- 40 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Indonesia
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAkg K518Leblu K 518 Le Limited Edition Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Modding My Audio Technica ATH - M50 Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm totally lost.... or maybe too hard to please or maybe a basshead? Sennheiser hd212 ->... Last post on 9/6/12 at 11:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K518 DJ/LE vs Philips O'Neill "Stretch" SHO 9560 Last post on 3/27/13 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
AKG k518 DJ vs LE vs Ath m50post #1 of 97/20/12 at 9:58pmThread StarterHey anybody can give me someadvice, which is better? Akg k518 dj ? Akg k518 le? Or Ath m50? Forthis one i like the bassy headphone. Offcourse overall good too..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/21/12 at 8:34pmThread Starterpost #3 of 97/21/12 at 9:20pmpost #4 of 97/22/12 at 1:26pmQuote:
ath m50s win, Why?
1. They sound better (but you should get a decent amp, at least a fiio e6)
2.They are MUCH more durable, the 518s are a little flimsy
3.They are more comfy
The only con is that they cost twice the amount of the akg 518le
The 518le are still great for the price, but be careful because they are fragile
If you are looking for a portable headphone get the akgs though.Quote:
Actually there are very bassy, and all you need is an equalizer and an amp, in fact you can get a ridiculous amount of bass (more so than beats),post #5 of 97/22/12 at 1:59pm
The M50s do have a good amount of bass. Very punchy and crisp. I haven't heard the K518's so I can't say for certain, but I believe AKG's in general are fairly light in bass, less than the M50s. Still, even the M50s won't satisfy bassheads so you might want to look elsewhere if bass if your thing.post #6 of 97/22/12 at 8:31pmQuote:
With amp and EQ, I hv not tried...just tried stock...i must go check them out again :) Tks for the sharing...post #7 of 97/22/12 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #8 of 98/1/12 at 11:29am
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change). some of the colors are different/updated. but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical. since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone. the DJs are a great deal eight now. the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.post #9 of 98/1/12 at 7:12pmThread StarterQuote:Seriously guys? 39 dollars? In my country, it is almost 100 dollars! Wew this is robbery.. Hey btw i heard the cable of Le and Dj different? DJ hv longer cable. Is it make a difference or no in producing sound?Originally Posted by Wembely
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change). some of the colors are different/updated. but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical. since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone. the DJs are a great deal eight now. the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.
- AKG k518 DJ vs LE vs Ath m50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › AK100 with RWAK100-S mod 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 7 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)