Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Looking for a FLAC player under £300
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for a FLAC player under £300

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Hi, i'm looking for the best sounding mp3 player that is able to play FLAC music files and is under £300.

I had a Cowon X7 before but I had to return it as it was faulty so I don't want to rebuy one of them


I will need at least 60GB of storage(can be with a SD card), 10 hours battery life and decent interface as well.
The headphones I will be useing with the mp3 player are HD 25-1 ll.
I will be mainly listening to rock music from the 60s and 70s such as The Beatles, The Kinks, David Bowie, Bob Dylan and Jefferson Airplane to name a few.

 

Also if there is a good amp to go with the headphone's and MP3 player, please let me know.


Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.


Edited by garethofthedead - 7/21/12 at 6:46am
post #2 of 10

a simple search will give you all the answers you need.

 

get any mp3 player which can install rockbox.

 

can always check out headfonia

 

Fuze, Clip and Clip+ , HM-601

iPod 1g through 5.5
 

post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix147 View Post

a simple search will give you all the answers you need.

 

get any mp3 player which can install rockbox.

 

can always check out headfonia

 

Fuze, Clip and Clip+ , HM-601

iPod 1g through 5.5
 


Ipod 160 Ipod Classics can now be rockboxed via Emcore.  Need a windows machine to do it though.

post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the ideas but the Fuze, Clip and Clip+, HM-601 all have to small storage for me and the ipod lacks in audio quality.

post #5 of 10

Sounds like you might be better off saving/spending more and going with the ibasso dx100 then.  If you were going to get an amp then it shouldn't be too much of a leap.

post #6 of 10

Rocoo or studio with a micro sdxc card.

 

I know it supports the 64gb card, not sure about 128gb.
 

post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Sounds like you might be better off saving/spending more and going with the ibasso dx100 then.  If you were going to get an amp then it shouldn't be too much of a leap.


As I am from the UK it is going to cost me over £650 to import it sadly

post #8 of 10

ipod touch 4G 64GB with flacplayer app, golden ear app or equalizer PRO app.

 

good UI, and FLAC support by using one of those apps.

post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 

Just been on AMP3 and they are having a sale on Cowon MP3 players, so should I get a Cowon A5, D3, J3, Z2 or something else.

Also if I do get one of them should I pair my HD 25-1 ll up with a amp?

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by garethofthedead View Post

Just been on AMP3 and they are having a sale on Cowon MP3 players, so should I get a Cowon A5, D3, J3, Z2 or something else.

Also if I do get one of them should I pair my HD 25-1 ll up with a amp?

I have J3 and it works pretty well with my HD 25-1 II and J3 has enough power to drive them properly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Looking for a FLAC player under £300