Look around man you can get them cheaper...depends on whether or not you think buying headphones from an amazon user who has only 1 rating is sketchy or not, if not there is a pair on amazon for like 310. But the d5ks will probably not disappoint, I would just think twice if you are gonna wear them around, the denons are cumbersome as **** and the cable is long enough to moor a ******* pirate ship with
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/20/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/20/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/20/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Not enough bass! Last post on 9/7/12 at 5:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I've been writing many reviews for local audiophile sites of my country so I decided to write one for head-fi too. Subject is Ostry KC06. (a.k.a Giant Slayer) Sources used: LG...
Obravo erib-2a Review April 2016 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sources used: Sony ZX1 Walkman, HP X360 Spectre with MS Win 10 laptop, Tag...
Note: MusicTeck graciously provided the Miracle and Maestro samples for review. Originally published at CYMBACAVUM. Based in New Jersey, MusicTeck is an official distributor for some of the...
I've only had these headphones for a few days, so these can be considered preliminary impressions. Using Spotify Extreme with Equalify plugin -> Schiit Bifrost Multibit -> Violectric V200 ->...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog: A reference class Dog Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Alpha Dogs ($499USD, discontinued) with my own money after doing my own research and thus this is my...
Looking for new bass headphones - Page 2post #16 of 547/18/12 at 2:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 547/18/12 at 2:16pmpost #18 of 547/18/12 at 2:18pm
^ yeah saw that, things fluctuate week by week...i got mine for 400...turns out they were like a lemon or something and the driver busted but they repaired them free and sent them back post hastepost #19 of 547/18/12 at 2:26pm
Have you thought about Grados? I hear they do really well with rock and metal. I'm not sure about the other genres, though. You may also want to invest in some kind of amp/DAC down the road, maybe something like a Fiio E17?post #20 of 547/18/12 at 3:40pm
Out of the DT770 Pro, ATH-m50, and the Ultrasone HFi 780, which one(s) do NOT require an amp to push the bass and sound overall right out of the box? I listen to mostly hip hop, alternative/rock, remixes. I want to be as portable as can be for 18 hr overseas flights and traveling. I'm not an audiophile so I don't need to squeeze every last bit out of my phones with extra amps, etc. Just want something that I can fold up and away, something that I can plug and play, and nod my head to. Will use them for movies as well.
The thing about the DT770 Pros are that they are Princess Leia HUGE and do not fold. So, those are a little out of my radar. Plus, as far as I've heard, you really need an amp to enjoy these cans cuz out of the box listening doesn't do them justice.post #21 of 547/19/12 at 11:56amThread Starterpost #22 of 547/19/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
The Ultrasone 780 is very portable, and folds, and is driven very well without an amp. Can't speak to the DT770, but Ultrasone over M50 for sure, in my opinion.post #23 of 547/22/12 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #24 of 547/23/12 at 7:14pmpost #25 of 547/24/12 at 10:08amQuote:
The D2000's are definitely outside of the stated budget.post #26 of 547/24/12 at 10:42amThread StarterQuote:
What I meant by my budget is I'd like to keep it below $250 but I'll spend up to $600 if it's really worth it. It seems like spending that extra cash does pay off so I've been leaning towards the D5000's.post #27 of 547/24/12 at 11:18ampost #28 of 547/24/12 at 11:21amQuote:
Nice, yeah, the D5000's will rock it man. Thanks for the clarification. Make sure you get a little something to drive them with though.post #29 of 547/24/12 at 11:33amThread Starter
- Looking for new bass headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › THE BHSE DEPRESSED AWAITING DELIVERY THREAD 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Cardas A8 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze's 2016 revamp, re-voiced and re-engineered headphones, the... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII USB DAC Headphone Amp Portable Amplifier... 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric V820 DAC - Preliminary Info 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse