Absolutely agreed here. That, and Cross by Justice. Basslines you did not hear before are now present and the overall sound of the music really brings any good pair of headphones to life, and vice versa.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones? - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 747/23/12 at 11:36amQuote:
This. LOVE Radiohead. Try to go to every concert they do near me. Only have been to onepost #48 of 747/23/12 at 12:35pmpost #49 of 747/23/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yes! Moving Pictures the MFSL gold version if you can find it is just crazy.post #50 of 747/23/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Or perhaps that is why I enjoyed it the most. I have to say just being introduced to SY, they're entire discography is impressive overall.post #51 of 747/23/12 at 4:31pmpost #52 of 747/23/12 at 4:40pmpost #53 of 747/23/12 at 5:02pmQuote:
Steely Dan's Two Against Nature is extremely well regarded for it's sound quality.post #54 of 747/23/12 at 5:45pm
An album like that for me would be Paul Simon's Concert In The Park album from 1991. I've been hearing it all my life, but never on good audio equipment. There's a bit going in that album and I think it was recorded pretty well. Another album would be Joshua Redman's Freedom In The Groove album. Love that album.post #55 of 748/12/12 at 10:47ampost #56 of 748/12/12 at 12:09pm
U2: All that you can't leave behind - very competent album with some real highlights and great span. Shows U2 at their best and with less to prove than other albums.
Massive Attack: Mezzanine / 100th Window / Heligoland - some of the best electronica on the planet. Insane production values. More art than music.
Depeche Mode: Songs of Faith & Devotion / Exciter / Playing the Angel - Just like Massive Attack, occasionaly more art than music and production values are through the roof. There are so many masterpieces in here, songs that may seem plain at first, but then you rediscover them, hear the details, listen to lyrics and just revel in their genius.
Pink Floyd: The Division Bell - The last great big hurrah of one of the greatest bands to ever grace the globe. Less often citet than earlier works but this shows off a more mature Pink Floyd that is technically beyond reproach. One of the best mastered albums ever - absolutely unbelivable production values. Listen to "wearing the inside out" and "high hopes" especially.
Edited by TwoEars - 8/12/12 at 12:37pmpost #57 of 748/12/12 at 12:29pmpost #58 of 748/12/12 at 12:59pm
The Tron Legacy Score - Daft Punk.
That is usually the first one I go for when I try a new pair of headphones. It's a great album to test the bass of headphones. There are also great orchestral parts that tell me how detailed a headphone is.post #59 of 748/12/12 at 8:13pmpost #60 of 748/12/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
Took the words out of my mouth. Moving pictures is a de facto standard and a marvel of sound production. I'll have to get the blu-ray audio they released of it here sometime. Rush's albums are very diverse and it is fun to see how they all play out through new sound equipment.
Also Prodigy's Fat of the Land believe it or not is my 2nd pic. Obviously it's a subwoofer album, but it's a HUGE challenge for headphones to get right so I always go to that and see how can preform.
Edited by RushNerd - 8/12/12 at 8:53pm
- Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 21 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 34 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 40 seconds ago
- › Best IEM tips? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 4 minutes ago
- › Need recommendations for new headphones to replace Sony MDR-V6... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 6 minutes ago
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2