I have been looking for the right headphone for quite some time and I'm abusing the leniency of Best Buys return policy. I am looking for an over ear headphone. I would like Noise Canceling (but I would like them to work without a battery if it runs out or its not on), a single removable 3.5 cord coming from only one side of the headphones, heavy on the bass (a lot of music going through the headphones will be rap), over-ear pads, and must sound good without an amp (they will be run through a phone or laptop). Under $400. Minus the negative connotation with Beats, I like the amount of bass on the Pro's. Help, I need advice, I don't where else to go.
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 7/20/12
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productSennheiser PXC 450 Active Noise-Canceling Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Noise Reduction Headphones Last post on 8/6/12 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noise Cancelling Headphone Dilema Last post on 8/17/12 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Traveling Headphones.-Update- Would like some NC headphones instead Last post on 6/29/13 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
I am on my last straw...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/19/12 at 9:42pmpost #3 of 157/19/12 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 157/19/12 at 10:31pmpost #5 of 157/19/12 at 10:41pmQuote:
I second this thought. The multi-IEM threads should make it somewhat easier to sort out the brands per price and type.post #6 of 157/20/12 at 6:42amThread Starterpost #7 of 157/20/12 at 6:50am
i dont think what you are looking for exists, i think the only noise cancelling headphone that can play without batteries is sennheiser pxc450 which will be within your budget but lacks bass quantity, i owned it so i know. and i had an ipod nano 6g and it doesnt have enough power to drive it. your phone and laptop will probably do fine and it does have a single sided detachable 3.5mm cable. i personally would suggest you to get a regular closed back headphone that isolates noise well. also pxc450's noise cancellation is not too good, bose qc15 has much better noise cancellation, you can demo it in best buy. good luckpost #8 of 157/20/12 at 7:35am
Not many choices in noise canceling headphones, that alone limits your options quite a bit. If you are willing to go with a good noise isolating headphones you have a lot more to choose from.
Mind telling us why you want noise canceling specifically, as I can tell you a good pair of closed headphones can isolate a significant amount of noise. I can tell you from experience that a good set of closed headphones or IEM's will isolate well enough that I can't hear people chatting up a storm right next to me on a flight or a long car ride when I play my music at a low volume and can't barely hear them with the music off.post #9 of 157/20/12 at 9:06amThread Starterpost #10 of 157/20/12 at 11:34ampost #11 of 157/20/12 at 12:23pmpost #12 of 157/20/12 at 5:38pmpost #13 of 157/20/12 at 6:47pmpost #14 of 157/20/12 at 7:11pm
- I am on my last straw...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 39 seconds ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noontec Zoro HD review 5 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe