- 783 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Motown USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 2:54 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 3
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
201 Total Votespost #31 of 877/19/12 at 4:54amI could care less about looks, it's all about the sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 877/19/12 at 8:48amThread Starter
Same for me, I mean I would wear anything if it was the best sounding for the amount of money I am willing to spend. But polls are fun and there arent enough people who have heard both to have that discussion yet.post #33 of 877/19/12 at 8:51amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by manveru
While I am kind of a sucker for wood, I don't think the 7100 is that bad. I guess that photo makes it look kind of plasticy, but I seriously don't get why people are comparing these to Beats. I imagine they look better in real life, but even the pictures don't look at all as tacky as the Monsters. They don't look half bad in this picture...I'd even say attractive.
This does look attractive. This and some of Jude's pics are doing the new cans better justice.
On another note I really hope that the 7100's come with the headphone stand that the preproduction ones have. That way I can hopefully get my hands on one from someone who doesn't need it. Or, ideally, they will sell them separately.
Edited by Mcarter3 - 7/19/12 at 9:04ampost #34 of 877/19/12 at 9:08amQuote:
There is something about the Beats as they grab your head and tell you that in the Monster World everything is all right and the sky is blue. Maybe I am getting back into the womb. I do lay in the fetal position while rocking out late at night when no one is around.
The fact that the way they fit is a big part of the every day use, You can cut them down with a great elitist vengeance but in the end they do feel good caressing your noggin.
Change is always hard, especially from a bad sounding example, even though it's a good looking and good fitting epiphany in design.post #35 of 877/19/12 at 12:04pm
What puts me off is that weird angle the headband does at the earcups. Maybe it's just the pictures, but they look strange to me, like... not proportional.
They look a little better in Jude's pictures, though this weirdness remains.post #36 of 877/19/12 at 3:44pmpost #37 of 877/19/12 at 4:19pmpost #38 of 877/19/12 at 4:20pmpost #39 of 877/19/12 at 5:31pmpost #40 of 877/19/12 at 5:46pm
Upon closer inspection by Tyll, the D7000 for example, are not technically Closed cans. Denon incorporated some sort of vent-through design for their drivers. For more info on this, visit innerfidelity.com.post #41 of 877/19/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
Ah, I never knew this.
I thought it was just due to the very little clamp leaving an open seal.post #42 of 877/19/12 at 6:46pm
thanks for the added fotos....
beginning to remind me of Noise Cancelling cans the more i look at the d can,
and the deep thiccck pads is sending shudders down my...i just hope the sound wont be cave-like or tunnelled or cuppy..:P
of cos denon wont get it wrong.. peace to me.post #43 of 877/19/12 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by GL1TCH3DQuote:
Ah, I never knew this.
I thought it was just due to the very little clamp leaving an open seal.
Many wrongly indicted Denon D7000's ( cans I love a lot... ) on poor isolation. But never considered the design. It's in Denon's literature as well (the design feature). Hope this helps. Although, I wouldn't mind if they were truly Closed cans, that could take things a bit higher.
Edited by Silent One - 7/19/12 at 7:02pmpost #44 of 877/19/12 at 7:01pmpost #45 of 877/19/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
Hehe. It reminded me of the same thing. At least the cups aren't shaped like tubes. They look darn comfortable though.
Edited by manveru - 7/19/12 at 7:10pm
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Post your favourite 80s music videos, any genre 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 minutes ago
- › New Astell & Kern AK300 Digital Music & Media Player 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 11 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 13 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...