Staticfi.....what amp are you using?
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/20/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 7/20/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- How do nice quality headphones sound, do they really make the music sound better? Last post on 1/13/13 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for hearing impaired..read on please Last post on 10/2/12 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones - tried a few models but still concerned Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 150~ Headphones, well balanced, slight emphasis on bass Last post on 9/11/12 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
Powering SONY MDR V-6 ...Fiio E17 not cutting it! - Page 2post #16 of 197/23/12 at 10:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1911/22/12 at 8:35pm
Guys guys, this isnt a problem of what amp he is using. This is a problem that he is using youtube
Youtube is TERRIBLY compressed.
Please audition the headphones using a 320kbps Mp3. If you don't have any mp3's then try using a free steaming service like Songza. You should notice a immediate difference.post #18 of 196/11/13 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ken176
I originally auditioned the SONY MDR V-6s at Guitar Center plugged into their rack setup.... I was very impressed! The Sony's were flat for the most part, which I liked. What impressed me the most was how powerfull they sounded, along with their controlled bass. I have a newer laptop with a Realtek HD soundcard, Fiio E17 DAC along running my V-6s...but I find myself wanting so much MORE! The E17 is nothing compared to my original listening experience at guitar center. If I'm not mistaken..the E17 is putting out about .25 watts to my 63ohm V6's capable of 1 watt. Any amp suggestions on how I can get the power full, authoritative, controlled sound I am after? Open to ALL suggestion! Thank you in advance.
7506 Professional owner here. The pro version of the V6.
I went to my visit my aunt's house (I think it was a year ago or two). She had one of those 1980s or 1990s-looking Sony racks... I think it was a separated pre amplifier and a power amplifier (not sure if they're high-end sony's though). I wanted to fiddle with her rack because I wanted to hear how they sounded like connected there with the 1/4 inch connectors. I connected my 7506 to the phone out located in front of the power amplifier, then made sure all the artificial effects are off and treble/based set at zero (she had them all dialed to the max).
I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this conclusion... but this thing sounds like another headphone with (almost) no vices when paired/connected to Sony racks. I also use 7506s on portables (but not much after the following revelation(s))... and I think the vices on these headphones only show up on portable sources and laptop/desktop PCs.
Here's the impressions that I consider "improvements" I noticed after testing with her Sony racks... (in no following order)
- The "low end" got "tighter", "thicker" (more like "full-bodied" but not that thick) and even extended "deeper" to boot!
- The "highs" felt that they were tamed.
- The body of the music (I played all genres... high quality stuff, ranging from Bread Greatest Hits, DCC-issued Metallicas, Andy Gibb Greatest Hits, and some R&B, old school hip hop and some selected Southern hip-hop/rap/crunk)... felt "smooth" overall ! I think this 7506 still got some minuscule "rough edges" somrwhere... but Like I said it was "smooth" overall. Most of what's considered vices with 7506 sound has been greatly minimized, or even diminished.
- For once I was able to "distinct" the notes and pinpoint where they came from.
- So in short...
Low = "tighter"/"thicker"/"deeper".
Mid = "there's actually mids!", not that prominent... but more like present.
High = "tamed", "smoothed" but there's still some small "sharp edges" present.
Because of this I retired my 7506 for portable duties and is hidden in my closet for now. For recreational purposes I think the 7506s strong points doesn't do it justice when not plugged in to racks like I described above.post #19 of 196/11/13 at 12:08pm
- Powering SONY MDR V-6 ...Fiio E17 not cutting it!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Looking for COMFY HEADPHONES for PC use. 6 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 54 seconds ago
- › It's Done! Power Cord Shoot-Out-- 22 Power Cords Reviewed! 1 minute ago
- › New iRiver AK70 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...