Not just you lol. That does not look out of place, although I expect it to SOUND out of place
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:39 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 2
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
199 Total Votespost #16 of 877/18/12 at 8:47pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 877/18/12 at 8:54pmpost #18 of 877/18/12 at 8:57pm
I don't particularly like wood or am that impressed by its use (seems like a small form over function sacrifice anyhow), but the AH-D7100 looks a bit confused and tacky to me. Then again, I don't like silvery-colored anything. Not that I'd be opposed to using the AH-D7100 if it sounded great.post #19 of 877/18/12 at 9:05pm
I dont buy cans for its looks but the D7000s were a champion on that. Also they're on my top 3, they got an amazing sound that doesn't need fancy amps. How many high end full sizes can you say that of?
I love'em so much I guess I'm gonna buy another pair soon. They were my first passion in this hobby and that you never forget.post #20 of 877/18/12 at 9:19pm
I think both looks very nice, but I prefer the 7100s by a tiny margin. Don't get me wrong the 7ks are beautiful with the fully exposed wooden cups, but the new ones look a good deal more modern. The wood is still there, but now covered up a bit. I honestly wouldn't mind having either pair on my head.post #21 of 877/18/12 at 9:25pm
While I am kind of a sucker for wood, I don't think the 7100 is that bad. I guess that photo makes it look kind of plasticy, but I seriously don't get why people are comparing these to Beats. I imagine they look better in real life, but even the pictures don't look at all as tacky as the Monsters. They don't look half bad in this picture...I'd even say attractive.
Edited by manveru - 7/18/12 at 9:27pmpost #22 of 877/18/12 at 9:25pm
I love the AH-D 7000s but progress is progress.
As far as the new design......................................
If you study the mechanics of how the ear cups fall into place along with the head pressure, it is actually a very cool concept. I don't own Beats but actually have a set of super cheap knock-offs that I use at times when I don't want to worry about breaking stuff.
I have not tried the 7100s, but it may be that they sound great and physically adjust well. It may be that they are made and designed well. They seem to have got the idea from how beats are designed? I can't think of the emulation here coming from anything else?
It may work out great and the looks could be years ahead of the times.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 7/18/12 at 11:20pmpost #23 of 877/18/12 at 9:29pmpost #24 of 877/18/12 at 11:55pmpost #25 of 877/19/12 at 12:05am
I'd say the D7100's don't look *bad* by most headphone standards, but the D7000's are one of the very few headphones that are aesthetically well designed. There's only one thing that I'd do to change the way they look, and that's change that square hot dog shaped piece between the headband and cups (don't know the name).post #26 of 877/19/12 at 12:26ampost #27 of 877/19/12 at 1:00ampost #28 of 877/19/12 at 1:12ampost #29 of 877/19/12 at 2:30am
Between the two, I voted for...
The protective cover design of the new cans look just that - protective covers. In the same manner grandmothers use to (still do?) use plastic covers over their finest furniture. Functional? Certainly. Hideous? A resounding YES!
Obviously, they wanted the cans to hit the street and go mobile. And accenting the cans with a touch and flair of model once used in the home environment. I just think they could have done a more tasteful job with the concept.
Silent One, satisfied owner - Denon AH-D7000 Zeus Quad22 OCC Copper 4x22 AWG - XLR (Balanced w/matching adapter)post #30 of 877/19/12 at 4:04am
I cant help but shake the feeling that they made an effort to make them look futuristic or whatnot.
Now I do think that if no one makes stuff that looks like sci-fi stuff we will never truly live in a sci-fi world (I mean come on, it is the year 20XX already!) . But honestly that should not be Denons job, they had such a wonderful thing going with the D7000. Its look was something timeless, simple and elegant.
That is why my vote goes for the classic, but not without a certain tiny hesitation.
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Any headfi-ers in Connecticut? 32 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 3 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50X vs. Beats Solo 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › ChiUniFi 9 Meet Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 5 minutes ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 6 minutes ago
- › Recommendation Begginner Audiophile 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 11 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)