- 40 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Indonesia
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAkg K518Leblu K 518 Le Limited Edition Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Modding My Audio Technica ATH - M50 Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm totally lost.... or maybe too hard to please or maybe a basshead? Sennheiser hd212 ->... Last post on 9/6/12 at 11:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K518 DJ/LE vs Philips O'Neill "Stretch" SHO 9560 Last post on 3/27/13 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
AKG k518 DJ vs LE vs Ath m50post #1 of 97/20/12 at 9:58pmThread StarterHey anybody can give me someadvice, which is better? Akg k518 dj ? Akg k518 le? Or Ath m50? Forthis one i like the bassy headphone. Offcourse overall good too..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/21/12 at 8:34pmThread Starterpost #3 of 97/21/12 at 9:20pmpost #4 of 97/22/12 at 1:26pmQuote:
ath m50s win, Why?
1. They sound better (but you should get a decent amp, at least a fiio e6)
2.They are MUCH more durable, the 518s are a little flimsy
3.They are more comfy
The only con is that they cost twice the amount of the akg 518le
The 518le are still great for the price, but be careful because they are fragile
If you are looking for a portable headphone get the akgs though.Quote:
Actually there are very bassy, and all you need is an equalizer and an amp, in fact you can get a ridiculous amount of bass (more so than beats),post #5 of 97/22/12 at 1:59pm
The M50s do have a good amount of bass. Very punchy and crisp. I haven't heard the K518's so I can't say for certain, but I believe AKG's in general are fairly light in bass, less than the M50s. Still, even the M50s won't satisfy bassheads so you might want to look elsewhere if bass if your thing.post #6 of 97/22/12 at 8:31pmQuote:
With amp and EQ, I hv not tried...just tried stock...i must go check them out again :) Tks for the sharing...post #7 of 97/22/12 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #8 of 98/1/12 at 11:29am
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change). some of the colors are different/updated. but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical. since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone. the DJs are a great deal eight now. the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.post #9 of 98/1/12 at 7:12pmThread StarterQuote:Seriously guys? 39 dollars? In my country, it is almost 100 dollars! Wew this is robbery.. Hey btw i heard the cable of Le and Dj different? DJ hv longer cable. Is it make a difference or no in producing sound?Originally Posted by Wembely
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change). some of the colors are different/updated. but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical. since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone. the DJs are a great deal eight now. the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.
- AKG k518 DJ vs LE vs Ath m50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 13 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › S/PDIF Advanced Properties Win 7 destroyed my Philips Home... 46 seconds ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 2 minutes ago
- › HD 598 Replacement 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)