- 7,320 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade for me? Coming from K701 and D5000 Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the HD 650 for me? Last post on 7/24/12 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! Last post on 7/31/16 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
HD 650 vs shure SRH1440 - Page 2post #16 of 348/16/12 at 9:24pmI have seen that mod but like the 1440 unmodded so haven't tried it. But may do it some day.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 348/16/12 at 9:28pmThread StarterQuote:
I have one additional question, does the srh1440 seem less airy or less open than other headphones such as the hd600? Is it a fairly big problem?post #18 of 348/16/12 at 11:10pmpost #19 of 348/16/12 at 11:15pmpost #20 of 348/17/12 at 8:34amI would say neither one is balanced since the HD600 is a bit veiled in the mids while the 1440 is forward in the mids. But given the OP's music criteria I think the forward mids of the 1440 along with better drum kit reproduction in my opinion will suite him better.
In any case either one will likely give the OP tons of musical blisspost #21 of 348/17/12 at 8:41am
I'd probably get the HD600. Its midrange was not veiled at all when listening to it. I have not listened to the 1440, but its total harmonic distortion is above 1% from about 1500hz and under. That's not high fidelity at all.post #22 of 348/17/12 at 9:11amI guess we all don't hear the same to me the HD600 had a slight veil in the mids.
As for using graphs vs actual experience. On paper bumblebee's shouldn't be able to fly but in the real world they do just fine...
But I repeat, either headphone will give the OP plenty musical enjoyment.post #23 of 348/17/12 at 10:21ampost #24 of 348/17/12 at 10:53amFrom a brief listen to the 880 I would say brightest treble would be 880 then 1440 then HD600. I can't remember the 880 well enough to comment on their bass but between the HD600 and 1440 I would have to give the nod to the HD600 for quantity and a tie for quality. In my case my music is not focused on bass to much so works great with the 1440 but if you want more bass or a laid back sound the HD600 is a better option.post #25 of 348/17/12 at 1:14pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dweaver
From a brief listen to the 880 I would say brightest treble would be 880 then 1440 then HD600. I can't remember the 880 well enough to comment on their bass but between the HD600 and 1440 I would have to give the nod to the HD600 for quantity and a tie for quality. In my case my music is not focused on bass to much so works great with the 1440 but if you want more bass or a laid back sound the HD600 is a better option.
Why do you consider the hd600 laid back? Is it cause the treble is not as bright? Honestly, I very much enjoy forward mids and vocals but I prefer a smoother treble over a bright/piercing one...post #26 of 348/17/12 at 2:05pmpost #27 of 348/17/12 at 2:09pmThe 1440 is brighter but not piercing for my usage. I think the difference between laid back and more energetic is one addressed by volume levels. I listen at low to medium volumes and find the 1440 is energetic at this volumes while the HD600 is more laid back. But at mid to high volume levels the 1440 becomes to aggressive while the HD600 hits it's best dynamic range.post #28 of 348/17/12 at 2:18pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dweaver
The 1440 is brighter but not piercing for my usage. I think the difference between laid back and more energetic is one addressed by volume levels. I listen at low to medium volumes and find the 1440 is energetic at this volumes while the HD600 is more laid back. But at mid to high volume levels the 1440 becomes to aggressive while the HD600 hits it's best dynamic range.
I listen to music at mid to high volumes (not dangerously high). Coming from the m50, will the HD600 give me that WOW feeling? btw what does it mean when a headphone is dynamic?post #29 of 348/17/12 at 2:19pmLOL TMRaven we are agreeing on something and it brings up a very important point that the OP needs to think about. Volume levels are an important consideration to keep in mind. 1440 are good at lower volumes and HD600 are better at higher volumes.
- HD 650 vs shure SRH1440
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V280 - slim and powerful balanced HPA 2 minutes ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend me a USB DAC/AMP - ~$100 - Classic 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first... 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 9 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...