- 783 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Motown USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 5:12 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 3
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
201 Total Votespost #31 of 877/19/12 at 4:54amI could care less about looks, it's all about the sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 877/19/12 at 8:48amThread Starter
Same for me, I mean I would wear anything if it was the best sounding for the amount of money I am willing to spend. But polls are fun and there arent enough people who have heard both to have that discussion yet.post #33 of 877/19/12 at 8:51amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by manveru
While I am kind of a sucker for wood, I don't think the 7100 is that bad. I guess that photo makes it look kind of plasticy, but I seriously don't get why people are comparing these to Beats. I imagine they look better in real life, but even the pictures don't look at all as tacky as the Monsters. They don't look half bad in this picture...I'd even say attractive.
This does look attractive. This and some of Jude's pics are doing the new cans better justice.
On another note I really hope that the 7100's come with the headphone stand that the preproduction ones have. That way I can hopefully get my hands on one from someone who doesn't need it. Or, ideally, they will sell them separately.
Edited by Mcarter3 - 7/19/12 at 9:04ampost #34 of 877/19/12 at 9:08amQuote:
There is something about the Beats as they grab your head and tell you that in the Monster World everything is all right and the sky is blue. Maybe I am getting back into the womb. I do lay in the fetal position while rocking out late at night when no one is around.
The fact that the way they fit is a big part of the every day use, You can cut them down with a great elitist vengeance but in the end they do feel good caressing your noggin.
Change is always hard, especially from a bad sounding example, even though it's a good looking and good fitting epiphany in design.post #35 of 877/19/12 at 12:04pm
What puts me off is that weird angle the headband does at the earcups. Maybe it's just the pictures, but they look strange to me, like... not proportional.
They look a little better in Jude's pictures, though this weirdness remains.post #36 of 877/19/12 at 3:44pmpost #37 of 877/19/12 at 4:19pmpost #38 of 877/19/12 at 4:20pmpost #39 of 877/19/12 at 5:31pmpost #40 of 877/19/12 at 5:46pm
Upon closer inspection by Tyll, the D7000 for example, are not technically Closed cans. Denon incorporated some sort of vent-through design for their drivers. For more info on this, visit innerfidelity.com.post #41 of 877/19/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
Ah, I never knew this.
I thought it was just due to the very little clamp leaving an open seal.post #42 of 877/19/12 at 6:46pm
thanks for the added fotos....
beginning to remind me of Noise Cancelling cans the more i look at the d can,
and the deep thiccck pads is sending shudders down my...i just hope the sound wont be cave-like or tunnelled or cuppy..:P
of cos denon wont get it wrong.. peace to me.post #43 of 877/19/12 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by GL1TCH3DQuote:
Ah, I never knew this.
I thought it was just due to the very little clamp leaving an open seal.
Many wrongly indicted Denon D7000's ( cans I love a lot... ) on poor isolation. But never considered the design. It's in Denon's literature as well (the design feature). Hope this helps. Although, I wouldn't mind if they were truly Closed cans, that could take things a bit higher.
Edited by Silent One - 7/19/12 at 7:02pmpost #44 of 877/19/12 at 7:01pmpost #45 of 877/19/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
Hehe. It reminded me of the same thing. At least the cups aren't shaped like tubes. They look darn comfortable though.
Edited by manveru - 7/19/12 at 7:10pm
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shiit Yggdrasil DAC "yggy" (230 volt) 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 23 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 59 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › How much better is the hd650 vs hd598? 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 6 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear