Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 44

post #646 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post  Guys I HIGHLY recommend the sennheiser large double flange tips. Super pliable and secure fit for me. The silicone is definitely softer than the Auvio or sony hybrid tips for example, and so it forms to the curve of the ear canal better. A guy is selling them on Ebay here.


I like using the Sennheiser medium double flanges for the 111; great tips --- pun intended.

post #647 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Guys I HIGHLY recommend the sennheiser large double flange tips. Super pliable and secure fit for me. The silicone is definitely softer than the Auvio or sony hybrid tips for example, and so it forms to the curve of the ear canal better. A guy is selling them on Ebay here.

Are they larger than the ortofons...my right ear canal is slightly larger so the seal with the ortofons is not optimal
post #648 of 840

@frapp2latte:
Seems I can't quote for some reason... anyhow...
Your best bet is probably to get them at Fujiya Avic and make sure you show them your passport for a tax free purchase... not going to be a HUGE difference since Japanese tax is only 5% (a far cry from the 15% in Quebec, Canada).
They're currently out of stock though... damn, lot's of Head-Fiers must have headed over to Japan during the past month/week. Last I checked there, they still had it in stock.

There aren't a lot of stores that carry it... unless you buy the AK100 bundle.

post #649 of 840

Got double Sennheiser tips M-size - they are terrible, doestn't isolate at all! Selfmade foam tips from Shure Black Foam are still the best.

post #650 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

@frapp2latte:
Seems I can't quote for some reason... anyhow...
Your best bet is probably to get them at Fujiya Avic and make sure you show them your passport for a tax free purchase... not going to be a HUGE difference since Japanese tax is only 5% (a far cry from the 15% in Quebec, Canada).
They're currently out of stock though... damn, lot's of Head-Fiers must have headed over to Japan during the past month/week. Last I checked there, they still had it in stock.

There aren't a lot of stores that carry it... unless you buy the AK100 bundle.

I'll be there by end of September so hopefully they'll have them in stock by then. smily_headphones1.gif And thanks for pointing out the tax-free option, almost forgot about that. 

post #651 of 840

Has anyone seen a side by side frequency graph of the er4s and f111?

post #652 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

Has anyone seen a side by side frequency graph of the er4s and f111?

Here.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/619034/fitear-f111-impressions-reviews-discussion-previously-to-go-111/195#post_9103841

post #653 of 840
LOL that graph is way off. ER4S OW compensated, blue: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLYbhdpCEAA_3I5.png:large F111 OW compensated, pink: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-e1k9tQRGZEg/UbBAlc83s9I/AAAAAAAAGdU/cZ4cGYJOkKM/s640/rcmnd.png
Edited by Inks - 8/7/13 at 2:15pm
post #654 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

LOL that graph is way off. ER4S OW compensated, blue: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLYbhdpCEAA_3I5.png:large F111 OW compensated, pink: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-e1k9tQRGZEg/UbBAlc83s9I/AAAAAAAAGdU/cZ4cGYJOkKM/s640/rcmnd.png

 

I believe that those graphs are official data from Fitear. (At least for AK100-111is)

 

http://www.iriver.jp/images/press/pdf/iriver_press20121109.pdf

post #655 of 840

The ER4S/111 is off, FitEar must use a 6cc coupler or something, even then, that ER4S just looks wrong, looks more like a ER4P

post #656 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

The ER4S/111 is off, FitEar must use a 6cc coupler or something, even then, that ER4S just looks wrong, looks more like a ER4P

Yes, my impression is that they didn't use standard measurement. Only information you would obtain from those graph is the similarity between those two.

post #657 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

Yes, my impression is that they didn't use standard measurement. Only information you would obtain from those graph is the similarity between those two.

 

Another issue though is that they're not nearly as similar as that graph would suggest. I want to know why Fitear's F111 graph shows so much treble extension. I can't get that much treble regardless of fit or impedance increase. I think they were clearly using some different prototype for this measurement.

post #658 of 840

I wish I had never put these in my ears...

post #659 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

The ER4S/111 is off, FitEar must use a 6cc coupler or something, even then, that ER4S just looks wrong, looks more like a ER4P


No FitEear uses standard equipments, most likely an IEC711 coupler. Last I checked it looked like a G.R.A.S

post #660 of 840

So far I've only had a few hours to listen, and I'm still adapting to the sound of the f111, however it is without a doubt one of the best IEMs I've ever heard.  In fact, I'm not sure if I prefer the er4s or the f111, but they are the top two in my book.

 

If I compare them with no EQ, the f111 wins in a lot of areas.  They have nearly perfect bass, better comfort and better soundstage.  They give possibly the best non-eq listening experience for an IEM.  However, they are not as even or extended as the er4s in the treble.  Don't get me wrong, the difference is small when you compare both of these to ANY other IEM I've heard.  However, the er4s is just treble master with red filters or green for that matter.  The er4s bass, even when at similar levels lacks something that the f111 has in the bass.  I'm not sure yet if it's the attack or texture or something, but I prefer the f111 bass.  However, the er4s has more airy openness up top.

 

The f111 still manages to pull out pretty much the same level of details, but just in a slightly warmer way and with a little less smoothness up top.  But again, this isn't a drastic difference really.  They both have an etymotic type sound to them.  The f11 just sounds more full and robust and bigger.  The er4s sound more open and analytical.  It's like your looking at an image and inspecting the details, where the f111 is a little more like the image is 3d or at least the image is more immersive.

 

The f111 winds hands down in comfort and typical user features.  The cable is excellent and feels great.  The tips are nice and don't require any ear bleeding at first.  However, the er4s still wins in isolation.  The f111 is very good, but the ety is just insane.  I have a loud a/c unit in my living room.  Loud.  The etymotic literally blocks it all.  I can't tell if it's on with the deep silicon fit I get.  The f111 blocks it so that all I hear is a very faint hum.  Enough to know it's on, but not interfere with the music really.  So I wouldn't avoid them if you want great isolation.  They are great.  But the etys are greater. haha.

 

I'll post more as I listen more.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)