever. They will work, but can be messy.
Hope that helps.
Oh yeah, and @Nimzerz, get a pair of Q701 pads
I used this grill and put one on one side while the other side had stock grills. Then I tested it using some mono tracks. I could not hear any difference between stock grill and the new grill.post #248 of 7413/2/14 at 12:59amThat's definitely an odd way of testing sound difference... where'd you get the mono tracks and wouldn't you be killing soundstage, separation and depth by going mono tracks?post #249 of 7413/31/14 at 11:45ampost #250 of 7414/8/14 at 12:00ampost #251 of 7414/8/14 at 12:35ampost #252 of 7414/11/14 at 12:16pmpost #253 of 7414/11/14 at 12:22pmpost #254 of 7414/11/14 at 12:51pmThread Starter
The new HE560 wooden cup doesn't have 4 tiny slots carved into its grill rim regions...there has to be some way of keeping the grill-retainment ring secure without having to resort to something permanent (wood glue).post #255 of 7414/11/14 at 12:55pmYou think maybe the units you guys got pre-release might be different in a sense they just glued the rings on vs notching the wood?
- = Hifiman Regrilling Mod =
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 55 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Over-the-ear headphones which keep ears cool 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 3 minutes ago
- › Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB A to B 0.5M - half price -... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear