Ortofon Tips worked really well for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best for pop music in these 3 custom : heir audio 8A, UM merlin and UM miracle? Last post on 2/19/13 at 9:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 55post #811 of 8711/31/14 at 10:07pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 8712/1/14 at 5:35ampost #813 of 8712/1/14 at 8:50ampost #814 of 8712/2/14 at 8:55ampost #815 of 8712/2/14 at 9:41ampost #816 of 8712/2/14 at 10:15amQuote:
not sure about 33 ohms, I have tried a 75 ohm resistor before and it pushed the high end dramatically. It was too much and the sound became really peaky and un-listenable.post #817 of 8712/2/14 at 10:42amQuote:
yeah i read a review on the fitear and the ohm adapters and they did say that like 75 to 100 was too much. however they said 33ohm was pretty much perfect.post #818 of 8712/2/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
perfect as in a flat frequency response?
you should also worry about your sources and amps. The sound signature becomes warmer as the output impedance of your source decreases. To me, an output with an impedance of 3-4 sounds sounds pretty much perfect but as i switch over to my ipad2 (1.03 ohms), it sounds like a totally different iem.post #819 of 8712/2/14 at 3:33pmpost #820 of 8712/2/14 at 3:49pmQuote:
I tried the F111 with 33ohm and it was still too peaky for me, with clearly more treble emphasis than the ER4S to my ears. But then the F111 is very fit dependent ime, especially where the treble peaks are concerned. I could see someone with a different HRTF hearing the F111 + 33ohm as more similar to the ER4S.post #821 of 8712/2/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
I am in disbelief that cables matter.
My F111s was swapped between a whiplash and the 003 and I just cannot hear any differences.post #822 of 8712/2/14 at 8:34pmYeah cables are tricky. I have the er4pt with s adapter and I don't find the f111 to be anything like it I mean it kinda sounds like a er4s but seems more refined I listen closely but I can't really find a match that says they are in the same gene pool...I donnopost #823 of 8712/2/14 at 10:30pmQuote:Wait, what? :-P. You found a treble peak in the f111? I thought under "typical" fit that it sounded smooth but rolled off. Where did you hear a peak? Or was this only with the 33ohms?Originally Posted by gnarlsaganQuote:
I tried the F111 with 33ohm and it was still too peaky for me, with clearly more treble emphasis than the ER4S to my ears. But then the F111 is very fit dependent ime, especially where the treble peaks are concerned. I could see someone with a different HRTF hearing the F111 + 33ohm as more similar to the ER4S.post #824 of 8712/2/14 at 10:33pm
I use Ortofon tips with mine, too, in size M from MusicaAcoustics. I find they fit me better than the stock tips but my left side still feels a bit loose. I guess my left vs. right ear canals are a bit different in size.post #825 of 8712/3/14 at 12:01amQuote:
This was only with 33ohms.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 seconds ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 7 seconds ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 28 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 52 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 4 minutes ago
- › Good, Cheap Headphone Amp For Use With Laptop 4 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Studio Wanted 4 minutes ago
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear