Just like the title says, i am looking for a IE headphones that will be very very comfortable and that wont fall out of my ear. Sound Quality comes second to me because i will use them only for running and hiking. Thanks in advance
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/17/12
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 132tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice please, Phonak Audeo PFE 112 or Shure SE215? Last post on 5/19/12 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading question Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What to Replace Phonak Audeo PFE With? ($150 budget) Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Looking Fot The Most Comfortable In Ear Headphones around a 100$post #1 of 117/16/12 at 10:15amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 117/16/12 at 10:36am
You will have to go with the Phonak IEMs. They are the most comfortable you can get and sound just great. The whole series from 012 to 132 (no including the 232) have the shouting and driver. They just have different accessories and filters which tune the sound. You can get new flyers separate.
Neutral = Grey (mine and most peoples favourite_
V shaped= Black
The 012 is the cheapest and comes just with green filters. 022 has a remote/mic.
The 112 is more expensive and has a case and comes with grey and black filters. 122 has a mic/remote.
132 has a 3 button control/mic and grey and black filters.
This is the way you probably have to go if you want comfort.post #3 of 117/16/12 at 10:54ampost #4 of 117/16/12 at 11:02amThread Starterpost #5 of 117/16/12 at 11:17amQuote:
The Bose i have tried on before and they both do not sound no were near as good and are not as comfortable. I have tried over 35 IEMs and the most comfortable are the Phonaks. Ask anyone who has tried, they will agree!post #6 of 117/16/12 at 11:18ampost #7 of 117/16/12 at 11:48am
Bose might be comfortable but it certainly won't last very long...If you're willing to spend that much, maybe consider a Westone 1. Virtually impossible to dislodge and comfortable enough for most to sleep with them on.post #8 of 117/16/12 at 12:16pm
I had a pair of Bose IE that I used daily for 2 1/2 years. They developed an intermittent short in the left ear and Bose replaced them with the IE2 for $50 even though they were out of warranty. In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to find a more comfortable earbud although I don't really think of them as an IEM - they don't fit into the ear canal like a normal IEM and offer little to no isolation. For your purposes, that is probably a good thing. If you are running or hiking you probably will not want isolation and you won't want the microphonics that an IEM will produce with each step.
I agree that the Bose IE2 are not the best sound you can buy for $100 and the retail price is probaly too high. That said, I have gotten my money's worth out of them and still use them daily in situations where I do not want isolation.post #9 of 117/16/12 at 12:35pmThread Starterpost #10 of 117/16/12 at 2:14pmpost #11 of 117/16/12 at 10:49pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking Fot The Most Comfortable In Ear Headphones around a 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 15 seconds ago
- › Good headphones for runners? $0-100 budget 19 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Cool headphone image (X-Ray) 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe