Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 51

post #751 of 839
Do give the stock double flange eartip a try. I find that it helps to restore the treble and the soundstage by quite an amount.
post #752 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

I've used my own auvio double flanges, the vsonic doubles, and the extra long single flange from the meelec m11 tip set.

 

The problem is that it's warm for no apparent reason. It's almost as warm as the ASG-2 (minus the mid-bass of course), but I was just telling a buddy that it has neither the black background nor the enveloping stage of the G2.

 

I think the greater sense of space vs the Etys comes from the more laid back upper mids. I could achieve the same thing by EQing down the HF5 at around 2.5 khz.

 

It is more linear than the G2 in the treble though, which is nice because it doesn't have the spike at 10khz. I don't hear much more presence though.

 

 

Lusident, I think the fit troubles you had were because of the F111's tendency to form a vacuum seal. This would restrict the movement of the eardrum.

 

I find this very different from my own thoughts. I A/Bed the HF5 and the F111s when I had both (sadly the HF5s broke), and I thought the F111 was leaps and bounds above the HF5. Blacker background, more treble extension, tighter bass, and the biggest difference was a much greater soundstage and sense of space. I definitely didn't hear the huge amounts of warmth. I always thought of the F111 as just an improved HF5. And I love the HF5 too. To me, it's better than the ER4 (although I had fit problems with the ER4, very uncomfortable). Could be a tip difference though; I use Sony hybrids exclusively, never liked double flanges.

post #753 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin View Post
 

 

I find this very different from my own thoughts. I A/Bed the HF5 and the F111s when I had both (sadly the HF5s broke), and I thought the F111 was leaps and bounds above the HF5. Blacker background, more treble extension, tighter bass, and the biggest difference was a much greater soundstage and sense of space. I definitely didn't hear the huge amounts of warmth. I always thought of the F111 as just an improved HF5. And I love the HF5 too. To me, it's better than the ER4 (although I had fit problems with the ER4, very uncomfortable). Could be a tip difference though; I use Sony hybrids exclusively, never liked double flanges.

 

Believe me, I don't off at the mouth harshly about iems easily. I found it almost an insult that the F111 cost that much more than the Etys.
 
The HF5 is brighter (due to more present upper mids) and extends more than the F111. I don't hear tighter bass, I hear less bass with more warmth. The HF5 needs a good, deep fit to show what it's capable of. If you had fit problems with the ER4, I suspect the same with the HF5.
 
I'll keep playing with tips in the coming days.
post #754 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Believe me, I don't off at the mouth harshly about iems easily. I found it almost an insult that the F111 cost that much more than the Etys.
 
The HF5 is brighter (due to more present upper mids) and extends more than the F111. I don't hear tighter bass, I hear less bass with more warmth. The HF5 needs a good, deep fit to show what it's capable of. If you had fit problems with the ER4, I suspect the same with the HF5.
 
I'll keep playing with tips in the coming days.

It sound like he is hearing what I heard with the perfect fit. It seems you're not getting that and might not be able to. Not sure. With the fit right, if it were easy to achieve, I'd pay more than the er4s for it. The way it is now I'd take the er4s over it even at the same price, because it's hard to get that fit for me. They failed in the fit department...
post #755 of 839
I appreciate Eke's feedback. It seems like the F111 has a few different sound signatures depending on really minute changes in fit and ear structure. It's good for people to know this. I think the F111 has tremendous potential, but it's sound is a gamble it seems. To me it's warmer than the ER4S but with clearly more bass, sub-bass included. Mids are more consistent to me than with the ASG-2, meaning that on the F111 a low voice and a high voice retain similar timbre because of the linearity and lack of dips in the mids. A dip at 2k will affect different voices in different ways to my ears. Plus there is much less midbass bleed on the F111, which affects the lower mids a lot imo. My only complaint is lack of treble extension, even though it doesn't lose emphasis until after 10k to me.
post #756 of 839
Don't take this as my final thoughts. It was more a stream f consciousness/reaction to the F111.

I'll have more time to listen later
post #757 of 839

Hello greeting from MA

any one out there coming to Canjam at RMAF in October 11-13 ?

 It is a great chance to audition tons of world's leading manufacturers.

Here is the CAnjam AudioFest Thread 

I will bring lots of Universals, also If any one attending  wants to hear F111, drop me a line, I will try bringing one alone 

Looking forward to the meet

post #758 of 839
F111 graphs are up on golden ears.
post #759 of 839

I am not really happy with GE, they are keep crashing on ipod touch 5g.

post #760 of 839
Thread Starter 

Interesting differences.

 

Rin's graph:

 

 

 

Golden Ears' graph:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post
 

I am not really happy with GE, they are keep crashing on ipod touch 5g.

 

Be careful as Mr luisdent is a BIG fan of Golden Ears.


Edited by music_4321 - 9/24/13 at 1:32am
post #761 of 839

LOL, the GE guys, subjectively, pretty much hate the F111... check out the subjective sliders (compared to other stuff that's favorable)!

post #762 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Interesting differences.

Rin's graph:





Golden Ears' graph:





Be careful as Mr luisdent is a BIG fan of Golden Ears.

Yeah GE applies that 6dB bass compensation. Not sure how the small room x-curve compensation changes things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

LOL, the GE guys, subjectively, pretty much hate the F111... check out the subjective sliders (compared to other stuff that's favorable)!

Pretty bad! I wonder if they tried a shallow fit?
post #763 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Yeah GE applies that 6dB bass compensation. Not sure how the small room x-curve compensation changes things.
Pretty bad! I wonder if they tried a shallow fit?
GE is awesome and that graph proves it. :-P haha

That is an exact visual representation of what gnarlsagan, me and a few others have been describing. Warmer than the er4s (it shows more mid bass), less treble extension (it shows right where gnarlsagan describes it cutting off), and similar low sub bass vs er4s.

This is clearly the standard fit though as I heard it. My perfect fit was much less warm and further extended. As for the sliders, I don't go by their subjective sliders. Half of them don't even make sense as to what would seem to be opposites. But the fr is dead on.

If you consider the +6 bass the other graph you just posted is actually almost identical... Same small treble bumps, same cutoff, same bass shape, just less bass. Their other compensation seems to account for that dip at 8khz, which makes sense to me, because I don't hear any noticeable dip as the other graph suggests...
Edited by luisdent - 9/24/13 at 11:11am
post #764 of 839
Thread Starter 

^   Why is my instinctive / immediate reaction to the above post not to be convinced by the contents of it? At all.

 

EDIT: I guess part of that reaction may have something to do with something I posted 2.5 hrs ago in a different thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/554628/akg-k3003-high-end-3-way-system-headphone/1320#post_9830666


Edited by music_4321 - 9/24/13 at 11:29am
post #765 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

GE is awesome and that graph proves it. :-P haha

That is an exact visual representation of what gnarlsagan, me and a few others have been describing. Warmer than the er4s (it shows more mid bass), less treble extension (it shows right where gnarlsagan describes it cutting off), and similar low sub bass vs er4s.

This is clearly the standard fit though as I heard it. My perfect fit was much less warm and further extended. As for the sliders, I don't go by their subjective sliders. Half of them don't even make sense as to what would seem to be opposites. But the fr is dead on.

If you consider the +6 bass the other graph you just posted is actually almost identical... Same small treble bumps, same cutoff, same bass shape, just less bass. Their other compensation seems to account for that dip at 8khz, which makes sense to me, because I don't hear any noticeable dip as the other graph suggests...

I think GE has kind of a weird standard. The treble looks too pronounced at 9k compared to Rin's graph and to my ears. And I'm not sure I agree with GE's representation of bass. Rin's is closer to how I perceive the F111. The GE graphs looks closer to Rin's Olive-Welti compensation, still kind of off though.

rcmnd.png
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)