I'm leaning more towards ATH-M50 but most of my friends recommend Sennheiser. CAn someone tell me the pros and cons of both headphones and if I choose to buy either one of them what will i miss that i can get from the other one? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- A True Test by Musician... ATH-M50 vs SR60i vs HD280 vs MDR-V6 vs SRH440, vs ??? Last post on 10/5/13 at 2:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-580 vs Sennheiser HD280 vs ATH-M50 Last post on 8/17/11 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50 bass problem? Last post on 5/26/11 at 7:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Sennheiser HD280 Pro or Audio Technica ATH-M50?post #1 of 107/19/12 at 10:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 107/19/12 at 10:27pmI just got the m50's and I have had the Hd 280 pros for about two years. For me the m50's sound much better. On the other hand I will sell you my very good condition hd 280's for $55 if you would like to try them.post #3 of 107/19/12 at 10:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 107/19/12 at 11:37pm
I've owned both. I'd say out of the two the ATH-M50 destroys it in terms of comfort and sound quality. Do not get the HD-280. They clamp so hard on your head as if Sennheiser wants you to die from them. For the price the ATH-M50 is very good. Unfortunately right now I am not happy with them. After listening to other better cans, I just cant handle the sound coming out of the ATH-M50's.post #5 of 107/21/12 at 12:27amThread Starterok i got BOTH headphones today cus the senns are $55 XD and the ATH-M50 i got for $107 and i must say, ATH-M50 IS THE BEST HEADPHONE I'VE EVER LISTENED TO!!!!! its loud, clear, cord isnt as long as the HD280's, does not smell like rubber like HD280, most of my favorite songs sounds better on it, and its made from my homeland! Senn's are GOOD, ATH-M50's are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!post #6 of 1011/22/12 at 10:39am
I was planning to get the ATH-50 for both music and gaming but some members stated that the ATH-50 doesn't have a good sound stage so it wouldn't translate well for gaming my question is. How is the 280 Pro sound stage in comparisons to the sound stage of the ATH-50?post #7 of 1011/22/12 at 11:27ampost #8 of 104/21/13 at 1:03pm
I have owned the HD280's for a while and recently purchased a pair of ATH-M50's. It isn't even close. The bass on the M50's is awful... that is to say it is boosted and sloppy compared to the Sennheiser's. People will like it if they like that sort of thing but they were useless to me for mixing music. Maybe I just got a bad pair but my studio monitors and the Sennheisers showed a very clean and controlled bass for the material I was listening to. The M50's did not. It was about as night and day a comparison as one could imagine when listening side by side. I was very disappointed since I was primed to really like the M50's and had gotten them at a good price.
I have them sitting in a box waiting for the UPS man to pick them up today and ran across this thread as I was looking for a replacement for them.post #9 of 105/18/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
Can anybody else confirm that opinion about the ATH-M50s? I just read so many glowing reviews and recommendations for them, such as the "best headphones under $500" list by one website, etc. Previously I had decided to go with the Sony MDR-V6 (only $59 on Amazon ATM). But, it seemed that the general consensus was the M50's are better...
I have a pair of the classic AKG 340's, but I want something a little lighter and cheaper, but good sounding, for PC/Gaming use.
One guy was saying that he evaluated Sony MDR-7506 headphones (a slightly different version of the MDR-V6) and they were some of the most natural, flat, uncolored, and realistic sounding headphones he'd ever heard. Perhaps there is variation in quality control? Seems like if there was a pair of headphones that really sounded like "the real thing" there wouldn't be so much discrepancy between different people's reviews...post #10 of 105/18/13 at 12:47pm
- Sennheiser HD280 Pro or Audio Technica ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 4 seconds ago
- › headphones in dorm 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › What is beyerdynamics flagship in the DTXXX line? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)