Not just you lol. That does not look out of place, although I expect it to SOUND out of place
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7100 Last post on 3/24/13 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100 - Page 2
Poll Results: Which styling do you prefer?
199 Total Votespost #16 of 877/18/12 at 8:47pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 877/18/12 at 8:54pmpost #18 of 877/18/12 at 8:57pm
I don't particularly like wood or am that impressed by its use (seems like a small form over function sacrifice anyhow), but the AH-D7100 looks a bit confused and tacky to me. Then again, I don't like silvery-colored anything. Not that I'd be opposed to using the AH-D7100 if it sounded great.post #19 of 877/18/12 at 9:05pm
I dont buy cans for its looks but the D7000s were a champion on that. Also they're on my top 3, they got an amazing sound that doesn't need fancy amps. How many high end full sizes can you say that of?
I love'em so much I guess I'm gonna buy another pair soon. They were my first passion in this hobby and that you never forget.post #20 of 877/18/12 at 9:19pm
I think both looks very nice, but I prefer the 7100s by a tiny margin. Don't get me wrong the 7ks are beautiful with the fully exposed wooden cups, but the new ones look a good deal more modern. The wood is still there, but now covered up a bit. I honestly wouldn't mind having either pair on my head.post #21 of 877/18/12 at 9:25pm
While I am kind of a sucker for wood, I don't think the 7100 is that bad. I guess that photo makes it look kind of plasticy, but I seriously don't get why people are comparing these to Beats. I imagine they look better in real life, but even the pictures don't look at all as tacky as the Monsters. They don't look half bad in this picture...I'd even say attractive.
Edited by manveru - 7/18/12 at 9:27pmpost #22 of 877/18/12 at 9:25pm
I love the AH-D 7000s but progress is progress.
As far as the new design......................................
If you study the mechanics of how the ear cups fall into place along with the head pressure, it is actually a very cool concept. I don't own Beats but actually have a set of super cheap knock-offs that I use at times when I don't want to worry about breaking stuff.
I have not tried the 7100s, but it may be that they sound great and physically adjust well. It may be that they are made and designed well. They seem to have got the idea from how beats are designed? I can't think of the emulation here coming from anything else?
It may work out great and the looks could be years ahead of the times.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 7/18/12 at 11:20pmpost #23 of 877/18/12 at 9:29pmpost #24 of 877/18/12 at 11:55pmpost #25 of 877/19/12 at 12:05am
I'd say the D7100's don't look *bad* by most headphone standards, but the D7000's are one of the very few headphones that are aesthetically well designed. There's only one thing that I'd do to change the way they look, and that's change that square hot dog shaped piece between the headband and cups (don't know the name).post #26 of 877/19/12 at 12:26ampost #27 of 877/19/12 at 1:00ampost #28 of 877/19/12 at 1:12ampost #29 of 877/19/12 at 2:30am
Between the two, I voted for...
The protective cover design of the new cans look just that - protective covers. In the same manner grandmothers use to (still do?) use plastic covers over their finest furniture. Functional? Certainly. Hideous? A resounding YES!
Obviously, they wanted the cans to hit the street and go mobile. And accenting the cans with a touch and flair of model once used in the home environment. I just think they could have done a more tasteful job with the concept.
Silent One, satisfied owner - Denon AH-D7000 Zeus Quad22 OCC Copper 4x22 AWG - XLR (Balanced w/matching adapter)post #30 of 877/19/12 at 4:04am
I cant help but shake the feeling that they made an effort to make them look futuristic or whatnot.
Now I do think that if no one makes stuff that looks like sci-fi stuff we will never truly live in a sci-fi world (I mean come on, it is the year 20XX already!) . But honestly that should not be Denons job, they had such a wonderful thing going with the D7000. Its look was something timeless, simple and elegant.
That is why my vote goes for the classic, but not without a certain tiny hesitation.
- Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 생중계블랙잭RWRW8.COM아시안카지노 28 seconds ago
- › 생중계슬롯머신、RWRW8.COM 카지노사이트 2 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › 실시간슬롯머신★★ぢRWRW8.COM★온라인바카라★ 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 7 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 10 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2