Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 39

post #571 of 839

Glad to hear that.

Hope you can find something that suits your taste from their inventory
 

post #572 of 839

Ahh, exchange. I hope all works out well. 

post #573 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

Ahh, exchange. I hope all works out well. 

I hope you can help me...I have just ordered the fitear F111 and want to know where I can get replacement tips from?....do the ortofon silicone tips fit?
I ordered them from musicaacoustics and was wondering about their typical lead times...on the website it said out of stock but it also says that manufacturers like fitears get stocked quickly...what is your experience of this?
post #574 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat9486 View Post


I hope you can help me...I have just ordered the fitear F111 and want to know where I can get replacement tips from?....do the ortofon silicone tips fit?
I ordered them from musicaacoustics and was wondering about their typical lead times...on the website it said out of stock but it also says that manufacturers like fitears get stocked quickly...what is your experience of this?

 

I imagine Ortofon tips should be fine. I use Sony Hybrids and they fit fine; if I remember correctly, Ortofon tips are only slightly wider than the Hybrids so they should work.

 

Can't help with the second question though.

post #575 of 839
Thanks for the recommendation..
post #576 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat9486 View Post


I hope you can help me...I have just ordered the fitear F111 and want to know where I can get replacement tips from?....do the ortofon silicone tips fit?
I ordered them from musicaacoustics and was wondering about their typical lead times...on the website it said out of stock but it also says that manufacturers like fitears get stocked quickly...what is your experience of this?

I use the ortofon on TG334 and Parterre (which has the same flange size as the 111). It is a great fit. As for musica's relationship with FitEar and lead times, I have no idea. I know that Dimitri jumps for great big ticket items like the 111 and ToGo so he may have them in soon. Why not ask him in email?

post #577 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat9486 View Post


I hope you can help me...I have just ordered the fitear F111 and want to know where I can get replacement tips from?....do the ortofon silicone tips fit?
I ordered them from musicaacoustics and was wondering about their typical lead times...on the website it said out of stock but it also says that manufacturers like fitears get stocked quickly...what is your experience of this?

 

The Ortofon tips will fit, but their sizes are a bit on the "smaller" side.

So a size M Ortofon tips will be smaller than a similar size Heir, UE, V-Moda, stock FitEar tips etc and the L size will be somewhere in between of M to L size for the other "standard size" tips.

post #578 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post

 

The Ortofon tips will fit, but their sizes are a bit on the "smaller" side.

So a size M Ortofon tips will be smaller than a similar size Heir, UE, V-Moda, stock FitEar tips etc and the L size will be somewhere in between of M to L size for the other "standard size" tips.

 

Since most L-sized tips are too small for me, I guess it rules out Ortofon tips for me. I was wondering about that, with all the praise heaped upon them. frown.gif


Edited by Sinocelt - 7/8/13 at 5:13am
post #579 of 839

Call me crazy but I prefer 111 over 334 now. Easier on my ears.

post #580 of 839

I definitely preferred the 111.  If you're crazy, we both belong in an institution.

post #581 of 839
Thread Starter 

Ah, but that's only because none of you has tried the FI-BA-SS! (or FI-BA-SB, for that matter)

post #582 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post

Call me crazy but I prefer 111 over 334 now. Easier on my ears.

Do you prefer 111 only for the fit? I am considering selling my 334 because of fit issues and considering 111.
post #583 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by utdeep View Post

I definitely preferred the 111.  If you're crazy, we both belong in an institution.

 

We must be "special" lol.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Ah, but that's only because none of you has tried the FI-BA-SS! (or FI-BA-SB, for that matter)

 

Never had a chance to try one myself :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydonia View Post


Do you prefer 111 only for the fit? I am considering selling my 334 because of fit issues and considering 111.

 

334 fits very nicely. I just prefer 111's sound signature over 334's. Sometimes less is better!

post #584 of 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Ah, but that's only because none of you has tried the FI-BA-SS! (or FI-BA-SB, for that matter)

I had the A1! It had audible distortion. I really liked the FR, but it sounded smoothed over, like a net was catching some of the detail.
post #585 of 839
I would say the 111's fit is dangerous. It can definitely be plugged into larger ears very easily. I also think it is fairly easy to get a good seal. However, I ended up plugging the 111 too far down my ear canal and I was in pain for two weeks. It was scary.

I'm getting the 111 again but I will use Ortofon tips.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)