Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!! - Page 3

post #31 of 188

Wonder if there will be the F807 released exclusively in the Japanese market wtih 64GB of memory.  To be honest though, I'm sick and tired of Sony maxing out their players at 32 GB.  C'mon, how about a 128 GB version for around $600 with S-master MX tech and Flac support?

post #32 of 188

Sadly I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Sony just doesn't seem interested in releasing the 64GB models here. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

Wonder if there will be the F807 released exclusively in the Japanese market wtih 64GB of memory.  To be honest though, I'm sick and tired of Sony maxing out their players at 32 GB.  C'mon, how about a 128 GB version for around $600 with S-master MX tech and Flac support?

post #33 of 188

I have been avoiding Sony players since they don't have a card slot. I  like to buy players for under $100 which have good podcast support, with support of low bitrate files. Sony players don't seem to support mp3 files less than 32 kbps.

post #34 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsupremous View Post

Sadly I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Sony just doesn't seem interested in releasing the 64GB models here. 

Their business model is just plain suck, but their products especially those with S-master Pro MX sound so good without the need of additional amplification.  At this rate, my A867 Jap will never be replaced for another year.

 

BTW, I can understand that they don't want to add the microSD slot, but not offering anything beyond 32 GB is just plain wrong.  iPod touch 64GB sells very well.


Edited by purk - 7/25/12 at 7:19am
post #35 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post

I have been avoiding Sony players since they don't have a card slot. I  like to buy players for under $100 which have good podcast support, with support of low bitrate files. Sony players don't seem to support mp3 files less than 32 kbps.

 

I suspect you are the only person here (and possibly anywhere) worried about that.wink.gif

post #36 of 188

Yeah, cause I need a Sony for all those mono voice podcasts I can't bear to part with ;)

post #37 of 188

no external music buttons? meh.

post #38 of 188

The new players hit the Sony website.  The F series has an expected release date in late August.  They are FINALLY going to release gapless playback!  Granted its only in Linear PCM format currently, but hopefully that will change soon. 

 

They also priced the 32GB directly in line with the Ipod touch.  It's like watching a baby takes its first step!! 

post #39 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

I suspect you are the only person here (and possibly anywhere) worried about that.wink.gif

There are still a number of podcasts and lectures on the net at 16 or 24kbps. I hate the idea of having to convert them to 32kbps so they would play on a player. I guess most audiobooks are now at 32kbps or higher, although some bible series may still be at 16 kbps or 24 kbps.

post #40 of 188

Price has just been added to the site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-f-series/nwz-f805

 

£209 for the 16GB model. Pretty expensive given the 8GB Samsung Galaxy S 4.2 is £160 with expandable memory slot!!! :(

post #41 of 188

^^Haven't found anyone on the forum yet that has the Galaxy 4.2 that can do a good review to see how it compares against the likes of the Ipod and Walkman.  Saw a couple of clips on youtube but that's a really small sample size. 

post #42 of 188

I am keeping track of the Samsung Galaxy 3.6 8GB. When the price gets under $100 I might buy one.

post #43 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post

I am keeping track of the Samsung Galaxy 3.6 8GB. When the price gets under $100 I might buy one.

 

You should be looking at the 4.2....it has a swappable battery and you can buy spare batteries and charger.  The 3.6 is the worst of the series.

post #44 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisman View Post

Price has just been added to the site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-f-series/nwz-f805

 

£209 for the 16GB model. Pretty expensive given the 8GB Samsung Galaxy S 4.2 is £160 with expandable memory slot!!! :(

They forgot to list that this particular model will suffer from the dreadful Euro Volume Cap.

post #45 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

They forgot to list that this particular model will suffer from the dreadful Euro Volume Cap.

Actually having experienced a A860 series player, I doubt the volume will be an issue.

Sony's lost the plot with the both the product design & pricing; why on earth would purchase this when you can purchase an android powered Sony mobile phone for far less.

It's a product without a real market, whilst it'll play FLAC it's pointless, because it's been crippled with only 16gb.

What were the Sony Design & marketing team thinking about when they came up with this lemon, now if it had been given 32gb of storage for the same price I think differently of it!

But really 16gb, why Sony?


.
Edited by maporter - 7/26/12 at 11:57am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!!