Looking to re-cable my headphones and wanted to know if there is a place to buy bulk flat style cable that will work? Thanks.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Aftermarket cables for Heir Audio 4Ai Last post on 4/9/13 at 8:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE80 replacement cable Last post on 4/5/14 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CH/TA custom IEM (UE TF10) cable review Last post on 1/17/13 at 2:30pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Benefit and selection of cables in an entry level headphone setup Last post on 12/29/12 at 10:41pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Westone EPIC G2 Cable Last post on 8/22/13 at 7:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz for providing me a sample of the S0 for review. This is only the second Brainwavz earphone I’ve had the pleasure to audition, the...
Introduction So here's my contribution to the growing collection of reviews on Rock Jaw's Alfa Genus. For those of you interested in purchasing a pair, hopefully this is a useful addition; for...
OK, before I get into my review of the MDR-Z7 I feel a need to give some background and history of my time on head-fi. It might help make sense of my love of this headphone and why at the same...
Thanks to Brainwavz for this review set of pleather and velour replacement pads. I bought a pair of the pleather models a year or so ago in an effort to make my wife's JVC S400's more comfortable...
To give you an idea of where I'm coming from I have owned JH audio JH5 IEMs, Fostex T50rps, and Audio Technica ATH-M50x's. My Fostex T50rps were issued to me at audio engineering school and were...
- Hi End Cables
Flat Cable Source?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Keep in mind that flat or ribbon cables are often poorly if at all shielded. Also go with a more shielded cable made from the most conductive material you can afford like silver.
Edited by NA Blur - 7/18/12 at 3:37pm
Yeah, thanks. I have given up on the flat. Can you recommend an inexpensive 4 conductor cable?
I am not super familiar with cable replacements so hopefully someone else who has more experience will chime in. I just know from dealing with flat / ribbon cables and measuring noise that they are almost always way more noisy than their better shielded and round counterparts.
This is 3m flat ribbon cable. this seller on ebay has many different awgs ad amount of conductors this is the one i have seen. is this good?
- Flat Cable Source?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 18 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 33 seconds ago
- › Havi B6 ! 43 seconds ago
- › New external soundcard. 1 minute ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › Shure SRH840 by justyourboy
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by twister6
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Kamakahah
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3