Keep us updated. That is some serious BS if they won't replace it after making you cut it.
Related Forum Threads
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Is this bad? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 257/19/12 at 1:28amQuote:Originally Posted by imadroppa
Well, this is some ********.
Emailed the guy who runs the company and explained the situation, and he requires you to send a picture of the faulty headphones with the cables cut before you receive a new pair.
Well I did that, only to find out this is not a warranty cause and therefore I can't get a new set unless I buy a new set.
GTFO with that.
lol...I hope you get the replacement.post #18 of 257/19/12 at 1:40am
I am more concerned if the grill part is left in ear, it would be good idea to see a doctor to make sure its not the case. Regarding the IEM replacement, I think you are entitled for replacement because I guess grill also acts a bit like acoustic filter and protective cover and loosing it might effect sound in some manner.
Though xears sound quiet good as compared to price , I agree build quality is poor & on xears thread you will find lot of people complaining of CS.post #19 of 257/19/12 at 1:43am
Well on a brighter note!
A couple of years ago I modified an inexpensive IEM. I just wanted to see if it was possible to get better sound. It had a super heavy screen and as I was using a hand tool to slowly widen the sound port going into your ear I chose to remove the screen. Over the years I have really mishandled them letting them sit in my pocket and such. I blow out any lint or such everytime before I use them. They work fine.
If you end up keeping your pair, I would take the other screen out so they are balanced and enjoy them.post #20 of 257/19/12 at 6:37amThread Starterpost #21 of 257/19/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Ya but the screenless will sound better.post #22 of 257/19/12 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #23 of 257/19/12 at 7:26amQuote:
If you don't take the screens out you will never know? But I Iook for meaning and gifts in everything and many don"t.
Many think the world is doing them wrong............................I feel the world is training me......................imo.post #24 of 257/19/12 at 8:38ampost #25 of 257/19/12 at 8:50am
Truly, I am guessing like all of us are. There is no way of knowing until we test both. I am sure screens are put in to keep ear wax and other crap from hindering the full sound from the driver.
You are right I truly don't know!
It all depends on if the new screen missing drivers are making the sound closer to what the listener wants.
I may sound wacky but I believe every mistake has a methodology to getting farther in this hobby.
It did work for me when I was working without treble deficient headphones.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 7/19/12 at 8:54amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is this bad?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 4 seconds ago
- › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions 6 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 43 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 55 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Is headphone "break-in" an actual phenomenon? 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)