I have been looking for the right headphone for quite some time and I'm abusing the leniency of Best Buys return policy. I am looking for an over ear headphone. I would like Noise Canceling (but I would like them to work without a battery if it runs out or its not on), a single removable 3.5 cord coming from only one side of the headphones, heavy on the bass (a lot of music going through the headphones will be rap), over-ear pads, and must sound good without an amp (they will be run through a phone or laptop). Under $400. Minus the negative connotation with Beats, I like the amount of bass on the Pro's. Help, I need advice, I don't where else to go.
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 7/20/12
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productSennheiser PXC 450 Active Noise-Canceling Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Noise Reduction Headphones Last post on 8/6/12 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noise Cancelling Headphone Dilema Last post on 8/17/12 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Traveling Headphones.-Update- Would like some NC headphones instead Last post on 6/29/13 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BOSE QC15 VS ANYTHING ELSE? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some extra advice/suggestions (Looking at Grado SR80i & more) Last post on 12/27/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
I am on my last straw...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/19/12 at 9:42pmpost #3 of 157/19/12 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 157/19/12 at 10:31pmpost #5 of 157/19/12 at 10:41pmQuote:
I second this thought. The multi-IEM threads should make it somewhat easier to sort out the brands per price and type.post #6 of 157/20/12 at 6:42amThread Starterpost #7 of 157/20/12 at 6:50am
i dont think what you are looking for exists, i think the only noise cancelling headphone that can play without batteries is sennheiser pxc450 which will be within your budget but lacks bass quantity, i owned it so i know. and i had an ipod nano 6g and it doesnt have enough power to drive it. your phone and laptop will probably do fine and it does have a single sided detachable 3.5mm cable. i personally would suggest you to get a regular closed back headphone that isolates noise well. also pxc450's noise cancellation is not too good, bose qc15 has much better noise cancellation, you can demo it in best buy. good luckpost #8 of 157/20/12 at 7:35am
Not many choices in noise canceling headphones, that alone limits your options quite a bit. If you are willing to go with a good noise isolating headphones you have a lot more to choose from.
Mind telling us why you want noise canceling specifically, as I can tell you a good pair of closed headphones can isolate a significant amount of noise. I can tell you from experience that a good set of closed headphones or IEM's will isolate well enough that I can't hear people chatting up a storm right next to me on a flight or a long car ride when I play my music at a low volume and can't barely hear them with the music off.post #9 of 157/20/12 at 9:06amThread Starterpost #10 of 157/20/12 at 11:34ampost #11 of 157/20/12 at 12:23pmpost #12 of 157/20/12 at 5:38pmpost #13 of 157/20/12 at 6:47pmpost #14 of 157/20/12 at 7:11pm
- I am on my last straw...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple) 18 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 54 seconds ago
- › Your Album of the Month 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › help - Bass-Heavy ear buds & headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Binaural Sound Demonstration 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 3 minutes ago
- › I need help buying my first record player 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)