- 1,863 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Orange County, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 8/28/14 at 8:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best for pop music in these 3 custom : heir audio 8A, UM merlin and UM miracle? Last post on 2/19/13 at 9:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 54post #796 of 84012/27/13 at 8:53pmI'll be putting my F111 on the fs forums shortly for $439 if anyone's interested. These are still in my all-time top three for sound quality. However Christmas was a bit more expensive than I anticipated this year lol. This pair is in pristine condition.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #797 of 84012/27/13 at 9:04pmpost #798 of 8401/26/14 at 7:53pmpost #799 of 8401/26/14 at 7:58pmQuote:
I found it worked very well without an amp. Not sure about the iphone 4s, but my ipod touch 5g powered it fine as well as my fuze...post #800 of 8401/26/14 at 8:02pmQuote:
I also think it sounds wonderful without an amp. I just want to know if there is any amp that can "improve" the sound out of curiosity; I'm planning to switch to the ZX1 soon (if I can get one), not sure if that would be a good pair.post #801 of 8401/26/14 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by KazeNg
I also think it sounds wonderful without an amp. I just want to know if there is any amp that can "improve" the sound out of curiosity; I'm planning to switch to the ZX1 soon (if I can get one), not sure if that would be a good pair.
I just meant that I have some nice amps and i didn't notice any noticeable difference personally. I compared them on a high end apogee audio interface, and a c5 headphone amp, which I consider very reference. Didn't really notice any major differences.post #802 of 8401/26/14 at 8:06pmQuote:
Thanks, so there's no need to get an amp for the F111. That's awesome.post #803 of 8401/27/14 at 2:42amQuote:
Definitely no need for an amp but I do hear differences with the Resonessence Labs Herus and with the Cypher Labs combo: solo-db>duet. The main differences being in headstaging, spaciousness, note thickness and imaging.post #804 of 8401/27/14 at 2:45am
For me the biggest change is the note thickening which just adds a lot more definition perception (I think it is just a perception thing).
I consider it as an improvement. Have not yet change the F111 cable but amping does alter the sound in a positive way in my book as well.post #805 of 8401/31/14 at 5:25am
I have a question, i just purchased the F111 becuase i read alot of reviews and i love the sound of the er4s, and i read that the FEF111 is a tribute to the er4s, but more refined. do most of you who have tried both fine that to be true?
Also, what tips work well with the FEF111?post #806 of 8401/31/14 at 8:28ampost #807 of 8401/31/14 at 8:43am
check i will be getting some of those.
on another note i went ahead and ordered a BTG_Audio Starlight Fitear Cable Sleeved With the Oyiade Rhodium 3.5mm RA plug what are your guys opinions on this cable how does it sound sonically with the F111? any changes or mearly looks? ive read reviews but people dont really go into the sonic aspect of it much wondered if anyone has a opinion on it.
i know from past expierences that BTG's cables are top notch as far as quality, just wondered how the starlight sounds with the F11 and if there are any improvements?post #808 of 8401/31/14 at 8:50ampost #809 of 8401/31/14 at 9:22amWell, my friends had a fitear 334, he own 000 cable. But now he used diy cable : Audionote Tonearms + viablue miniplug + Cardas HPSC. He said this diy cable is better than 000 in terms of sq.
I haven't try it with my 111 since I'm too busy too many order to work with.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)