- 3,528 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: United States of Barbarians, Pre-Civilization Earth
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7000 , Fostex TH900, Senn HD800, or Audeze LCD 2 or 3 for gaming? Last post on 4/10/13 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans heavy in the bass Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 4
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
198 Total Votespost #46 of 877/19/12 at 7:09pm.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 877/19/12 at 7:31pmQuote:
Pfft they may as well be, they hardly leak any sound compared to a semi-closed can like the DT880 and there is little soundstage to speak of.post #48 of 877/19/12 at 9:22pm
I wonder the effect a fully closed cup will bring on the similar free edge cellulose diaphragm driver still made by Foster Electric Company Ltd (I'm deducing it is, because it's their patented way of making drivers).
Isolation will be better for sure... even more bass??
TH900 is still the king of the hill for me! and I voted AH-D7000, I find it classier, although I really dig the urban and abstract morphology of the D7100...
Not sure what to think about its thickness though:
Not shoulder-wide, phew
Hey! look at what I've just found on Fujiya Avic's Facebook:
DENON GLOBE CRUISER AH-NCW500 SR (for sale there: http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail13305.html)
It addresses the thickness issue quite well actually, lol
Cups pivot 90 degree to wear around your neck
I never saw that precise supra-aural model coming (on Head-Fi at least)
Edited by devouringone3 - 7/19/12 at 9:37pmpost #49 of 877/19/12 at 9:37pmpost #50 of 877/19/12 at 9:45pmpost #51 of 877/19/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Add me too!
Edited by Silent One - 7/19/12 at 10:02pmpost #52 of 877/19/12 at 10:00pmpost #53 of 877/19/12 at 10:01pmpost #54 of 877/19/12 at 10:04pmQuote:
+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.post #55 of 877/19/12 at 10:09pmpost #56 of 877/20/12 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by goropeza
+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.
This picture you're quoting is about the choice of colors... do you like silver and brown, with no black?
Is it really plastic? or a magnesium or aluminum alloy?Quote:
I don't think because people would confuse it with the AH-D600
I hope these cups will pivot both horizontally and vertically, like a Fostex T50RP.
Edited by devouringone3 - 7/20/12 at 10:51ampost #57 of 877/20/12 at 12:07pm
"Both of the new Music Maniac over-ear headphones use glass fiber reinforced composite material for much of its chassis. This material was chosen for its very light weight and for being very inert. Rapping on the chassis of either of these headphones reveals a very solid feeling frame. Not surprisingly, the AH-D7100 Artisan's materials and finish seemed to be of a higher grade; and the Artisan's ear cups are carved from solid mahogany, and serves as a component of what will be a sonic character unique to the Artisan."post #58 of 877/20/12 at 12:49pmpost #59 of 877/20/12 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
Did you mean asymmetrical? The old cans were classy but a bit anachronistic in 2011. The problem with the new ones is that they look cheap. The lines are just fine, but plastic-faux-metal combined with plastic-faux-wood just looks bad. I still voted for the 7100s because of the lines. They needed to choose better materials, though. IMHO.
In Jude's post it said they were made out of mahogany.post #60 of 877/20/12 at 5:59pm
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Are Berdynamic headphones all just die fast ? DT990 600ohms 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX or Asus Xonar Phoebus? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Are these O2 amps legit? 5 minutes ago
- › Are we spoiled around here? 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 6 minutes ago
- › DAC+AMP for Sennheiser HD700 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)