Look around man you can get them cheaper...depends on whether or not you think buying headphones from an amazon user who has only 1 rating is sketchy or not, if not there is a pair on amazon for like 310. But the d5ks will probably not disappoint, I would just think twice if you are gonna wear them around, the denons are cumbersome as **** and the cable is long enough to moor a ******* pirate ship with
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/20/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/20/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/20/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Not enough bass! Last post on 9/7/12 at 5:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
Looking for new bass headphones - Page 2post #16 of 547/18/12 at 2:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 547/18/12 at 2:16pmpost #18 of 547/18/12 at 2:18pm
^ yeah saw that, things fluctuate week by week...i got mine for 400...turns out they were like a lemon or something and the driver busted but they repaired them free and sent them back post hastepost #19 of 547/18/12 at 2:26pm
Have you thought about Grados? I hear they do really well with rock and metal. I'm not sure about the other genres, though. You may also want to invest in some kind of amp/DAC down the road, maybe something like a Fiio E17?post #20 of 547/18/12 at 3:40pm
Out of the DT770 Pro, ATH-m50, and the Ultrasone HFi 780, which one(s) do NOT require an amp to push the bass and sound overall right out of the box? I listen to mostly hip hop, alternative/rock, remixes. I want to be as portable as can be for 18 hr overseas flights and traveling. I'm not an audiophile so I don't need to squeeze every last bit out of my phones with extra amps, etc. Just want something that I can fold up and away, something that I can plug and play, and nod my head to. Will use them for movies as well.
The thing about the DT770 Pros are that they are Princess Leia HUGE and do not fold. So, those are a little out of my radar. Plus, as far as I've heard, you really need an amp to enjoy these cans cuz out of the box listening doesn't do them justice.post #21 of 547/19/12 at 11:56amThread Starterpost #22 of 547/19/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
The Ultrasone 780 is very portable, and folds, and is driven very well without an amp. Can't speak to the DT770, but Ultrasone over M50 for sure, in my opinion.post #23 of 547/22/12 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #24 of 547/23/12 at 7:14pmpost #25 of 547/24/12 at 10:08amQuote:
The D2000's are definitely outside of the stated budget.post #26 of 547/24/12 at 10:42amThread StarterQuote:
What I meant by my budget is I'd like to keep it below $250 but I'll spend up to $600 if it's really worth it. It seems like spending that extra cash does pay off so I've been leaning towards the D5000's.post #27 of 547/24/12 at 11:18ampost #28 of 547/24/12 at 11:21amQuote:
Nice, yeah, the D5000's will rock it man. Thanks for the clarification. Make sure you get a little something to drive them with though.post #29 of 547/24/12 at 11:33amThread Starter
- Looking for new bass headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 10 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 13 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 14 minutes ago
- › Custom cable 14 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 15 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 16 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear