Look around man you can get them cheaper...depends on whether or not you think buying headphones from an amazon user who has only 1 rating is sketchy or not, if not there is a pair on amazon for like 310. But the d5ks will probably not disappoint, I would just think twice if you are gonna wear them around, the denons are cumbersome as **** and the cable is long enough to moor a ******* pirate ship with
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/20/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/20/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/20/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Not enough bass! Last post on 9/7/12 at 5:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
Looking for new bass headphones - Page 2post #16 of 547/18/12 at 2:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 547/18/12 at 2:16pmpost #18 of 547/18/12 at 2:18pm
^ yeah saw that, things fluctuate week by week...i got mine for 400...turns out they were like a lemon or something and the driver busted but they repaired them free and sent them back post hastepost #19 of 547/18/12 at 2:26pm
Have you thought about Grados? I hear they do really well with rock and metal. I'm not sure about the other genres, though. You may also want to invest in some kind of amp/DAC down the road, maybe something like a Fiio E17?post #20 of 547/18/12 at 3:40pm
Out of the DT770 Pro, ATH-m50, and the Ultrasone HFi 780, which one(s) do NOT require an amp to push the bass and sound overall right out of the box? I listen to mostly hip hop, alternative/rock, remixes. I want to be as portable as can be for 18 hr overseas flights and traveling. I'm not an audiophile so I don't need to squeeze every last bit out of my phones with extra amps, etc. Just want something that I can fold up and away, something that I can plug and play, and nod my head to. Will use them for movies as well.
The thing about the DT770 Pros are that they are Princess Leia HUGE and do not fold. So, those are a little out of my radar. Plus, as far as I've heard, you really need an amp to enjoy these cans cuz out of the box listening doesn't do them justice.post #21 of 547/19/12 at 11:56amThread Starterpost #22 of 547/19/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
The Ultrasone 780 is very portable, and folds, and is driven very well without an amp. Can't speak to the DT770, but Ultrasone over M50 for sure, in my opinion.post #23 of 547/22/12 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #24 of 547/23/12 at 7:14pmpost #25 of 547/24/12 at 10:08amQuote:
The D2000's are definitely outside of the stated budget.post #26 of 547/24/12 at 10:42amThread StarterQuote:
What I meant by my budget is I'd like to keep it below $250 but I'll spend up to $600 if it's really worth it. It seems like spending that extra cash does pay off so I've been leaning towards the D5000's.post #27 of 547/24/12 at 11:18ampost #28 of 547/24/12 at 11:21amQuote:
Nice, yeah, the D5000's will rock it man. Thanks for the clarification. Make sure you get a little something to drive them with though.post #29 of 547/24/12 at 11:33amThread Starter
- Looking for new bass headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 13 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 44 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Doubt about maximum impedance for my audio interface 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 6 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 8 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 9 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...