Absolutely agreed here. That, and Cross by Justice. Basslines you did not hear before are now present and the overall sound of the music really brings any good pair of headphones to life, and vice versa.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones? - Page 4post #47 of 747/23/12 at 11:36amQuote:
This. LOVE Radiohead. Try to go to every concert they do near me. Only have been to onepost #48 of 747/23/12 at 12:35pmpost #49 of 747/23/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yes! Moving Pictures the MFSL gold version if you can find it is just crazy.post #50 of 747/23/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Or perhaps that is why I enjoyed it the most. I have to say just being introduced to SY, they're entire discography is impressive overall.post #51 of 747/23/12 at 4:31pmpost #52 of 747/23/12 at 4:40pmpost #53 of 747/23/12 at 5:02pmQuote:
Steely Dan's Two Against Nature is extremely well regarded for it's sound quality.post #54 of 747/23/12 at 5:45pm
An album like that for me would be Paul Simon's Concert In The Park album from 1991. I've been hearing it all my life, but never on good audio equipment. There's a bit going in that album and I think it was recorded pretty well. Another album would be Joshua Redman's Freedom In The Groove album. Love that album.post #55 of 748/12/12 at 10:47ampost #56 of 748/12/12 at 12:09pm
U2: All that you can't leave behind - very competent album with some real highlights and great span. Shows U2 at their best and with less to prove than other albums.
Massive Attack: Mezzanine / 100th Window / Heligoland - some of the best electronica on the planet. Insane production values. More art than music.
Depeche Mode: Songs of Faith & Devotion / Exciter / Playing the Angel - Just like Massive Attack, occasionaly more art than music and production values are through the roof. There are so many masterpieces in here, songs that may seem plain at first, but then you rediscover them, hear the details, listen to lyrics and just revel in their genius.
Pink Floyd: The Division Bell - The last great big hurrah of one of the greatest bands to ever grace the globe. Less often citet than earlier works but this shows off a more mature Pink Floyd that is technically beyond reproach. One of the best mastered albums ever - absolutely unbelivable production values. Listen to "wearing the inside out" and "high hopes" especially.
Edited by TwoEars - 8/12/12 at 12:37pmpost #57 of 748/12/12 at 12:29pmpost #58 of 748/12/12 at 12:59pm
The Tron Legacy Score - Daft Punk.
That is usually the first one I go for when I try a new pair of headphones. It's a great album to test the bass of headphones. There are also great orchestral parts that tell me how detailed a headphone is.post #59 of 748/12/12 at 8:13pmpost #60 of 748/12/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
Took the words out of my mouth. Moving pictures is a de facto standard and a marvel of sound production. I'll have to get the blu-ray audio they released of it here sometime. Rush's albums are very diverse and it is fun to see how they all play out through new sound equipment.
Also Prodigy's Fat of the Land believe it or not is my 2nd pic. Obviously it's a subwoofer album, but it's a HUGE challenge for headphones to get right so I always go to that and see how can preform.
Edited by RushNerd - 8/12/12 at 8:53pm
- Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Torque's t402v On-ear/Over-ear REVIEW - 4 Hardware based Bass Settings 51 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 55 seconds ago
- › Should I converte my ALAC files? 1 minute ago
- › My Review and unboxing of the JVC HA FX1200 2 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Vali2 or Magni 2 and Modi 2 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...