- 40 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Indonesia
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAkg K518Leblu K 518 Le Limited Edition Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Modding My Audio Technica ATH - M50 Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm totally lost.... or maybe too hard to please or maybe a basshead? Sennheiser hd212 ->... Last post on 9/6/12 at 11:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K518 DJ/LE vs Philips O'Neill "Stretch" SHO 9560 Last post on 3/27/13 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
AKG k518 DJ vs LE vs Ath m50post #1 of 97/20/12 at 9:58pmThread StarterHey anybody can give me someadvice, which is better? Akg k518 dj ? Akg k518 le? Or Ath m50? Forthis one i like the bassy headphone. Offcourse overall good too..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/21/12 at 8:34pmThread Starterpost #3 of 97/21/12 at 9:20pmpost #4 of 97/22/12 at 1:26pmQuote:
ath m50s win, Why?
1. They sound better (but you should get a decent amp, at least a fiio e6)
2.They are MUCH more durable, the 518s are a little flimsy
3.They are more comfy
The only con is that they cost twice the amount of the akg 518le
The 518le are still great for the price, but be careful because they are fragile
If you are looking for a portable headphone get the akgs though.Quote:
Actually there are very bassy, and all you need is an equalizer and an amp, in fact you can get a ridiculous amount of bass (more so than beats),post #5 of 97/22/12 at 1:59pm
The M50s do have a good amount of bass. Very punchy and crisp. I haven't heard the K518's so I can't say for certain, but I believe AKG's in general are fairly light in bass, less than the M50s. Still, even the M50s won't satisfy bassheads so you might want to look elsewhere if bass if your thing.post #6 of 97/22/12 at 8:31pmQuote:
With amp and EQ, I hv not tried...just tried stock...i must go check them out again :) Tks for the sharing...post #7 of 97/22/12 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #8 of 98/1/12 at 11:29am
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change). some of the colors are different/updated. but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical. since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone. the DJs are a great deal eight now. the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.post #9 of 98/1/12 at 7:12pmThread StarterQuote:Seriously guys? 39 dollars? In my country, it is almost 100 dollars! Wew this is robbery.. Hey btw i heard the cable of Le and Dj different? DJ hv longer cable. Is it make a difference or no in producing sound?Originally Posted by Wembely
the DJ is the model previous to the LE (just a model / branding change). some of the colors are different/updated. but I have heard they are actually the same and sound identical. since the DJs are new old stock they cost a lot less for the same phone. the DJs are a great deal eight now. the red ones can be had for 39 dollars on Amazon.
- AKG k518 DJ vs LE vs Ath m50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 47 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? 7 minutes ago
- › HD700 or D7000 please. Will consider other headphones 7 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3