- 10 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have Fiio e17 - Looking for non-phone portable source to go with Last post on 6/21/12 at 11:03am in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100 or Fostex HP-P1 with iPod classic 160gb Last post on 6/22/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17post #1 of 127/16/12 at 11:17pmThread StarterThis is my first post on head-fi though I have lurked a bit. I just got a FiiO e17 and love it but had a thought jut now that they really should make a portable flac player with decent storage capacity 15-25gb with a built in Amp and DAC. The only portable music player I have is my iPhone, so when listening to flac files on the go, ther are quite a few cords going all over and I have a phone in one pocket with my FiiO in the other. I would spend a nice amount for a multi-functional and multi-ported (1/4 inch plug as well as 1/8) unit as described or something similar.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/16/12 at 11:26pm
This times one million. Integration is the next step in the world of audiophile-aimed portable devices. MP3 players are bulk enough, let alone an additional amp/DAC. I'm sure that a brand could make it at least the size of the old Zune, which would be perfect!
I'm all for it. But I don't have leverage at any sound companies, so my support is rather meaningless. xDpost #3 of 127/16/12 at 11:42pmpost #4 of 127/17/12 at 8:20pmpost #5 of 127/18/12 at 5:47pmThread Starter
Is there any portable flac player that will integrate the internal DAC in the FiiO or will it only ever be a portable amp? Listening with my computer and the FiiO is awesome but iphone (with FLAC player app) and FiiO not so much.post #6 of 127/18/12 at 5:49pmpost #7 of 127/18/12 at 6:03pmpost #8 of 127/20/12 at 12:29pmThread StarterDear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.post #9 of 127/20/12 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Calikeane
Dear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.
Quarter inch in...would be hilarious. Have you seen how much space they take up?post #10 of 127/20/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
It's definitely doable though. I'm sizing my 1/4 adapters to my Fiio E17, and they could definitely squeeze one on there -- assuming it's the minimum size of the E17.post #11 of 127/20/12 at 1:21pmpost #12 of 127/21/12 at 9:30amThread StarterQuote:
Ya it would be a whopping hole in the side of the unit but I don't imagine them making a device that's smaller than the e17. In my dream scenario the DAP was also a headphone amp and internal DAC so it would sound optimum. I doubt they could fit all that into a tiny package like the e17 or x3. It would needs to be slightly larger than the proposed size of the x3.
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 21 seconds ago
- › Etymotic ER-4PT *Mint* 56 seconds ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 1 minute ago
- › SPEAKER amp or dac.. HELP! 1 minute ago
- › Gaming headponhes/headsets. 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 5 minutes ago
- › Missing Warren Zevon 6 minutes ago
- › ROCK-HARD CANADIAN MAPLE HEADPHONES 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 10 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob