Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!! - Page 5

post #61 of 188

so...

just wanna know now if there have been changes in the sq of the sony f series.

is this better than x in terms of sq alone?

 
post #62 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/46547/sony-walkman-f800-arrives-with-ice-cream-sandwich

 

Looks great in the images. Much more manageable size than the Z. Sure hope it comes to the US in 32gb.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644871536&N=4294940721

 

available for preorder on u.s. sony website

post #63 of 188

 

Awesome. I'm soooo getting one! The smaller form factor than the Z, the better battery life (sony site states 36 hours for audio), all make for what seems to be an ideal replacement for my X.


Edited by cn11 - 7/31/12 at 8:46pm
post #64 of 188

Sound Mode : 
DSEE (On/Off); 
5-band equalizer (None/Heavy/Pop/Jazz/Unique/Custom 1/Custom 2) ; 
VPT (Studio/Live/Club/Arena/Matrix); 
Clear Stereo (On/Off); 
Dynamic Normalizer (On/Off); 
xLOUD (On/Off); 
Clear Phase (On/Off)

 

Whats all this mumbo jumbo? I'd probably just go with the default settings. 


Edited by ringyring - 7/31/12 at 8:18pm
post #65 of 188

If the F800 only comes in 32GB max it is not going to be the best out there. X1060 was 32GB and that was released a good few years ago.

post #66 of 188
 

Just wondering, for those that have the Z Walkman...will FLAC play on it with a different music app installed? I see the mentions of the F Walkman having FLAC support, and it made me wonder about the Z. 

post #67 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

If the F800 only comes in 32GB max it is not going to be the best out there. X1060 was 32GB and that was released a good few years ago.

 

Best in what regard? Capacity & combination of features?... or sound quality? It's a bit hard to speculate on right now especially in SQ. But with the S-master MX internal amp and android it should be a more user rich player than the X, especially if you can put player apps on it like poweramp and rockbox. Yes, if it would come with 64GB, and/or removable memory card, then it would be much better. 

post #68 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

 

Best in what regard? Capacity & combination of features?... or sound quality? It's a bit hard to speculate on right now especially in SQ. But with the S-master MX internal amp and android it should be a more user rich player than the X, especially if you can put player apps on it like poweramp and rockbox. Yes, if it would come with 64GB, and/or removable memory card, then it would be much better. 

 

Best in the field of storage, that was the only thing I judged, as there is no information about any other aspect.

post #69 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Just wondering, for those that have the Z Walkman...will FLAC play on it with a different music app installed? I see the mentions of the F Walkman having FLAC support, and it made me wonder about the Z. 

 

Yes, mine can play Flac via poweramp app.  But the F might be able to handle it natively with Sony original app.  Will be interesting with the new release but seriously though 32 GB is not cutting it.  I didn't see anything on Sony Japan site.  Really wonder if this will be an international released only or not.

post #70 of 188

the WM-Z is a step-up from the WM-X, though the WM-X is legendry.

 

I'm hoping Sony do an update for the WM-Z otherwise what was the point?

post #71 of 188
post #72 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

 

Best in the field of storage, that was the only thing I judged, as there is no information about any other aspect.

 

Ah, got it.. As long as it sounds as good as or a touch better than the X (significantly better would be great!), I'd be content!

post #73 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

Ah, got it.. As long as it sounds as good as or a touch better than the X (significantly better would be great!), I'd be content!

 

No difference if SQ is good or not if I can not put enough music on it to realy enjoy it :(

post #74 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

 

Ah, got it.. As long as it sounds as good as or a touch better than the X (significantly better would be great!), I'd be content!

 

The key is not to buy the Euro models as many have found the US versions to sound better.

 

 

Quote:

No difference if SQ is good or not if I can not put enough music on it to realy enjoy it :(

 

That is very true.  Are you using 320 kbps files?


Edited by purk - 8/1/12 at 8:01am
post #75 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

 

The key is not to buy the Euro models as many have found the US versions to sound better.

 

 

That is very true.  Are you using 320 kbps files?

Yeah, so far the US never officially got any 64GB models, so we go back to problem 1 - capacity.

 

Yes, I use 320kbps files. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!!