- 40 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Indonesia
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAkg K518Leblu K 518 Le Limited Edition Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Modding My Audio Technica ATH - M50 Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm totally lost.... or maybe too hard to please or maybe a basshead? Sennheiser hd212 ->... Last post on 9/6/12 at 11:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K518 DJ/LE vs Philips O'Neill "Stretch" SHO 9560 Last post on 3/27/13 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a Review of Brainwavz S5 in-ear monitors. http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html I was a little cautious approaching the review of the latest flagship in-ear model from Brainwavz. With a...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
AKG k518 DJ vs LE vs Ath m50post #1 of 97/20/12 at 9:58pmThread StarterHey anybody can give me someadvice, which is better? Akg k518 dj ? Akg k518 le? Or Ath m50? Forthis one i like the bassy headphone. Offcourse overall good too..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/21/12 at 8:34pmThread Starterpost #3 of 97/21/12 at 9:20pmpost #4 of 97/22/12 at 1:26pmQuote:
ath m50s win, Why?
1. They sound better (but you should get a decent amp, at least a fiio e6)
2.They are MUCH more durable, the 518s are a little flimsy
3.They are more comfy
The only con is that they cost twice the amount of the akg 518le
The 518le are still great for the price, but be careful because they are fragile
If you are looking for a portable headphone get the akgs though.Quote:
Actually there are very bassy, and all you need is an equalizer and an amp, in fact you can get a ridiculous amount of bass (more so than beats),post #5 of 97/22/12 at 1:59pm
The M50s do have a good amount of bass. Very punchy and crisp. I haven't heard the K518's so I can't say for certain, but I believe AKG's in general are fairly light in bass, less than the M50s. Still, even the M50s won't satisfy bassheads so you might want to look elsewhere if bass if your thing.post #6 of 97/22/12 at 8:31pmQuote:
With amp and EQ, I hv not tried...just tried stock...i must go check them out again :) Tks for the sharing...post #7 of 97/22/12 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #8 of 98/1/12 at 11:29am
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change). some of the colors are different/updated. but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical. since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone. the DJs are a great deal eight now. the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.post #9 of 98/1/12 at 7:12pmThread StarterQuote:Seriously guys? 39 dollars? In my country, it is almost 100 dollars! Wew this is robbery.. Hey btw i heard the cable of Le and Dj different? DJ hv longer cable. Is it make a difference or no in producing sound?Originally Posted by Wembely
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change). some of the colors are different/updated. but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical. since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone. the DJs are a great deal eight now. the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.
- AKG k518 DJ vs LE vs Ath m50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrading Alessandro MS-1 3 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 7 minutes ago
- › sennheiser Amperior left driver 9 minutes ago
- › JH13 FreqPhase like new condition, 6 month old. 9 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 10 minutes ago
- › How can I use a headphone amp when my system is across the room... 11 minutes ago
- › How much impedance can a portable device handle? 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by twister6
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)