- 10 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have Fiio e17 - Looking for non-phone portable source to go with Last post on 6/21/12 at 11:03am in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100 or Fostex HP-P1 with iPod classic 160gb Last post on 6/22/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I've auditioned the first Aurvana a couple of times, and I've always liked it, but never purchased it. Anyway, this new Aurvana is so good! I believe the drivers are the same as the first...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17post #1 of 127/16/12 at 11:17pmThread StarterThis is my first post on head-fi though I have lurked a bit. I just got a FiiO e17 and love it but had a thought jut now that they really should make a portable flac player with decent storage capacity 15-25gb with a built in Amp and DAC. The only portable music player I have is my iPhone, so when listening to flac files on the go, ther are quite a few cords going all over and I have a phone in one pocket with my FiiO in the other. I would spend a nice amount for a multi-functional and multi-ported (1/4 inch plug as well as 1/8) unit as described or something similar.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/16/12 at 11:26pm
This times one million. Integration is the next step in the world of audiophile-aimed portable devices. MP3 players are bulk enough, let alone an additional amp/DAC. I'm sure that a brand could make it at least the size of the old Zune, which would be perfect!
I'm all for it. But I don't have leverage at any sound companies, so my support is rather meaningless. xDpost #3 of 127/16/12 at 11:42pmpost #4 of 127/17/12 at 8:20pmpost #5 of 127/18/12 at 5:47pmThread Starter
Is there any portable flac player that will integrate the internal DAC in the FiiO or will it only ever be a portable amp? Listening with my computer and the FiiO is awesome but iphone (with FLAC player app) and FiiO not so much.post #6 of 127/18/12 at 5:49pmpost #7 of 127/18/12 at 6:03pmpost #8 of 127/20/12 at 12:29pmThread StarterDear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.post #9 of 127/20/12 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Calikeane
Dear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.
Quarter inch in...would be hilarious. Have you seen how much space they take up?post #10 of 127/20/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
It's definitely doable though. I'm sizing my 1/4 adapters to my Fiio E17, and they could definitely squeeze one on there -- assuming it's the minimum size of the E17.post #11 of 127/20/12 at 1:21pmpost #12 of 127/21/12 at 9:30amThread StarterQuote:
Ya it would be a whopping hole in the side of the unit but I don't imagine them making a device that's smaller than the e17. In my dream scenario the DAP was also a headphone amp and internal DAC so it would sound optimum. I doubt they could fit all that into a tiny package like the e17 or x3. It would needs to be slightly larger than the proposed size of the x3.
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 1 second ago
- › sharing worst experience in audio-gd! Be careful everyone.. 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi 2013 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 4 minutes ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe