Keep us updated. That is some serious BS if they won't replace it after making you cut it.
Related Forum Threads
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones with more rumble? Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- in ear bluetoot WITH wire Last post on 6/1/14 at 4:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My tiny rant about headphones. Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Is this bad? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 257/19/12 at 1:28amQuote:Originally Posted by imadroppa
Well, this is some ********.
Emailed the guy who runs the company and explained the situation, and he requires you to send a picture of the faulty headphones with the cables cut before you receive a new pair.
Well I did that, only to find out this is not a warranty cause and therefore I can't get a new set unless I buy a new set.
GTFO with that.
lol...I hope you get the replacement.post #18 of 257/19/12 at 1:40am
I am more concerned if the grill part is left in ear, it would be good idea to see a doctor to make sure its not the case. Regarding the IEM replacement, I think you are entitled for replacement because I guess grill also acts a bit like acoustic filter and protective cover and loosing it might effect sound in some manner.
Though xears sound quiet good as compared to price , I agree build quality is poor & on xears thread you will find lot of people complaining of CS.post #19 of 257/19/12 at 1:43am
Well on a brighter note!
A couple of years ago I modified an inexpensive IEM. I just wanted to see if it was possible to get better sound. It had a super heavy screen and as I was using a hand tool to slowly widen the sound port going into your ear I chose to remove the screen. Over the years I have really mishandled them letting them sit in my pocket and such. I blow out any lint or such everytime before I use them. They work fine.
If you end up keeping your pair, I would take the other screen out so they are balanced and enjoy them.post #20 of 257/19/12 at 6:37amThread Starterpost #21 of 257/19/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Ya but the screenless will sound better.post #22 of 257/19/12 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #23 of 257/19/12 at 7:26amQuote:
If you don't take the screens out you will never know? But I Iook for meaning and gifts in everything and many don"t.
Many think the world is doing them wrong............................I feel the world is training me......................imo.post #24 of 257/19/12 at 8:38ampost #25 of 257/19/12 at 8:50am
Truly, I am guessing like all of us are. There is no way of knowing until we test both. I am sure screens are put in to keep ear wax and other crap from hindering the full sound from the driver.
You are right I truly don't know!
It all depends on if the new screen missing drivers are making the sound closer to what the listener wants.
I may sound wacky but I believe every mistake has a methodology to getting farther in this hobby.
It did work for me when I was working without treble deficient headphones.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 7/19/12 at 8:54amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is this bad?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Prime 32 seconds ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 3 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 8 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3