Wonder if there will be the F807 released exclusively in the Japanese market wtih 64GB of memory. To be honest though, I'm sick and tired of Sony maxing out their players at 32 GB. C'mon, how about a 128 GB version for around $600 with S-master MX tech and Flac support?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon Z2-32BL 3.7-Inch AMOLED 800 x 480 Capacitive Touchscreen MP3 Playertagged by System, 7/21/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 7/21/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 7/21/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/21/12
- productSONY Android WALKMAN Z-1000 Series 64GB | NW-Z1070-B Black (Japan Model)tagged by System, 7/21/12
Related Forum Threads
- What portable players do wifi? Last post on 8/30/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- A good DAP that sounds better than the Zune HD. Last post on 6/16/13 at 5:52am in Portable Source Gear
- J3 or Z2 or something else? Last post on 7/17/12 at 10:16am in Portable Source Gear
- Best/closest Cowon S9 replacement Last post on 8/14/12 at 11:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!! - Page 3post #31 of 1887/24/12 at 11:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1887/25/12 at 2:35am
Sadly I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Sony just doesn't seem interested in releasing the 64GB models here.Quote:post #33 of 1887/25/12 at 4:41am
I have been avoiding Sony players since they don't have a card slot. I like to buy players for under $100 which have good podcast support, with support of low bitrate files. Sony players don't seem to support mp3 files less than 32 kbps.post #34 of 1887/25/12 at 7:16amQuote:
Their business model is just plain suck, but their products especially those with S-master Pro MX sound so good without the need of additional amplification. At this rate, my A867 Jap will never be replaced for another year.
BTW, I can understand that they don't want to add the microSD slot, but not offering anything beyond 32 GB is just plain wrong. iPod touch 64GB sells very well.
Edited by purk - 7/25/12 at 7:19ampost #35 of 1887/25/12 at 8:34amQuote:
I suspect you are the only person here (and possibly anywhere) worried about that.post #36 of 1887/25/12 at 8:39ampost #37 of 1887/25/12 at 9:44ampost #38 of 1887/26/12 at 4:54am
The new players hit the Sony website. The F series has an expected release date in late August. They are FINALLY going to release gapless playback! Granted its only in Linear PCM format currently, but hopefully that will change soon.
They also priced the 32GB directly in line with the Ipod touch. It's like watching a baby takes its first step!!post #39 of 1887/26/12 at 6:34amQuote:
There are still a number of podcasts and lectures on the net at 16 or 24kbps. I hate the idea of having to convert them to 32kbps so they would play on a player. I guess most audiobooks are now at 32kbps or higher, although some bible series may still be at 16 kbps or 24 kbps.post #40 of 1887/26/12 at 6:53am
Price has just been added to the site:
£209 for the 16GB model. Pretty expensive given the 8GB Samsung Galaxy S 4.2 is £160 with expandable memory slot!!! :(post #41 of 1887/26/12 at 7:49am
^^Haven't found anyone on the forum yet that has the Galaxy 4.2 that can do a good review to see how it compares against the likes of the Ipod and Walkman. Saw a couple of clips on youtube but that's a really small sample size.post #42 of 1887/26/12 at 9:07ampost #43 of 1887/26/12 at 9:27amQuote:
You should be looking at the 4.2....it has a swappable battery and you can buy spare batteries and charger. The 3.6 is the worst of the series.post #44 of 1887/26/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Krisman
Price has just been added to the site:
£209 for the 16GB model. Pretty expensive given the 8GB Samsung Galaxy S 4.2 is £160 with expandable memory slot!!! :(
They forgot to list that this particular model will suffer from the dreadful Euro Volume Cap.post #45 of 1887/26/12 at 11:34amQuote:
Actually having experienced a A860 series player, I doubt the volume will be an issue.
Sony's lost the plot with the both the product design & pricing; why on earth would purchase this when you can purchase an android powered Sony mobile phone for far less.
It's a product without a real market, whilst it'll play FLAC it's pointless, because it's been crippled with only 16gb.
What were the Sony Design & marketing team thinking about when they came up with this lemon, now if it had been given 32gb of storage for the same price I think differently of it!
But really 16gb, why Sony?
Edited by maporter - 7/26/12 at 11:57am
- SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FOSTEX TH-600 for sale 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 4 minutes ago
- › CanOpener? 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkmans [Cassette/AM/FM]. Models WM-FS420 & WM-AF28 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob