Looking to re-cable my headphones and wanted to know if there is a place to buy bulk flat style cable that will work? Thanks.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Aftermarket cables for Heir Audio 4Ai Last post on 4/9/13 at 8:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE80 replacement cable Last post on 4/5/14 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CH/TA custom IEM (UE TF10) cable review Last post on 1/17/13 at 2:30pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Benefit and selection of cables in an entry level headphone setup Last post on 12/29/12 at 10:41pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Westone EPIC G2 Cable Last post on 8/22/13 at 7:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
- Hi End Cables
Flat Cable Source?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Keep in mind that flat or ribbon cables are often poorly if at all shielded. Also go with a more shielded cable made from the most conductive material you can afford like silver.
Edited by NA Blur - 7/18/12 at 3:37pm
Yeah, thanks. I have given up on the flat. Can you recommend an inexpensive 4 conductor cable?
I am not super familiar with cable replacements so hopefully someone else who has more experience will chime in. I just know from dealing with flat / ribbon cables and measuring noise that they are almost always way more noisy than their better shielded and round counterparts.
This is 3m flat ribbon cable. this seller on ebay has many different awgs ad amount of conductors this is the one i have seen. is this good?
- Flat Cable Source?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Do I need a DAC? 4 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 22 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 30 seconds ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 41 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso Website Address Change 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)