- 755 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Motown USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7000 , Fostex TH900, Senn HD800, or Audeze LCD 2 or 3 for gaming? Last post on 4/10/13 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans heavy in the bass Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 3
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
192 Total Votespost #31 of 877/19/12 at 4:54amI could care less about looks, it's all about the sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 877/19/12 at 8:48amThread Starter
Same for me, I mean I would wear anything if it was the best sounding for the amount of money I am willing to spend. But polls are fun and there arent enough people who have heard both to have that discussion yet.post #33 of 877/19/12 at 8:51amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by manveru
While I am kind of a sucker for wood, I don't think the 7100 is that bad. I guess that photo makes it look kind of plasticy, but I seriously don't get why people are comparing these to Beats. I imagine they look better in real life, but even the pictures don't look at all as tacky as the Monsters. They don't look half bad in this picture...I'd even say attractive.
This does look attractive. This and some of Jude's pics are doing the new cans better justice.
On another note I really hope that the 7100's come with the headphone stand that the preproduction ones have. That way I can hopefully get my hands on one from someone who doesn't need it. Or, ideally, they will sell them separately.
Edited by Mcarter3 - 7/19/12 at 9:04ampost #34 of 877/19/12 at 9:08amQuote:
There is something about the Beats as they grab your head and tell you that in the Monster World everything is all right and the sky is blue. Maybe I am getting back into the womb. I do lay in the fetal position while rocking out late at night when no one is around.
The fact that the way they fit is a big part of the every day use, You can cut them down with a great elitist vengeance but in the end they do feel good caressing your noggin.
Change is always hard, especially from a bad sounding example, even though it's a good looking and good fitting epiphany in design.post #35 of 877/19/12 at 12:04pm
What puts me off is that weird angle the headband does at the earcups. Maybe it's just the pictures, but they look strange to me, like... not proportional.
They look a little better in Jude's pictures, though this weirdness remains.post #36 of 877/19/12 at 3:44pmpost #37 of 877/19/12 at 4:19pmpost #38 of 877/19/12 at 4:20pmpost #39 of 877/19/12 at 5:31pmpost #40 of 877/19/12 at 5:46pm
Upon closer inspection by Tyll, the D7000 for example, are not technically Closed cans. Denon incorporated some sort of vent-through design for their drivers. For more info on this, visit innerfidelity.com.post #41 of 877/19/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
Ah, I never knew this.
I thought it was just due to the very little clamp leaving an open seal.post #42 of 877/19/12 at 6:46pm
thanks for the added fotos....
beginning to remind me of Noise Cancelling cans the more i look at the d can,
and the deep thiccck pads is sending shudders down my...i just hope the sound wont be cave-like or tunnelled or cuppy..:P
of cos denon wont get it wrong.. peace to me.post #43 of 877/19/12 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by GL1TCH3DQuote:
Ah, I never knew this.
I thought it was just due to the very little clamp leaving an open seal.
Many wrongly indicted Denon D7000's ( cans I love a lot... ) on poor isolation. But never considered the design. It's in Denon's literature as well (the design feature). Hope this helps. Although, I wouldn't mind if they were truly Closed cans, that could take things a bit higher.
Edited by Silent One - 7/19/12 at 7:02pmpost #44 of 877/19/12 at 7:01pmpost #45 of 877/19/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
Hehe. It reminded me of the same thing. At least the cups aren't shaped like tubes. They look darn comfortable though.
Edited by manveru - 7/19/12 at 7:10pm
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
- Headphone Impedance
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 57 seconds ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile by accident . The Hobby: An Unexpected Journey 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Htc One 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Earsonics SM64 V1/V2 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 5 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 6 minutes ago
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe