Look around man you can get them cheaper...depends on whether or not you think buying headphones from an amazon user who has only 1 rating is sketchy or not, if not there is a pair on amazon for like 310. But the d5ks will probably not disappoint, I would just think twice if you are gonna wear them around, the denons are cumbersome as **** and the cable is long enough to moor a ******* pirate ship with
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/20/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/20/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/20/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Not enough bass! Last post on 9/7/12 at 5:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
Looking for new bass headphones - Page 2post #16 of 547/18/12 at 2:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 547/18/12 at 2:16pmpost #18 of 547/18/12 at 2:18pm
^ yeah saw that, things fluctuate week by week...i got mine for 400...turns out they were like a lemon or something and the driver busted but they repaired them free and sent them back post hastepost #19 of 547/18/12 at 2:26pm
Have you thought about Grados? I hear they do really well with rock and metal. I'm not sure about the other genres, though. You may also want to invest in some kind of amp/DAC down the road, maybe something like a Fiio E17?post #20 of 547/18/12 at 3:40pm
Out of the DT770 Pro, ATH-m50, and the Ultrasone HFi 780, which one(s) do NOT require an amp to push the bass and sound overall right out of the box? I listen to mostly hip hop, alternative/rock, remixes. I want to be as portable as can be for 18 hr overseas flights and traveling. I'm not an audiophile so I don't need to squeeze every last bit out of my phones with extra amps, etc. Just want something that I can fold up and away, something that I can plug and play, and nod my head to. Will use them for movies as well.
The thing about the DT770 Pros are that they are Princess Leia HUGE and do not fold. So, those are a little out of my radar. Plus, as far as I've heard, you really need an amp to enjoy these cans cuz out of the box listening doesn't do them justice.post #21 of 547/19/12 at 11:56amThread Starterpost #22 of 547/19/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
The Ultrasone 780 is very portable, and folds, and is driven very well without an amp. Can't speak to the DT770, but Ultrasone over M50 for sure, in my opinion.post #23 of 547/22/12 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #24 of 547/23/12 at 7:14pmpost #25 of 547/24/12 at 10:08amQuote:
The D2000's are definitely outside of the stated budget.post #26 of 547/24/12 at 10:42amThread StarterQuote:
What I meant by my budget is I'd like to keep it below $250 but I'll spend up to $600 if it's really worth it. It seems like spending that extra cash does pay off so I've been leaning towards the D5000's.post #27 of 547/24/12 at 11:18ampost #28 of 547/24/12 at 11:21amQuote:
Nice, yeah, the D5000's will rock it man. Thanks for the clarification. Make sure you get a little something to drive them with though.post #29 of 547/24/12 at 11:33amThread Starter
- Looking for new bass headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Martian: UM's New 2DD + 2BA Universal-only IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Sentey ThorX -best budget headphone ever! 8 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 8 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 9 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...