- 3,564 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: United States of Barbarians, Pre-Civilization Earth
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 4
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
199 Total Votespost #46 of 877/19/12 at 7:09pm.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 877/19/12 at 7:31pmQuote:
Pfft they may as well be, they hardly leak any sound compared to a semi-closed can like the DT880 and there is little soundstage to speak of.post #48 of 877/19/12 at 9:22pm
I wonder the effect a fully closed cup will bring on the similar free edge cellulose diaphragm driver still made by Foster Electric Company Ltd (I'm deducing it is, because it's their patented way of making drivers).
Isolation will be better for sure... even more bass??
TH900 is still the king of the hill for me! and I voted AH-D7000, I find it classier, although I really dig the urban and abstract morphology of the D7100...
Not sure what to think about its thickness though:
Not shoulder-wide, phew
Hey! look at what I've just found on Fujiya Avic's Facebook:
DENON GLOBE CRUISER AH-NCW500 SR (for sale there: http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail13305.html)
It addresses the thickness issue quite well actually, lol
Cups pivot 90 degree to wear around your neck
I never saw that precise supra-aural model coming (on Head-Fi at least)
Edited by devouringone3 - 7/19/12 at 9:37pmpost #49 of 877/19/12 at 9:37pmpost #50 of 877/19/12 at 9:45pmpost #51 of 877/19/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Add me too!
Edited by Silent One - 7/19/12 at 10:02pmpost #52 of 877/19/12 at 10:00pmpost #53 of 877/19/12 at 10:01pmpost #54 of 877/19/12 at 10:04pmQuote:
+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.post #55 of 877/19/12 at 10:09pmpost #56 of 877/20/12 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by goropeza
+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.
This picture you're quoting is about the choice of colors... do you like silver and brown, with no black?
Is it really plastic? or a magnesium or aluminum alloy?Quote:
I don't think because people would confuse it with the AH-D600
I hope these cups will pivot both horizontally and vertically, like a Fostex T50RP.
Edited by devouringone3 - 7/20/12 at 10:51ampost #57 of 877/20/12 at 12:07pm
"Both of the new Music Maniac over-ear headphones use glass fiber reinforced composite material for much of its chassis. This material was chosen for its very light weight and for being very inert. Rapping on the chassis of either of these headphones reveals a very solid feeling frame. Not surprisingly, the AH-D7100 Artisan's materials and finish seemed to be of a higher grade; and the Artisan's ear cups are carved from solid mahogany, and serves as a component of what will be a sonic character unique to the Artisan."post #58 of 877/20/12 at 12:49pmpost #59 of 877/20/12 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
Did you mean asymmetrical? The old cans were classy but a bit anachronistic in 2011. The problem with the new ones is that they look cheap. The lines are just fine, but plastic-faux-metal combined with plastic-faux-wood just looks bad. I still voted for the 7100s because of the lines. They needed to choose better materials, though. IMHO.
In Jude's post it said they were made out of mahogany.post #60 of 877/20/12 at 5:59pm
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PNY 512GB SD card, Sandisk 200GB microSD card are now on sale! 20 seconds ago
- › FS: LH GeekOut 450 (silver) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for headphones 300-450$ 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum M2 vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2