Not just you lol. That does not look out of place, although I expect it to SOUND out of place
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 5:15 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7000 , Fostex TH900, Senn HD800, or Audeze LCD 2 or 3 for gaming? Last post on 4/10/13 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans heavy in the bass Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 2
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
198 Total Votespost #16 of 877/18/12 at 8:47pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 877/18/12 at 8:54pmpost #18 of 877/18/12 at 8:57pm
I don't particularly like wood or am that impressed by its use (seems like a small form over function sacrifice anyhow), but the AH-D7100 looks a bit confused and tacky to me. Then again, I don't like silvery-colored anything. Not that I'd be opposed to using the AH-D7100 if it sounded great.post #19 of 877/18/12 at 9:05pm
I dont buy cans for its looks but the D7000s were a champion on that. Also they're on my top 3, they got an amazing sound that doesn't need fancy amps. How many high end full sizes can you say that of?
I love'em so much I guess I'm gonna buy another pair soon. They were my first passion in this hobby and that you never forget.post #20 of 877/18/12 at 9:19pm
I think both looks very nice, but I prefer the 7100s by a tiny margin. Don't get me wrong the 7ks are beautiful with the fully exposed wooden cups, but the new ones look a good deal more modern. The wood is still there, but now covered up a bit. I honestly wouldn't mind having either pair on my head.post #21 of 877/18/12 at 9:25pm
While I am kind of a sucker for wood, I don't think the 7100 is that bad. I guess that photo makes it look kind of plasticy, but I seriously don't get why people are comparing these to Beats. I imagine they look better in real life, but even the pictures don't look at all as tacky as the Monsters. They don't look half bad in this picture...I'd even say attractive.
Edited by manveru - 7/18/12 at 9:27pmpost #22 of 877/18/12 at 9:25pm
I love the AH-D 7000s but progress is progress.
As far as the new design......................................
If you study the mechanics of how the ear cups fall into place along with the head pressure, it is actually a very cool concept. I don't own Beats but actually have a set of super cheap knock-offs that I use at times when I don't want to worry about breaking stuff.
I have not tried the 7100s, but it may be that they sound great and physically adjust well. It may be that they are made and designed well. They seem to have got the idea from how beats are designed? I can't think of the emulation here coming from anything else?
It may work out great and the looks could be years ahead of the times.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 7/18/12 at 11:20pmpost #23 of 877/18/12 at 9:29pmpost #24 of 877/18/12 at 11:55pmpost #25 of 877/19/12 at 12:05am
I'd say the D7100's don't look *bad* by most headphone standards, but the D7000's are one of the very few headphones that are aesthetically well designed. There's only one thing that I'd do to change the way they look, and that's change that square hot dog shaped piece between the headband and cups (don't know the name).post #26 of 877/19/12 at 12:26ampost #27 of 877/19/12 at 1:00ampost #28 of 877/19/12 at 1:12ampost #29 of 877/19/12 at 2:30am
Between the two, I voted for...
The protective cover design of the new cans look just that - protective covers. In the same manner grandmothers use to (still do?) use plastic covers over their finest furniture. Functional? Certainly. Hideous? A resounding YES!
Obviously, they wanted the cans to hit the street and go mobile. And accenting the cans with a touch and flair of model once used in the home environment. I just think they could have done a more tasteful job with the concept.
Silent One, satisfied owner - Denon AH-D7000 Zeus Quad22 OCC Copper 4x22 AWG - XLR (Balanced w/matching adapter)post #30 of 877/19/12 at 4:04am
I cant help but shake the feeling that they made an effort to make them look futuristic or whatnot.
Now I do think that if no one makes stuff that looks like sci-fi stuff we will never truly live in a sci-fi world (I mean come on, it is the year 20XX already!) . But honestly that should not be Denons job, they had such a wonderful thing going with the D7000. Its look was something timeless, simple and elegant.
That is why my vote goes for the classic, but not without a certain tiny hesitation.
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Does anyone here actually earbuds? 6 minutes ago
- › Need help looking for headphones! 6 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)