- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-202tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-404 Limited Edition electrostatic earspeakertagged by System, 7/20/12
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
- Best closed headphone for electronic based music Last post on 9/13/12 at 10:40am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparative review of the Sennheiser HD650 and the Stax SR-202 Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR 207 (or 202) compared to Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202post #1 of 97/16/12 at 2:03amThread StarterI am using a pair of stax sr202. The earpads are made of artificial leather. The feeling is suck when using in summer, since I am very sensitive to hot weather and easily get sweating. Is there any improvement if i replace the earpads with the ones used in sr-507, which are made of genuine leather? Thanks for replying.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/16/12 at 5:05amI haven't owned the STAX or used their leather pads, but out of headphones I've owned with pleather and leather pads, the leather pads generally breathe better and are more tolerable in the summer months. I think if you tried them and disliked them, you could probably sell them to someone with a 507 (or one of the older models that use them) on the FS thread without too much trouble either.post #3 of 97/16/12 at 7:52amThread Starterpost #4 of 97/16/12 at 5:48pmI don't know that, sorry. From pictures I would guess "probably" but I don't know for certain. While re-posting is usually frowned upon here, you might try posting this question in Summit-Fi, as a lot of the STAX guys hang out there (and would be more likely to see it) - I'm kind of surprised you haven't gotten more replies.post #5 of 97/17/12 at 3:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 97/18/12 at 9:27am
I should be able to give some feedback on this in a couple of days. I'm having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot, so I've ordered a pair of 404LE earpads (which are real leather, too) for my SR404's. They should arrive in a few days.
I don't know whether the 404LE earpads are the same as the ones on the 507 - but I guess all should be compatible with each other since the housing is essentially the same for all Lambdas.post #7 of 97/18/12 at 10:01amQuote:
They are the same exact size so no problems fitting them. I would use some temporary glue if you might end up selling them as the glue supplied is very strong so removing them is problematic and it might damage the pads.post #8 of 97/19/12 at 2:23pmThread Starterpost #9 of 99/5/12 at 11:18am
I'm a new owner of a pair of slightly used STAX SR-202 having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot & sweaty on my ears.
I assume the 404 LE leather earpads are very nice & comfortable, but rather expensive - US $109.
I think of covering the pleather with a thin layer of Alcantara. This should work.
- Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...