Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › IMPRESSIONS: Montréal August 25th 2012 Head-Fi Meet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IMPRESSIONS: Montréal August 25th 2012 Head-Fi Meet - Page 3  

Poll Results: Rate your experience! (you can vote 3+2 stars and it becomes a 2.5 stars vote)

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 50% (8)
    3 stars: I had a lot of fun and it was totally worth the time and effort to get there with all my gear! It opened up my perspective about high-end headphones and I met awesome people; I will surely come back next similar time
  • 0% (0)
    2 stars: pleasurable, I met with cool people and discovered new gear, I might attend the next Montréal meet/event or not
  • 0% (0)
    1 stars: was good, but kind of less exciting than I thought, considering all the effort to organize, find a room, and transport my stuff. I have my reservations whether I'll return or not in the future
  • 25% (4)
    Hypothetical 3 stars: I was close to the location but because of work and/or other obligations I couldn't attend; saddens me a bit
  • 25% (4)
    Nothing, I do not even live in Canada nor am located in the same province! I came here to read impressions and possibly see people's photos
16 Total Votes  
post #31 of 82
Thread Starter 

Kim's first impression post is certainly awesome :P and superb at relaying the experience of a smaller/comfier scale, friendly Head-Fi meet, from a first-timer's perspective. I'm glad it worked out well the way all of you are telling.

 

I certainly never expected we'd end up with such high-end gear, quite much variety in brands, a small contest/draw, a cake, when we --me, Glitched, and KimLaroux-- first wanted to get together in that old thread, previously unnoticed.

 


Edited by devouringone3 - 8/27/12 at 8:07pm
post #32 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

Not sure of an LCD2 pairing with the EF6 confused_face.gif

 

The Bryston (or from current impressions, the mjolnir) seem the way to go

 

I sort of feel like a terrible person for typing this... but the LCD-2 was still a bit bright for me and the highs seemed just a biiit rough. I guess I like super dark sound sigs and it's been making upgrading pretty tough! I love love loved what the EF6 did to my ESW9 and those are already pretty bassy with rolled off treble. Not quite sure where to go from here but I think a good tube amp is probably my best bet.

post #33 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by PretentiousFood View Post

I sort of feel like a terrible person for typing this... but the LCD-2 was still a bit bright for me and the highs seemed just a biiit rough. I guess I like super dark sound sigs and it's been making upgrading pretty tough! I love love loved what the EF6 did to my ESW9 and those are already pretty bassy with rolled off treble. Not quite sure where to go from here but I think a good tube amp is probably my best bet.

If you like rolled off treble than I guess a tube amp is definitely for you.
Personally I found the LCD2 to be too congested/dull with a tube amp while the HD800 softens up just enough to be more musical with a good tube amp.
post #34 of 82

IMO there was a huge difference between the rev1 and rev2 LCD2s at the meet; the r1 is a little too dark, and the r2 a little too aggressive. The LCD3s were just right in the treble.

post #35 of 82
Still can't get the files over >.> Very aggravating.
post #36 of 82

Can't you find a PC at your school that has a Firewire port? My 5 years old Dell laptop has a Firewire port. confused_face(1).gif

 

And how comes the school doesn't already have the equipment to copy over the footage from the camera? I would have expected them to offer the service as a prerequisite for the use of the camera. A camera that can't transfer it's recording over is as useless as a camera can be.

post #37 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimLaroux View Post

Can't you find a PC at your school that has a Firewire port? My 5 years old Dell laptop has a Firewire port. confused_face(1).gif

And how comes the school doesn't already have the equipment to copy over the footage from the camera? I would have expected them to offer the service as a prerequisite for the use of the camera. A camera that can't transfer it's recording over is as useless as a camera can be.

Apparently firewire ports are only common on macs nowadays (and old computers).
Being marianopolis, apparently we're all expected to have macs...
My old HP desktop has a firewire port so I'll try that.
post #38 of 82

C'mon any updates with regards to the footage, Gabriel?

post #39 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

C'mon any updates with regards to the footage, Gabriel?

Still on the camcorder... If someone has a MAC with firewire this would be so much easier.
post #40 of 82
Good news.
I got all the footage =) I'll be uploading it when I get home =))))))))
post #41 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

Good news.
I got all the footage =) I'll be uploading it when I get home =))))))))

 

Sweet!

post #42 of 82

That's great news! Very much looking forward to it!

post #43 of 82

Well there's all the footage I shot...
It'll finish uploading by the time most of you wake up.
post #44 of 82

Wicked, anxious for the video to be processed by youtube.

 

In other news, I was so impressed with the HE-6 that I decided to get myself a pair today. Now do I keep the HE-500's or sell to fund school books? confused.gif
 

post #45 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

Wicked, anxious for the video to be processed by youtube.

In other news, I was so impressed with the HE-6 that I decided to get myself a pair today. Now do I keep the HE-500's or sell to fund school books? confused.gif

 

The problem is more the 40kb/s upload speed with bell even though I'm promised around 150kb/s.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › IMPRESSIONS: Montréal August 25th 2012 Head-Fi Meet