- 10 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have Fiio e17 - Looking for non-phone portable source to go with Last post on 6/21/12 at 11:03am in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100 or Fostex HP-P1 with iPod classic 160gb Last post on 6/22/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17post #1 of 127/16/12 at 11:17pmThread StarterThis is my first post on head-fi though I have lurked a bit. I just got a FiiO e17 and love it but had a thought jut now that they really should make a portable flac player with decent storage capacity 15-25gb with a built in Amp and DAC. The only portable music player I have is my iPhone, so when listening to flac files on the go, ther are quite a few cords going all over and I have a phone in one pocket with my FiiO in the other. I would spend a nice amount for a multi-functional and multi-ported (1/4 inch plug as well as 1/8) unit as described or something similar.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/16/12 at 11:26pm
This times one million. Integration is the next step in the world of audiophile-aimed portable devices. MP3 players are bulk enough, let alone an additional amp/DAC. I'm sure that a brand could make it at least the size of the old Zune, which would be perfect!
I'm all for it. But I don't have leverage at any sound companies, so my support is rather meaningless. xDpost #3 of 127/16/12 at 11:42pmpost #4 of 127/17/12 at 8:20pmpost #5 of 127/18/12 at 5:47pmThread Starter
Is there any portable flac player that will integrate the internal DAC in the FiiO or will it only ever be a portable amp? Listening with my computer and the FiiO is awesome but iphone (with FLAC player app) and FiiO not so much.post #6 of 127/18/12 at 5:49pmpost #7 of 127/18/12 at 6:03pmpost #8 of 127/20/12 at 12:29pmThread StarterDear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.post #9 of 127/20/12 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Calikeane
Dear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.
Quarter inch in...would be hilarious. Have you seen how much space they take up?post #10 of 127/20/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
It's definitely doable though. I'm sizing my 1/4 adapters to my Fiio E17, and they could definitely squeeze one on there -- assuming it's the minimum size of the E17.post #11 of 127/20/12 at 1:21pmpost #12 of 127/21/12 at 9:30amThread StarterQuote:
Ya it would be a whopping hole in the side of the unit but I don't imagine them making a device that's smaller than the e17. In my dream scenario the DAP was also a headphone amp and internal DAC so it would sound optimum. I doubt they could fit all that into a tiny package like the e17 or x3. It would needs to be slightly larger than the proposed size of the x3.
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Dallas, TX - Sunday, May 25th, 2014 - "May Mix It Up" meetup 38 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 44 seconds ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 45 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 2 minutes ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Need help determining if my new Ultimate Ears Custom In-Ear... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob