- 782 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Motown USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:07 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7000 , Fostex TH900, Senn HD800, or Audeze LCD 2 or 3 for gaming? Last post on 4/10/13 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans heavy in the bass Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 3
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
198 Total Votespost #31 of 877/19/12 at 4:54amI could care less about looks, it's all about the sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 877/19/12 at 8:48amThread Starter
Same for me, I mean I would wear anything if it was the best sounding for the amount of money I am willing to spend. But polls are fun and there arent enough people who have heard both to have that discussion yet.post #33 of 877/19/12 at 8:51amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by manveru
While I am kind of a sucker for wood, I don't think the 7100 is that bad. I guess that photo makes it look kind of plasticy, but I seriously don't get why people are comparing these to Beats. I imagine they look better in real life, but even the pictures don't look at all as tacky as the Monsters. They don't look half bad in this picture...I'd even say attractive.
This does look attractive. This and some of Jude's pics are doing the new cans better justice.
On another note I really hope that the 7100's come with the headphone stand that the preproduction ones have. That way I can hopefully get my hands on one from someone who doesn't need it. Or, ideally, they will sell them separately.
Edited by Mcarter3 - 7/19/12 at 9:04ampost #34 of 877/19/12 at 9:08amQuote:
There is something about the Beats as they grab your head and tell you that in the Monster World everything is all right and the sky is blue. Maybe I am getting back into the womb. I do lay in the fetal position while rocking out late at night when no one is around.
The fact that the way they fit is a big part of the every day use, You can cut them down with a great elitist vengeance but in the end they do feel good caressing your noggin.
Change is always hard, especially from a bad sounding example, even though it's a good looking and good fitting epiphany in design.post #35 of 877/19/12 at 12:04pm
What puts me off is that weird angle the headband does at the earcups. Maybe it's just the pictures, but they look strange to me, like... not proportional.
They look a little better in Jude's pictures, though this weirdness remains.post #36 of 877/19/12 at 3:44pmpost #37 of 877/19/12 at 4:19pmpost #38 of 877/19/12 at 4:20pmpost #39 of 877/19/12 at 5:31pmpost #40 of 877/19/12 at 5:46pm
Upon closer inspection by Tyll, the D7000 for example, are not technically Closed cans. Denon incorporated some sort of vent-through design for their drivers. For more info on this, visit innerfidelity.com.post #41 of 877/19/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
Ah, I never knew this.
I thought it was just due to the very little clamp leaving an open seal.post #42 of 877/19/12 at 6:46pm
thanks for the added fotos....
beginning to remind me of Noise Cancelling cans the more i look at the d can,
and the deep thiccck pads is sending shudders down my...i just hope the sound wont be cave-like or tunnelled or cuppy..:P
of cos denon wont get it wrong.. peace to me.post #43 of 877/19/12 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by GL1TCH3DQuote:
Ah, I never knew this.
I thought it was just due to the very little clamp leaving an open seal.
Many wrongly indicted Denon D7000's ( cans I love a lot... ) on poor isolation. But never considered the design. It's in Denon's literature as well (the design feature). Hope this helps. Although, I wouldn't mind if they were truly Closed cans, that could take things a bit higher.
Edited by Silent One - 7/19/12 at 7:02pmpost #44 of 877/19/12 at 7:01pmpost #45 of 877/19/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
Hehe. It reminded me of the same thing. At least the cups aren't shaped like tubes. They look darn comfortable though.
Edited by manveru - 7/19/12 at 7:10pm
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 54 seconds ago
- › Most comfortable headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 5 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 8 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)