Absolutely agreed here. That, and Cross by Justice. Basslines you did not hear before are now present and the overall sound of the music really brings any good pair of headphones to life, and vice versa.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones? - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 747/23/12 at 11:36amQuote:
This. LOVE Radiohead. Try to go to every concert they do near me. Only have been to onepost #48 of 747/23/12 at 12:35pmpost #49 of 747/23/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yes! Moving Pictures the MFSL gold version if you can find it is just crazy.post #50 of 747/23/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Or perhaps that is why I enjoyed it the most. I have to say just being introduced to SY, they're entire discography is impressive overall.post #51 of 747/23/12 at 4:31pmpost #52 of 747/23/12 at 4:40pmpost #53 of 747/23/12 at 5:02pmQuote:
Steely Dan's Two Against Nature is extremely well regarded for it's sound quality.post #54 of 747/23/12 at 5:45pm
An album like that for me would be Paul Simon's Concert In The Park album from 1991. I've been hearing it all my life, but never on good audio equipment. There's a bit going in that album and I think it was recorded pretty well. Another album would be Joshua Redman's Freedom In The Groove album. Love that album.post #55 of 748/12/12 at 10:47ampost #56 of 748/12/12 at 12:09pm
U2: All that you can't leave behind - very competent album with some real highlights and great span. Shows U2 at their best and with less to prove than other albums.
Massive Attack: Mezzanine / 100th Window / Heligoland - some of the best electronica on the planet. Insane production values. More art than music.
Depeche Mode: Songs of Faith & Devotion / Exciter / Playing the Angel - Just like Massive Attack, occasionaly more art than music and production values are through the roof. There are so many masterpieces in here, songs that may seem plain at first, but then you rediscover them, hear the details, listen to lyrics and just revel in their genius.
Pink Floyd: The Division Bell - The last great big hurrah of one of the greatest bands to ever grace the globe. Less often citet than earlier works but this shows off a more mature Pink Floyd that is technically beyond reproach. One of the best mastered albums ever - absolutely unbelivable production values. Listen to "wearing the inside out" and "high hopes" especially.
Edited by TwoEars - 8/12/12 at 12:37pmpost #57 of 748/12/12 at 12:29pmpost #58 of 748/12/12 at 12:59pm
The Tron Legacy Score - Daft Punk.
That is usually the first one I go for when I try a new pair of headphones. It's a great album to test the bass of headphones. There are also great orchestral parts that tell me how detailed a headphone is.post #59 of 748/12/12 at 8:13pmpost #60 of 748/12/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
Took the words out of my mouth. Moving pictures is a de facto standard and a marvel of sound production. I'll have to get the blu-ray audio they released of it here sometime. Rush's albums are very diverse and it is fun to see how they all play out through new sound equipment.
Also Prodigy's Fat of the Land believe it or not is my 2nd pic. Obviously it's a subwoofer album, but it's a HUGE challenge for headphones to get right so I always go to that and see how can preform.
Edited by RushNerd - 8/12/12 at 8:53pm
- Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 18 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 58 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 3 minutes ago
- › LCD-3, LCD-XC and amp choices? 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...