- 7,249 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade for me? Coming from K701 and D5000 Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the HD 650 for me? Last post on 7/24/12 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! Last post on 6/28/16 at 9:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
HD 650 vs shure SRH1440 - Page 2post #16 of 348/16/12 at 9:24pmI have seen that mod but like the 1440 unmodded so haven't tried it. But may do it some day.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 348/16/12 at 9:28pmThread StarterQuote:
I have one additional question, does the srh1440 seem less airy or less open than other headphones such as the hd600? Is it a fairly big problem?post #18 of 348/16/12 at 11:10pmpost #19 of 348/16/12 at 11:15pmpost #20 of 348/17/12 at 8:34amI would say neither one is balanced since the HD600 is a bit veiled in the mids while the 1440 is forward in the mids. But given the OP's music criteria I think the forward mids of the 1440 along with better drum kit reproduction in my opinion will suite him better.
In any case either one will likely give the OP tons of musical blisspost #21 of 348/17/12 at 8:41am
I'd probably get the HD600. Its midrange was not veiled at all when listening to it. I have not listened to the 1440, but its total harmonic distortion is above 1% from about 1500hz and under. That's not high fidelity at all.post #22 of 348/17/12 at 9:11amI guess we all don't hear the same to me the HD600 had a slight veil in the mids.
As for using graphs vs actual experience. On paper bumblebee's shouldn't be able to fly but in the real world they do just fine...
But I repeat, either headphone will give the OP plenty musical enjoyment.post #23 of 348/17/12 at 10:21ampost #24 of 348/17/12 at 10:53amFrom a brief listen to the 880 I would say brightest treble would be 880 then 1440 then HD600. I can't remember the 880 well enough to comment on their bass but between the HD600 and 1440 I would have to give the nod to the HD600 for quantity and a tie for quality. In my case my music is not focused on bass to much so works great with the 1440 but if you want more bass or a laid back sound the HD600 is a better option.post #25 of 348/17/12 at 1:14pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dweaver
From a brief listen to the 880 I would say brightest treble would be 880 then 1440 then HD600. I can't remember the 880 well enough to comment on their bass but between the HD600 and 1440 I would have to give the nod to the HD600 for quantity and a tie for quality. In my case my music is not focused on bass to much so works great with the 1440 but if you want more bass or a laid back sound the HD600 is a better option.
Why do you consider the hd600 laid back? Is it cause the treble is not as bright? Honestly, I very much enjoy forward mids and vocals but I prefer a smoother treble over a bright/piercing one...post #26 of 348/17/12 at 2:05pmpost #27 of 348/17/12 at 2:09pmThe 1440 is brighter but not piercing for my usage. I think the difference between laid back and more energetic is one addressed by volume levels. I listen at low to medium volumes and find the 1440 is energetic at this volumes while the HD600 is more laid back. But at mid to high volume levels the 1440 becomes to aggressive while the HD600 hits it's best dynamic range.post #28 of 348/17/12 at 2:18pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dweaver
The 1440 is brighter but not piercing for my usage. I think the difference between laid back and more energetic is one addressed by volume levels. I listen at low to medium volumes and find the 1440 is energetic at this volumes while the HD600 is more laid back. But at mid to high volume levels the 1440 becomes to aggressive while the HD600 hits it's best dynamic range.
I listen to music at mid to high volumes (not dangerously high). Coming from the m50, will the HD600 give me that WOW feeling? btw what does it mean when a headphone is dynamic?post #29 of 348/17/12 at 2:19pmLOL TMRaven we are agreeing on something and it brings up a very important point that the OP needs to think about. Volume levels are an important consideration to keep in mind. 1440 are good at lower volumes and HD600 are better at higher volumes.
- HD 650 vs shure SRH1440
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 30 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 2 minutes ago
- › Contact Enhancements in portable and desktop hi fi 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 8 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 11 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...