Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics AS-2's - Like being a kid in a candy store with a bag full of quarters
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Aurisonics AS-2's - Like being a kid in a candy store with a bag full of quarters - Page 10

post #136 of 289
Tinyman you are awesome redface.gif

The ER4S will be more neutral than the hf5 with less treble and actually less bass. I too have a hard time believing that little bass is percieved as accurately neutral, but that's a different discussion. It's more important/efficient to compare iems like the AS2 and hf2 accurately than debate the definitions we use. Describing comparative perceived frequency responses is the easiest way to do it. "Bass at 'y' frequency is more emphasized in 'x' iem as evidenced by this instrument in this track."

Without comparisons these reviews can be very difficult imo. Drawing FR graphs is actually a really good idea.
post #137 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Tinyman you are awesome redface.gif

The ER4S will be more neutral than the hf5 with less treble and actually less bass. I too have a hard time believing that little bass is percieved as accurately neutral, but that's a different discussion. It's more important/efficient to compare iems like the AS2 and hf2 accurately than debate the definitions we use. Describing comparative perceived frequency responses is the easiest way to do it. "Bass at 'y' frequency is more emphasized in 'x' iem as evidenced by this instrument in this track."

Without comparisons these reviews can be very difficult imo. Drawing FR graphs is actually a really good idea.

I kind of feel we already attempt to draw a freq graph with our words. A drawing does enforce it though smily_headphones1.gif but do think about it. Each of our descriptive word does correspond to a certain pattern(s) in an FR graph. Texture generally being a bump in the lower frequencies (or conversely slower decay, or both). Clarity is generally regarded as a small bump in the upper midrange. Dynamics compares peaks (ratios) within an FR graph to each other in a way. When we talk about treble splash, we see a bump in the highs. Sure, we aren't talking specifically about x Hz, or y kHz, but the estimate is close enough smily_headphones1.gif in a way, the sound description is a way for the reviewer to attempt to pain what the FR graph looks like to him, but indirectly using figurative language and jargon. If done correctly, it works wonderfully.

Of course you can only describe a Picasso so far before you need to see the actual thing. A reprint might do some justice, but still doesn't beat the real thing tongue.gif

(Picasso being the headphone, description being our figurative words (in glossary), reprint being a redrawn FR graph (no matter how close it is, it isn't it).)


Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message tongue.gif
post #138 of 289
For custom and universal IEM with this size and weight, are they suitable for basic exercise activities such as running or exercise indoor dygm at 24 hours fitness? Do they fall out easily cause by sweating or movement of the muscles from the ear, etc..?
post #139 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by magi44ken View Post

For custom and universal IEM with this size and weight, are they suitable for basic exercise activities such as running or exercise indoor dygm at 24 hours fitness? Do they fall out easily cause by sweating or movement of the muscles from the ear, etc..?

Customs generally won't fall out. Universals depend on the specific model. Aurisonics and most other over ear and deep insertions will be stable as well.


Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message tongue.gif
post #140 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

I thought all Heir Audio IEM's were tuned for a neutral response....Anyways, their is something to note, Since owning the AS-2's I have not really felt curious to hear anything else besides maybe future Aurisonics products, which Dale has yet to let me in on any or if I'll be able to hear them before others. Listening to the Heir Audio 4.Ai would be more for giving comparisons than for my own curiosity

From the various Heir Audio threads that I have read, the 4.A and 4.Ai is for neutral while 3.A and 3.Ai is for fun. And the 8.A combines neutral and fun together.
post #141 of 289
Thread Starter 

Wanna post a link? I don't see any Blak Rhodium pictures. The only black ones are the Black with Red Accents I have on order for my AS-1's. That most certainly is not Black Rhodium as black rhodium will be shiny, that has more of a matte effect to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

As for more pictures, I can't post this one myself as I don't own it.  So look towards their Facebook.  It's in their wall photos album.  The one in the center is most likely the Black Rhodium :)  Looks to be a wood one too!  Such beauty really :)  

 

The Hyper-Coating will alleviate any issues you would have. Mine stay in perfectly without it, but the hyper coating is meant to be a feature that will allow the seal to stay even while chewing on food or doing anything else. You won;t really need the hyper coating, but it's supposedly nice as a feature. I'll post back later if I decide to go through with having that added to my set, it's been a point of great inner turmoil for me as I don't wanna mess with something so perfect for me already, yet that is how they are supposed to come.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magi44ken View Post

For custom and universal IEM with this size and weight, are they suitable for basic exercise activities such as running or exercise indoor dygm at 24 hours fitness? Do they fall out easily cause by sweating or movement of the muscles from the ear, etc..?
 

Edited by kenman345 - 8/11/12 at 4:32am
post #142 of 289
Thanks for the info, tinyman392 and kenman345. At least I have an option here. Normally I don't like deep insertion. For some strange reason, my ear is pretty sensitive to pressure. Hope this will not be a problem and just maybe I have to get use to it and it might go away.
Edited by magi44ken - 8/11/12 at 5:58am
post #143 of 289
Thread Starter 

The AS-2's dont go as deep as a normal CIEM would, this is because of the hyper coating. Other companies have options to have short canals though, so you have other options as well. Good luck with your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magi44ken View Post

Thanks for the info, tinyman392 and kenman345. At least I have an option here. Normally I don't like deep insertion. For some strange reason, my ear is pretty sensitive to pressure. Hope this will not be a problem and just maybe I have to get use to it and it might go away.
post #144 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Wanna post a link? I don't see any Blak Rhodium pictures. The only black ones are the Black with Red Accents I have on order for my AS-1's. That most certainly is not Black Rhodium as black rhodium will be shiny, that has more of a matte effect to it.

 

The Hyper-Coating will alleviate any issues you would have. Mine stay in perfectly without it, but the hyper coating is meant to be a feature that will allow the seal to stay even while chewing on food or doing anything else. You won;t really need the hyper coating, but it's supposedly nice as a feature. I'll post back later if I decide to go through with having that added to my set, it's been a point of great inner turmoil for me as I don't wanna mess with something so perfect for me already, yet that is how they are supposed to come.

 

 

Oh, OK.  Well, all the photos were computer generated, so IDK if the shine was taken out or something.  My bad there.  

post #145 of 289
Thread Starter 

Well let me make it simple, Black Rhodium is on the plates, that picture you see has black on the shells. That will cost slightly more i believe. Not 100% sure though. Pricing structure is all messed up for me with getting it on AS-1's and the posts made by Aurisonics about the Black Rhodium pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Oh, OK.  Well, all the photos were computer generated, so IDK if the shine was taken out or something.  My bad there.  

post #146 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Well let me make it simple, Black Rhodium is on the plates, that picture you see has black on the shells. That will cost slightly more i believe. Not 100% sure though. Pricing structure is all messed up for me with getting it on AS-1's and the posts made by Aurisonics about the Black Rhodium pricing.

 

OK.  

post #147 of 289

It would be great if AS  give us some pics of their full range of customs options/ colors etc

on web site?

post #148 of 289
Thread Starter 

Eventually it may come. They are working on filling orders first, then they will be updating the website with pricing and options. Not sure if they will have an image of all the different ones, but there should be a drop-down menu and a few pictures of different options up on the website at some point. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post

It would be great if AS  give us some pics of their full range of customs options/ colors etc

on web site?

post #149 of 289

I must agree with Maguire.  Since Day 1, I've been wondering why there was no picture.  They look stunning, so I see no reason or fault to include a picture of the various options as opposed to offering digital pictures, which seem dull in comparison.  I know they're busy, but if they have the time to upload videos and pictures of new artists joining their "team", they could at the least show pictures.  People are investing a considerable sum and I'm positively sure pictures would increase revenue and sales.

post #150 of 289
Thread Starter 

As far as I'm aware, they havent done every type of customization (that they will have) yet. They would need to not only make a set of each, but also get a photographer to come in and take pictures. It takes time. Dale makes renders instead that are hybrids of digital renderings and pictures so that they look as best as possible. They havent even updated the price, you want pictures too? Just wait, sorry it's taking so long but it's because they are busy, not because they don't care or anything like that. Once again, sorry, but the keyword is patience. 

 

EDIT: Also, do you notice that most of those pictures are more snapshots then actual photographs. The same goes for the video it wasn't exactly something they prepared. Besides if they don't do it well it may create the opposite affect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassadian View Post

I must agree with Maguire.  Since Day 1, I've been wondering why there was no picture.  They look stunning, so I see no reason or fault to include a picture of the various options as opposed to offering digital pictures, which seem dull in comparison.  I know they're busy, but if they have the time to upload videos and pictures of new artists joining their "team", they could at the least show pictures.  People are investing a considerable sum and I'm positively sure pictures would increase revenue and sales.


Edited by kenman345 - 8/11/12 at 8:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Aurisonics AS-2's - Like being a kid in a candy store with a bag full of quarters