Keep us updated. That is some serious BS if they won't replace it after making you cut it.
Related Forum Threads
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on 1/19/17 at 10:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones with more rumble? Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Pros: Smooth sound, Great fit, Long listening without fatigue Cons: Expensive, sound signature takes some getting used too Introduction: I love music and I love good quality sound and...
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
The TH900 is magical. It's the hot rod of flagship, makes no apologies, and takes no prisoners IF, you wanna take it that far. This phone just begs to be driven, and it just keeps producing. I find...
Is this bad? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 257/19/12 at 1:28amQuote:Originally Posted by imadroppa
Well, this is some ********.
Emailed the guy who runs the company and explained the situation, and he requires you to send a picture of the faulty headphones with the cables cut before you receive a new pair.
Well I did that, only to find out this is not a warranty cause and therefore I can't get a new set unless I buy a new set.
GTFO with that.
lol...I hope you get the replacement.post #18 of 257/19/12 at 1:40am
I am more concerned if the grill part is left in ear, it would be good idea to see a doctor to make sure its not the case. Regarding the IEM replacement, I think you are entitled for replacement because I guess grill also acts a bit like acoustic filter and protective cover and loosing it might effect sound in some manner.
Though xears sound quiet good as compared to price , I agree build quality is poor & on xears thread you will find lot of people complaining of CS.post #19 of 257/19/12 at 1:43am
Well on a brighter note!
A couple of years ago I modified an inexpensive IEM. I just wanted to see if it was possible to get better sound. It had a super heavy screen and as I was using a hand tool to slowly widen the sound port going into your ear I chose to remove the screen. Over the years I have really mishandled them letting them sit in my pocket and such. I blow out any lint or such everytime before I use them. They work fine.
If you end up keeping your pair, I would take the other screen out so they are balanced and enjoy them.post #20 of 257/19/12 at 6:37amThread Starterpost #21 of 257/19/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Ya but the screenless will sound better.post #22 of 257/19/12 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #23 of 257/19/12 at 7:26amQuote:
If you don't take the screens out you will never know? But I Iook for meaning and gifts in everything and many don"t.
Many think the world is doing them wrong............................I feel the world is training me......................imo.post #24 of 257/19/12 at 8:38ampost #25 of 257/19/12 at 8:50am
Truly, I am guessing like all of us are. There is no way of knowing until we test both. I am sure screens are put in to keep ear wax and other crap from hindering the full sound from the driver.
You are right I truly don't know!
It all depends on if the new screen missing drivers are making the sound closer to what the listener wants.
I may sound wacky but I believe every mistake has a methodology to getting farther in this hobby.
It did work for me when I was working without treble deficient headphones.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 7/19/12 at 8:54amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is this bad?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD6xx #00065 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 6 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 6 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 7 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 9 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear