- 10 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have Fiio e17 - Looking for non-phone portable source to go with Last post on 6/21/12 at 11:03am in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100 or Fostex HP-P1 with iPod classic 160gb Last post on 6/22/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17post #1 of 127/16/12 at 11:17pmThread StarterThis is my first post on head-fi though I have lurked a bit. I just got a FiiO e17 and love it but had a thought jut now that they really should make a portable flac player with decent storage capacity 15-25gb with a built in Amp and DAC. The only portable music player I have is my iPhone, so when listening to flac files on the go, ther are quite a few cords going all over and I have a phone in one pocket with my FiiO in the other. I would spend a nice amount for a multi-functional and multi-ported (1/4 inch plug as well as 1/8) unit as described or something similar.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/16/12 at 11:26pm
This times one million. Integration is the next step in the world of audiophile-aimed portable devices. MP3 players are bulk enough, let alone an additional amp/DAC. I'm sure that a brand could make it at least the size of the old Zune, which would be perfect!
I'm all for it. But I don't have leverage at any sound companies, so my support is rather meaningless. xDpost #3 of 127/16/12 at 11:42pmpost #4 of 127/17/12 at 8:20pmpost #5 of 127/18/12 at 5:47pmThread Starter
Is there any portable flac player that will integrate the internal DAC in the FiiO or will it only ever be a portable amp? Listening with my computer and the FiiO is awesome but iphone (with FLAC player app) and FiiO not so much.post #6 of 127/18/12 at 5:49pmpost #7 of 127/18/12 at 6:03pmpost #8 of 127/20/12 at 12:29pmThread StarterDear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.post #9 of 127/20/12 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Calikeane
Dear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.
Quarter inch in...would be hilarious. Have you seen how much space they take up?post #10 of 127/20/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
It's definitely doable though. I'm sizing my 1/4 adapters to my Fiio E17, and they could definitely squeeze one on there -- assuming it's the minimum size of the E17.post #11 of 127/20/12 at 1:21pmpost #12 of 127/21/12 at 9:30amThread StarterQuote:
Ya it would be a whopping hole in the side of the unit but I don't imagine them making a device that's smaller than the e17. In my dream scenario the DAP was also a headphone amp and internal DAC so it would sound optimum. I doubt they could fit all that into a tiny package like the e17 or x3. It would needs to be slightly larger than the proposed size of the x3.
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2x Nuforce HA-200 (dual mono) 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 3 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Matrix M-Stage HPA-3U and HPA-3B, review to follow! 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear