- 3,559 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: United States of Barbarians, Pre-Civilization Earth
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:03 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 4
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
199 Total Votespost #46 of 877/19/12 at 7:09pm.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 877/19/12 at 7:31pmQuote:
Pfft they may as well be, they hardly leak any sound compared to a semi-closed can like the DT880 and there is little soundstage to speak of.post #48 of 877/19/12 at 9:22pm
I wonder the effect a fully closed cup will bring on the similar free edge cellulose diaphragm driver still made by Foster Electric Company Ltd (I'm deducing it is, because it's their patented way of making drivers).
Isolation will be better for sure... even more bass??
TH900 is still the king of the hill for me! and I voted AH-D7000, I find it classier, although I really dig the urban and abstract morphology of the D7100...
Not sure what to think about its thickness though:
Not shoulder-wide, phew
Hey! look at what I've just found on Fujiya Avic's Facebook:
DENON GLOBE CRUISER AH-NCW500 SR (for sale there: http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail13305.html)
It addresses the thickness issue quite well actually, lol
Cups pivot 90 degree to wear around your neck
I never saw that precise supra-aural model coming (on Head-Fi at least)
Edited by devouringone3 - 7/19/12 at 9:37pmpost #49 of 877/19/12 at 9:37pmpost #50 of 877/19/12 at 9:45pmpost #51 of 877/19/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Add me too!
Edited by Silent One - 7/19/12 at 10:02pmpost #52 of 877/19/12 at 10:00pmpost #53 of 877/19/12 at 10:01pmpost #54 of 877/19/12 at 10:04pmQuote:
+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.post #55 of 877/19/12 at 10:09pmpost #56 of 877/20/12 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by goropeza
+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.
This picture you're quoting is about the choice of colors... do you like silver and brown, with no black?
Is it really plastic? or a magnesium or aluminum alloy?Quote:
I don't think because people would confuse it with the AH-D600
I hope these cups will pivot both horizontally and vertically, like a Fostex T50RP.
Edited by devouringone3 - 7/20/12 at 10:51ampost #57 of 877/20/12 at 12:07pm
"Both of the new Music Maniac over-ear headphones use glass fiber reinforced composite material for much of its chassis. This material was chosen for its very light weight and for being very inert. Rapping on the chassis of either of these headphones reveals a very solid feeling frame. Not surprisingly, the AH-D7100 Artisan's materials and finish seemed to be of a higher grade; and the Artisan's ear cups are carved from solid mahogany, and serves as a component of what will be a sonic character unique to the Artisan."post #58 of 877/20/12 at 12:49pmpost #59 of 877/20/12 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
Did you mean asymmetrical? The old cans were classy but a bit anachronistic in 2011. The problem with the new ones is that they look cheap. The lines are just fine, but plastic-faux-metal combined with plastic-faux-wood just looks bad. I still voted for the 7100s because of the lines. They needed to choose better materials, though. IMHO.
In Jude's post it said they were made out of mahogany.post #60 of 877/20/12 at 5:59pm
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Dorm Speakers & Amp Recommendation? Total under $200 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2