Keep us updated. That is some serious BS if they won't replace it after making you cut it.
Related Forum Threads
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 10:50 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones with more rumble? Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
Is this bad? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 257/19/12 at 1:28amQuote:Originally Posted by imadroppa
Well, this is some ********.
Emailed the guy who runs the company and explained the situation, and he requires you to send a picture of the faulty headphones with the cables cut before you receive a new pair.
Well I did that, only to find out this is not a warranty cause and therefore I can't get a new set unless I buy a new set.
GTFO with that.
lol...I hope you get the replacement.post #18 of 257/19/12 at 1:40am
I am more concerned if the grill part is left in ear, it would be good idea to see a doctor to make sure its not the case. Regarding the IEM replacement, I think you are entitled for replacement because I guess grill also acts a bit like acoustic filter and protective cover and loosing it might effect sound in some manner.
Though xears sound quiet good as compared to price , I agree build quality is poor & on xears thread you will find lot of people complaining of CS.post #19 of 257/19/12 at 1:43am
Well on a brighter note!
A couple of years ago I modified an inexpensive IEM. I just wanted to see if it was possible to get better sound. It had a super heavy screen and as I was using a hand tool to slowly widen the sound port going into your ear I chose to remove the screen. Over the years I have really mishandled them letting them sit in my pocket and such. I blow out any lint or such everytime before I use them. They work fine.
If you end up keeping your pair, I would take the other screen out so they are balanced and enjoy them.post #20 of 257/19/12 at 6:37amThread Starterpost #21 of 257/19/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Ya but the screenless will sound better.post #22 of 257/19/12 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #23 of 257/19/12 at 7:26amQuote:
If you don't take the screens out you will never know? But I Iook for meaning and gifts in everything and many don"t.
Many think the world is doing them wrong............................I feel the world is training me......................imo.post #24 of 257/19/12 at 8:38ampost #25 of 257/19/12 at 8:50am
Truly, I am guessing like all of us are. There is no way of knowing until we test both. I am sure screens are put in to keep ear wax and other crap from hindering the full sound from the driver.
You are right I truly don't know!
It all depends on if the new screen missing drivers are making the sound closer to what the listener wants.
I may sound wacky but I believe every mistake has a methodology to getting farther in this hobby.
It did work for me when I was working without treble deficient headphones.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 7/19/12 at 8:54amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is this bad?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › On a mission to like jazz 18 seconds ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 34 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 41 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...