Just like the title says, i am looking for a IE headphones that will be very very comfortable and that wont fall out of my ear. Sound Quality comes second to me because i will use them only for running and hiking. Thanks in advance
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/12
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 132tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice please, Phonak Audeo PFE 112 or Shure SE215? Last post on 5/19/12 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading question Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What to Replace Phonak Audeo PFE With? ($150 budget) Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
Looking Fot The Most Comfortable In Ear Headphones around a 100$post #1 of 117/16/12 at 10:15amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 117/16/12 at 10:36am
You will have to go with the Phonak IEMs. They are the most comfortable you can get and sound just great. The whole series from 012 to 132 (no including the 232) have the shouting and driver. They just have different accessories and filters which tune the sound. You can get new flyers separate.
Neutral = Grey (mine and most peoples favourite_
V shaped= Black
The 012 is the cheapest and comes just with green filters. 022 has a remote/mic.
The 112 is more expensive and has a case and comes with grey and black filters. 122 has a mic/remote.
132 has a 3 button control/mic and grey and black filters.
This is the way you probably have to go if you want comfort.post #3 of 117/16/12 at 10:54ampost #4 of 117/16/12 at 11:02amThread Starterpost #5 of 117/16/12 at 11:17amQuote:
The Bose i have tried on before and they both do not sound no were near as good and are not as comfortable. I have tried over 35 IEMs and the most comfortable are the Phonaks. Ask anyone who has tried, they will agree!post #6 of 117/16/12 at 11:18ampost #7 of 117/16/12 at 11:48am
Bose might be comfortable but it certainly won't last very long...If you're willing to spend that much, maybe consider a Westone 1. Virtually impossible to dislodge and comfortable enough for most to sleep with them on.post #8 of 117/16/12 at 12:16pm
I had a pair of Bose IE that I used daily for 2 1/2 years. They developed an intermittent short in the left ear and Bose replaced them with the IE2 for $50 even though they were out of warranty. In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to find a more comfortable earbud although I don't really think of them as an IEM - they don't fit into the ear canal like a normal IEM and offer little to no isolation. For your purposes, that is probably a good thing. If you are running or hiking you probably will not want isolation and you won't want the microphonics that an IEM will produce with each step.
I agree that the Bose IE2 are not the best sound you can buy for $100 and the retail price is probaly too high. That said, I have gotten my money's worth out of them and still use them daily in situations where I do not want isolation.post #9 of 117/16/12 at 12:35pmThread Starterpost #10 of 117/16/12 at 2:14pmpost #11 of 117/16/12 at 10:49pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking Fot The Most Comfortable In Ear Headphones around a 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple) 18 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 54 seconds ago
- › Your Album of the Month 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › help - Bass-Heavy ear buds & headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Binaural Sound Demonstration 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 3 minutes ago
- › I need help buying my first record player 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)