Ortofon Tips worked really well for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best for pop music in these 3 custom : heir audio 8A, UM merlin and UM miracle? Last post on 2/19/13 at 9:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Disclaimer: This review was originally published at http://headflux.de/inear-prophile-8 on September 24, 2016 in German. We've been invited by InEar to test the prototype for the purpose of writing...
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 55post #811 of 8701/31/14 at 10:07pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 8702/1/14 at 5:35ampost #813 of 8702/1/14 at 8:50ampost #814 of 8702/2/14 at 8:55ampost #815 of 8702/2/14 at 9:41ampost #816 of 8702/2/14 at 10:15amQuote:
not sure about 33 ohms, I have tried a 75 ohm resistor before and it pushed the high end dramatically. It was too much and the sound became really peaky and un-listenable.post #817 of 8702/2/14 at 10:42amQuote:
yeah i read a review on the fitear and the ohm adapters and they did say that like 75 to 100 was too much. however they said 33ohm was pretty much perfect.post #818 of 8702/2/14 at 12:15pmQuote:
perfect as in a flat frequency response?
you should also worry about your sources and amps. The sound signature becomes warmer as the output impedance of your source decreases. To me, an output with an impedance of 3-4 sounds sounds pretty much perfect but as i switch over to my ipad2 (1.03 ohms), it sounds like a totally different iem.post #819 of 8702/2/14 at 3:33pmpost #820 of 8702/2/14 at 3:49pmQuote:
I tried the F111 with 33ohm and it was still too peaky for me, with clearly more treble emphasis than the ER4S to my ears. But then the F111 is very fit dependent ime, especially where the treble peaks are concerned. I could see someone with a different HRTF hearing the F111 + 33ohm as more similar to the ER4S.post #821 of 8702/2/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
I am in disbelief that cables matter.
My F111s was swapped between a whiplash and the 003 and I just cannot hear any differences.post #822 of 8702/2/14 at 8:34pmYeah cables are tricky. I have the er4pt with s adapter and I don't find the f111 to be anything like it I mean it kinda sounds like a er4s but seems more refined I listen closely but I can't really find a match that says they are in the same gene pool...I donnopost #823 of 8702/2/14 at 10:30pmQuote:Wait, what? :-P. You found a treble peak in the f111? I thought under "typical" fit that it sounded smooth but rolled off. Where did you hear a peak? Or was this only with the 33ohms?Originally Posted by gnarlsaganQuote:
I tried the F111 with 33ohm and it was still too peaky for me, with clearly more treble emphasis than the ER4S to my ears. But then the F111 is very fit dependent ime, especially where the treble peaks are concerned. I could see someone with a different HRTF hearing the F111 + 33ohm as more similar to the ER4S.post #824 of 8702/2/14 at 10:33pm
I use Ortofon tips with mine, too, in size M from MusicaAcoustics. I find they fit me better than the stock tips but my left side still feels a bit loose. I guess my left vs. right ear canals are a bit different in size.post #825 of 8702/3/14 at 12:01amQuote:
This was only with 33ohms.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 5 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 7 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 8 seconds ago
- › Just ordered the Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 headphones for 270 dollars... 33 seconds ago
- › iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are... 38 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear