Wonder if there will be the F807 released exclusively in the Japanese market wtih 64GB of memory. To be honest though, I'm sick and tired of Sony maxing out their players at 32 GB. C'mon, how about a 128 GB version for around $600 with S-master MX tech and Flac support?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon Z2-32BL 3.7-Inch AMOLED 800 x 480 Capacitive Touchscreen MP3 Playertagged by System, 7/21/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 7/21/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 7/21/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/21/12
- productSONY Android WALKMAN Z-1000 Series 64GB | NW-Z1070-B Black (Japan Model)tagged by System, 7/21/12
Related Forum Threads
- What portable players do wifi? Last post on 8/30/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- A good DAP that sounds better than the Zune HD. Last post on 6/16/13 at 5:52am in Portable Source Gear
- J3 or Z2 or something else? Last post on 7/17/12 at 10:16am in Portable Source Gear
- Best/closest Cowon S9 replacement Last post on 8/14/12 at 11:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!! - Page 3post #31 of 1887/24/12 at 11:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1887/25/12 at 2:35am
Sadly I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Sony just doesn't seem interested in releasing the 64GB models here.Quote:post #33 of 1887/25/12 at 4:41am
I have been avoiding Sony players since they don't have a card slot. I like to buy players for under $100 which have good podcast support, with support of low bitrate files. Sony players don't seem to support mp3 files less than 32 kbps.post #34 of 1887/25/12 at 7:16amQuote:
Their business model is just plain suck, but their products especially those with S-master Pro MX sound so good without the need of additional amplification. At this rate, my A867 Jap will never be replaced for another year.
BTW, I can understand that they don't want to add the microSD slot, but not offering anything beyond 32 GB is just plain wrong. iPod touch 64GB sells very well.
Edited by purk - 7/25/12 at 7:19ampost #35 of 1887/25/12 at 8:34amQuote:
I suspect you are the only person here (and possibly anywhere) worried about that.post #36 of 1887/25/12 at 8:39ampost #37 of 1887/25/12 at 9:44ampost #38 of 1887/26/12 at 4:54am
The new players hit the Sony website. The F series has an expected release date in late August. They are FINALLY going to release gapless playback! Granted its only in Linear PCM format currently, but hopefully that will change soon.
They also priced the 32GB directly in line with the Ipod touch. It's like watching a baby takes its first step!!post #39 of 1887/26/12 at 6:34amQuote:
There are still a number of podcasts and lectures on the net at 16 or 24kbps. I hate the idea of having to convert them to 32kbps so they would play on a player. I guess most audiobooks are now at 32kbps or higher, although some bible series may still be at 16 kbps or 24 kbps.post #40 of 1887/26/12 at 6:53am
Price has just been added to the site:
£209 for the 16GB model. Pretty expensive given the 8GB Samsung Galaxy S 4.2 is £160 with expandable memory slot!!! :(post #41 of 1887/26/12 at 7:49am
^^Haven't found anyone on the forum yet that has the Galaxy 4.2 that can do a good review to see how it compares against the likes of the Ipod and Walkman. Saw a couple of clips on youtube but that's a really small sample size.post #42 of 1887/26/12 at 9:07ampost #43 of 1887/26/12 at 9:27amQuote:
You should be looking at the 4.2....it has a swappable battery and you can buy spare batteries and charger. The 3.6 is the worst of the series.post #44 of 1887/26/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Krisman
Price has just been added to the site:
£209 for the 16GB model. Pretty expensive given the 8GB Samsung Galaxy S 4.2 is £160 with expandable memory slot!!! :(
They forgot to list that this particular model will suffer from the dreadful Euro Volume Cap.post #45 of 1887/26/12 at 11:34amQuote:
Actually having experienced a A860 series player, I doubt the volume will be an issue.
Sony's lost the plot with the both the product design & pricing; why on earth would purchase this when you can purchase an android powered Sony mobile phone for far less.
It's a product without a real market, whilst it'll play FLAC it's pointless, because it's been crippled with only 16gb.
What were the Sony Design & marketing team thinking about when they came up with this lemon, now if it had been given 32gb of storage for the same price I think differently of it!
But really 16gb, why Sony?
Edited by maporter - 7/26/12 at 11:57am
- SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!!
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Philips Fidelio L2 2 seconds ago
- › The NEW ATH-CKS1000.. 9 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › Need help: Bifrost & Asgard 2 just came in... and I'm not getting... 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital