- 3,565 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: United States of Barbarians, Pre-Civilization Earth
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on 7/24/16 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 4
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
201 Total Votespost #46 of 877/19/12 at 7:09pm.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 877/19/12 at 7:31pmQuote:
Pfft they may as well be, they hardly leak any sound compared to a semi-closed can like the DT880 and there is little soundstage to speak of.post #48 of 877/19/12 at 9:22pm
I wonder the effect a fully closed cup will bring on the similar free edge cellulose diaphragm driver still made by Foster Electric Company Ltd (I'm deducing it is, because it's their patented way of making drivers).
Isolation will be better for sure... even more bass??
TH900 is still the king of the hill for me! and I voted AH-D7000, I find it classier, although I really dig the urban and abstract morphology of the D7100...
Not sure what to think about its thickness though:
Not shoulder-wide, phew
Hey! look at what I've just found on Fujiya Avic's Facebook:
DENON GLOBE CRUISER AH-NCW500 SR (for sale there: http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail13305.html)
It addresses the thickness issue quite well actually, lol
Cups pivot 90 degree to wear around your neck
I never saw that precise supra-aural model coming (on Head-Fi at least)
Edited by devouringone3 - 7/19/12 at 9:37pmpost #49 of 877/19/12 at 9:37pmpost #50 of 877/19/12 at 9:45pmpost #51 of 877/19/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Add me too!
Edited by Silent One - 7/19/12 at 10:02pmpost #52 of 877/19/12 at 10:00pmpost #53 of 877/19/12 at 10:01pmpost #54 of 877/19/12 at 10:04pmQuote:
+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.post #55 of 877/19/12 at 10:09pmpost #56 of 877/20/12 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by goropeza
+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.
This picture you're quoting is about the choice of colors... do you like silver and brown, with no black?
Is it really plastic? or a magnesium or aluminum alloy?Quote:
I don't think because people would confuse it with the AH-D600
I hope these cups will pivot both horizontally and vertically, like a Fostex T50RP.
Edited by devouringone3 - 7/20/12 at 10:51ampost #57 of 877/20/12 at 12:07pm
"Both of the new Music Maniac over-ear headphones use glass fiber reinforced composite material for much of its chassis. This material was chosen for its very light weight and for being very inert. Rapping on the chassis of either of these headphones reveals a very solid feeling frame. Not surprisingly, the AH-D7100 Artisan's materials and finish seemed to be of a higher grade; and the Artisan's ear cups are carved from solid mahogany, and serves as a component of what will be a sonic character unique to the Artisan."post #58 of 877/20/12 at 12:49pmpost #59 of 877/20/12 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
Did you mean asymmetrical? The old cans were classy but a bit anachronistic in 2011. The problem with the new ones is that they look cheap. The lines are just fine, but plastic-faux-metal combined with plastic-faux-wood just looks bad. I still voted for the 7100s because of the lines. They needed to choose better materials, though. IMHO.
In Jude's post it said they were made out of mahogany.post #60 of 877/20/12 at 5:59pm
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 16 seconds ago
- › Headphones with a grainy sound and character? 26 seconds ago
- › Fidue Headphones clearance sale 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynaics T1 2nd Gen 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...