Just like the title says, i am looking for a IE headphones that will be very very comfortable and that wont fall out of my ear. Sound Quality comes second to me because i will use them only for running and hiking. Thanks in advance
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/12
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 132tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice please, Phonak Audeo PFE 112 or Shure SE215? Last post on 5/19/12 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading question Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What to Replace Phonak Audeo PFE With? ($150 budget) Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
Looking Fot The Most Comfortable In Ear Headphones around a 100$post #1 of 117/16/12 at 10:15amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 117/16/12 at 10:36am
You will have to go with the Phonak IEMs. They are the most comfortable you can get and sound just great. The whole series from 012 to 132 (no including the 232) have the shouting and driver. They just have different accessories and filters which tune the sound. You can get new flyers separate.
Neutral = Grey (mine and most peoples favourite_
V shaped= Black
The 012 is the cheapest and comes just with green filters. 022 has a remote/mic.
The 112 is more expensive and has a case and comes with grey and black filters. 122 has a mic/remote.
132 has a 3 button control/mic and grey and black filters.
This is the way you probably have to go if you want comfort.post #3 of 117/16/12 at 10:54ampost #4 of 117/16/12 at 11:02amThread Starterpost #5 of 117/16/12 at 11:17amQuote:
The Bose i have tried on before and they both do not sound no were near as good and are not as comfortable. I have tried over 35 IEMs and the most comfortable are the Phonaks. Ask anyone who has tried, they will agree!post #6 of 117/16/12 at 11:18ampost #7 of 117/16/12 at 11:48am
Bose might be comfortable but it certainly won't last very long...If you're willing to spend that much, maybe consider a Westone 1. Virtually impossible to dislodge and comfortable enough for most to sleep with them on.post #8 of 117/16/12 at 12:16pm
I had a pair of Bose IE that I used daily for 2 1/2 years. They developed an intermittent short in the left ear and Bose replaced them with the IE2 for $50 even though they were out of warranty. In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to find a more comfortable earbud although I don't really think of them as an IEM - they don't fit into the ear canal like a normal IEM and offer little to no isolation. For your purposes, that is probably a good thing. If you are running or hiking you probably will not want isolation and you won't want the microphonics that an IEM will produce with each step.
I agree that the Bose IE2 are not the best sound you can buy for $100 and the retail price is probaly too high. That said, I have gotten my money's worth out of them and still use them daily in situations where I do not want isolation.post #9 of 117/16/12 at 12:35pmThread Starterpost #10 of 117/16/12 at 2:14pmpost #11 of 117/16/12 at 10:49pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking Fot The Most Comfortable In Ear Headphones around a 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 12 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 16 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3