I have been looking for the right headphone for quite some time and I'm abusing the leniency of Best Buys return policy. I am looking for an over ear headphone. I would like Noise Canceling (but I would like them to work without a battery if it runs out or its not on), a single removable 3.5 cord coming from only one side of the headphones, heavy on the bass (a lot of music going through the headphones will be rap), over-ear pads, and must sound good without an amp (they will be run through a phone or laptop). Under $400. Minus the negative connotation with Beats, I like the amount of bass on the Pro's. Help, I need advice, I don't where else to go.
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 7/20/12
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productSennheiser PXC 450 Active Noise-Canceling Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Noise Reduction Headphones Last post on 8/6/12 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noise Cancelling Headphone Dilema Last post on 8/17/12 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Traveling Headphones.-Update- Would like some NC headphones instead Last post on 6/29/13 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BOSE QC15 VS ANYTHING ELSE? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some extra advice/suggestions (Looking at Grado SR80i & more) Last post on 12/27/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
I am on my last straw...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 167/19/12 at 9:42pmpost #3 of 167/19/12 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 167/19/12 at 10:31pmpost #5 of 167/19/12 at 10:41pmQuote:
I second this thought. The multi-IEM threads should make it somewhat easier to sort out the brands per price and type.post #6 of 167/20/12 at 6:42amThread Starterpost #7 of 167/20/12 at 6:50am
i dont think what you are looking for exists, i think the only noise cancelling headphone that can play without batteries is sennheiser pxc450 which will be within your budget but lacks bass quantity, i owned it so i know. and i had an ipod nano 6g and it doesnt have enough power to drive it. your phone and laptop will probably do fine and it does have a single sided detachable 3.5mm cable. i personally would suggest you to get a regular closed back headphone that isolates noise well. also pxc450's noise cancellation is not too good, bose qc15 has much better noise cancellation, you can demo it in best buy. good luckpost #8 of 167/20/12 at 7:35am
Not many choices in noise canceling headphones, that alone limits your options quite a bit. If you are willing to go with a good noise isolating headphones you have a lot more to choose from.
Mind telling us why you want noise canceling specifically, as I can tell you a good pair of closed headphones can isolate a significant amount of noise. I can tell you from experience that a good set of closed headphones or IEM's will isolate well enough that I can't hear people chatting up a storm right next to me on a flight or a long car ride when I play my music at a low volume and can't barely hear them with the music off.post #9 of 167/20/12 at 9:06amThread Starterpost #10 of 167/20/12 at 11:34ampost #11 of 167/20/12 at 12:23pmpost #12 of 167/20/12 at 5:38pmpost #13 of 167/20/12 at 6:47pmpost #14 of 167/20/12 at 7:11pm
- I am on my last straw...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 seconds ago
- › Looking for external solution for listening to PC and PS4 at same... 56 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 1 minute ago
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 2 minutes ago
- › LAST CHANCE! fS: KOSS ESP950 Electrostatic Headphone w/ E90... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...