Absolutely agreed here. That, and Cross by Justice. Basslines you did not hear before are now present and the overall sound of the music really brings any good pair of headphones to life, and vice versa.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones? - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 747/23/12 at 11:36amQuote:
This. LOVE Radiohead. Try to go to every concert they do near me. Only have been to onepost #48 of 747/23/12 at 12:35pmpost #49 of 747/23/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yes! Moving Pictures the MFSL gold version if you can find it is just crazy.post #50 of 747/23/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Or perhaps that is why I enjoyed it the most. I have to say just being introduced to SY, they're entire discography is impressive overall.post #51 of 747/23/12 at 4:31pmpost #52 of 747/23/12 at 4:40pmpost #53 of 747/23/12 at 5:02pmQuote:
Steely Dan's Two Against Nature is extremely well regarded for it's sound quality.post #54 of 747/23/12 at 5:45pm
An album like that for me would be Paul Simon's Concert In The Park album from 1991. I've been hearing it all my life, but never on good audio equipment. There's a bit going in that album and I think it was recorded pretty well. Another album would be Joshua Redman's Freedom In The Groove album. Love that album.post #55 of 748/12/12 at 10:47ampost #56 of 748/12/12 at 12:09pm
U2: All that you can't leave behind - very competent album with some real highlights and great span. Shows U2 at their best and with less to prove than other albums.
Massive Attack: Mezzanine / 100th Window / Heligoland - some of the best electronica on the planet. Insane production values. More art than music.
Depeche Mode: Songs of Faith & Devotion / Exciter / Playing the Angel - Just like Massive Attack, occasionaly more art than music and production values are through the roof. There are so many masterpieces in here, songs that may seem plain at first, but then you rediscover them, hear the details, listen to lyrics and just revel in their genius.
Pink Floyd: The Division Bell - The last great big hurrah of one of the greatest bands to ever grace the globe. Less often citet than earlier works but this shows off a more mature Pink Floyd that is technically beyond reproach. One of the best mastered albums ever - absolutely unbelivable production values. Listen to "wearing the inside out" and "high hopes" especially.
Edited by TwoEars - 8/12/12 at 12:37pmpost #57 of 748/12/12 at 12:29pmpost #58 of 748/12/12 at 12:59pm
The Tron Legacy Score - Daft Punk.
That is usually the first one I go for when I try a new pair of headphones. It's a great album to test the bass of headphones. There are also great orchestral parts that tell me how detailed a headphone is.post #59 of 748/12/12 at 8:13pmpost #60 of 748/12/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
Took the words out of my mouth. Moving pictures is a de facto standard and a marvel of sound production. I'll have to get the blu-ray audio they released of it here sometime. Rush's albums are very diverse and it is fun to see how they all play out through new sound equipment.
Also Prodigy's Fat of the Land believe it or not is my 2nd pic. Obviously it's a subwoofer album, but it's a HUGE challenge for headphones to get right so I always go to that and see how can preform.
Edited by RushNerd - 8/12/12 at 8:53pm
- Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 5 minutes ago
- › 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune,... 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › What headphones are good for listening/audio production? 8 minutes ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 9 minutes ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 14 minutes ago
- › New member roll call 15 minutes ago
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2