Absolutely agreed here. That, and Cross by Justice. Basslines you did not hear before are now present and the overall sound of the music really brings any good pair of headphones to life, and vice versa.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best loud DJ Headphones for around £220/$350 Last post on 12/16/14 at 1:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- What effect does an audio processor have on headphones? Last post on 12/10/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beyerdynamic 'Custom' Street headphone Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there IEMs that can match full size headphones Last post on 12/14/14 at 10:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Alpine Over-Ear headphones, immensely satisfying for bassheads! Last post on 12/3/14 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones? - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 747/23/12 at 11:36amQuote:
This. LOVE Radiohead. Try to go to every concert they do near me. Only have been to onepost #48 of 747/23/12 at 12:35pmpost #49 of 747/23/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Yes! Moving Pictures the MFSL gold version if you can find it is just crazy.post #50 of 747/23/12 at 4:18pmQuote:
Or perhaps that is why I enjoyed it the most. I have to say just being introduced to SY, they're entire discography is impressive overall.post #51 of 747/23/12 at 4:31pmpost #52 of 747/23/12 at 4:40pmpost #53 of 747/23/12 at 5:02pmQuote:
Steely Dan's Two Against Nature is extremely well regarded for it's sound quality.post #54 of 747/23/12 at 5:45pm
An album like that for me would be Paul Simon's Concert In The Park album from 1991. I've been hearing it all my life, but never on good audio equipment. There's a bit going in that album and I think it was recorded pretty well. Another album would be Joshua Redman's Freedom In The Groove album. Love that album.post #55 of 748/12/12 at 10:47ampost #56 of 748/12/12 at 12:09pm
U2: All that you can't leave behind - very competent album with some real highlights and great span. Shows U2 at their best and with less to prove than other albums.
Massive Attack: Mezzanine / 100th Window / Heligoland - some of the best electronica on the planet. Insane production values. More art than music.
Depeche Mode: Songs of Faith & Devotion / Exciter / Playing the Angel - Just like Massive Attack, occasionaly more art than music and production values are through the roof. There are so many masterpieces in here, songs that may seem plain at first, but then you rediscover them, hear the details, listen to lyrics and just revel in their genius.
Pink Floyd: The Division Bell - The last great big hurrah of one of the greatest bands to ever grace the globe. Less often citet than earlier works but this shows off a more mature Pink Floyd that is technically beyond reproach. One of the best mastered albums ever - absolutely unbelivable production values. Listen to "wearing the inside out" and "high hopes" especially.
Edited by TwoEars - 8/12/12 at 12:37pmpost #57 of 748/12/12 at 12:29pmpost #58 of 748/12/12 at 12:59pm
The Tron Legacy Score - Daft Punk.
That is usually the first one I go for when I try a new pair of headphones. It's a great album to test the bass of headphones. There are also great orchestral parts that tell me how detailed a headphone is.post #59 of 748/12/12 at 8:13pmpost #60 of 748/12/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
Took the words out of my mouth. Moving pictures is a de facto standard and a marvel of sound production. I'll have to get the blu-ray audio they released of it here sometime. Rush's albums are very diverse and it is fun to see how they all play out through new sound equipment.
Also Prodigy's Fat of the Land believe it or not is my 2nd pic. Obviously it's a subwoofer album, but it's a HUGE challenge for headphones to get right so I always go to that and see how can preform.
Edited by RushNerd - 8/12/12 at 8:53pm
- Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 1 minute ago
- › Need closed back fairly portable over ear headphones under 300.... 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Yamamah eph 100 vs shure se 215 vs hifiman re100 vs RHA 750i for... 1 minute ago
- › 320kbps Files into Itunes 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › good bass in classical music 4 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware 3.30--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. Merry Christmas! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)