Looking to re-cable my headphones and wanted to know if there is a place to buy bulk flat style cable that will work? Thanks.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Aftermarket cables for Heir Audio 4Ai Last post on 4/9/13 at 8:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE80 replacement cable Last post on 4/5/14 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CH/TA custom IEM (UE TF10) cable review Last post on 1/17/13 at 2:30pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Benefit and selection of cables in an entry level headphone setup Last post on 12/29/12 at 10:41pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Westone EPIC G2 Cable Last post on 8/22/13 at 7:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 8/24/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Flat Cable Source?post #1 of 87/18/12 at 10:58amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 87/18/12 at 3:25pm
Keep in mind that flat or ribbon cables are often poorly if at all shielded. Also go with a more shielded cable made from the most conductive material you can afford like silver.
Edited by NA Blur - 7/18/12 at 3:37pmpost #3 of 87/18/12 at 3:28pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah, thanks. I have given up on the flat. Can you recommend an inexpensive 4 conductor cable?post #4 of 87/18/12 at 3:38pm
I am not super familiar with cable replacements so hopefully someone else who has more experience will chime in. I just know from dealing with flat / ribbon cables and measuring noise that they are almost always way more noisy than their better shielded and round counterparts.post #5 of 810/9/12 at 11:33ampost #6 of 812/1/12 at 9:21pm
This is 3m flat ribbon cable. this seller on ebay has many different awgs ad amount of conductors this is the one i have seen. is this good?
post #7 of 812/5/12 at 10:47pmReturn Home
- Flat Cable Source?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Need help with Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Headset and PS4 Setup 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #3... 4 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Headphone stand for HD650s? 7 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2