Looking to re-cable my headphones and wanted to know if there is a place to buy bulk flat style cable that will work? Thanks.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Aftermarket cables for Heir Audio 4Ai Last post on 4/9/13 at 8:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE80 replacement cable Last post on 4/5/14 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CH/TA custom IEM (UE TF10) cable review Last post on 1/17/13 at 2:30pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Benefit and selection of cables in an entry level headphone setup Last post on 12/29/12 at 10:41pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Westone EPIC G2 Cable Last post on 8/22/13 at 7:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
- Hi End Cables
Flat Cable Source?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Keep in mind that flat or ribbon cables are often poorly if at all shielded. Also go with a more shielded cable made from the most conductive material you can afford like silver.
Edited by NA Blur - 7/18/12 at 3:37pm
Yeah, thanks. I have given up on the flat. Can you recommend an inexpensive 4 conductor cable?
I am not super familiar with cable replacements so hopefully someone else who has more experience will chime in. I just know from dealing with flat / ribbon cables and measuring noise that they are almost always way more noisy than their better shielded and round counterparts.
This is 3m flat ribbon cable. this seller on ebay has many different awgs ad amount of conductors this is the one i have seen. is this good?
- Flat Cable Source?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 14 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Have Asus Xonar U7 headphone amp newbie wants to know if I can use... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)