Looking to re-cable my headphones and wanted to know if there is a place to buy bulk flat style cable that will work? Thanks.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Aftermarket cables for Heir Audio 4Ai Last post on 4/9/13 at 8:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE80 replacement cable Last post on 4/5/14 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CH/TA custom IEM (UE TF10) cable review Last post on 1/17/13 at 2:30pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Benefit and selection of cables in an entry level headphone setup Last post on 12/29/12 at 10:41pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Westone EPIC G2 Cable Last post on 8/22/13 at 7:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
Flat Cable Source?post #1 of 87/18/12 at 10:58amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 87/18/12 at 3:25pm
Keep in mind that flat or ribbon cables are often poorly if at all shielded. Also go with a more shielded cable made from the most conductive material you can afford like silver.
Edited by NA Blur - 7/18/12 at 3:37pmpost #3 of 87/18/12 at 3:28pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah, thanks. I have given up on the flat. Can you recommend an inexpensive 4 conductor cable?post #4 of 87/18/12 at 3:38pm
I am not super familiar with cable replacements so hopefully someone else who has more experience will chime in. I just know from dealing with flat / ribbon cables and measuring noise that they are almost always way more noisy than their better shielded and round counterparts.post #5 of 810/9/12 at 11:33ampost #6 of 812/1/12 at 9:21pm
This is 3m flat ribbon cable. this seller on ebay has many different awgs ad amount of conductors this is the one i have seen. is this good?
post #7 of 812/5/12 at 10:47pmReturn Home
- Flat Cable Source?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Grado Fan Club! 32 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 47 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 1 minute ago
- › Genelec 8020A, pair, almost new, coming with box, manual, cables 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3