- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-202tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-404 Limited Edition electrostatic earspeakertagged by System, 7/20/12
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
- Best closed headphone for electronic based music Last post on 9/13/12 at 10:40am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparative review of the Sennheiser HD650 and the Stax SR-202 Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR 207 (or 202) compared to Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202post #1 of 97/16/12 at 2:03amThread StarterI am using a pair of stax sr202. The earpads are made of artificial leather. The feeling is suck when using in summer, since I am very sensitive to hot weather and easily get sweating. Is there any improvement if i replace the earpads with the ones used in sr-507, which are made of genuine leather? Thanks for replying.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/16/12 at 5:05amI haven't owned the STAX or used their leather pads, but out of headphones I've owned with pleather and leather pads, the leather pads generally breathe better and are more tolerable in the summer months. I think if you tried them and disliked them, you could probably sell them to someone with a 507 (or one of the older models that use them) on the FS thread without too much trouble either.post #3 of 97/16/12 at 7:52amThread Starterpost #4 of 97/16/12 at 5:48pmI don't know that, sorry. From pictures I would guess "probably" but I don't know for certain. While re-posting is usually frowned upon here, you might try posting this question in Summit-Fi, as a lot of the STAX guys hang out there (and would be more likely to see it) - I'm kind of surprised you haven't gotten more replies.post #5 of 97/17/12 at 3:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 97/18/12 at 9:27am
I should be able to give some feedback on this in a couple of days. I'm having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot, so I've ordered a pair of 404LE earpads (which are real leather, too) for my SR404's. They should arrive in a few days.
I don't know whether the 404LE earpads are the same as the ones on the 507 - but I guess all should be compatible with each other since the housing is essentially the same for all Lambdas.post #7 of 97/18/12 at 10:01amQuote:
They are the same exact size so no problems fitting them. I would use some temporary glue if you might end up selling them as the glue supplied is very strong so removing them is problematic and it might damage the pads.post #8 of 97/19/12 at 2:23pmThread Starterpost #9 of 99/5/12 at 11:18am
I'm a new owner of a pair of slightly used STAX SR-202 having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot & sweaty on my ears.
I assume the 404 LE leather earpads are very nice & comfortable, but rather expensive - US $109.
I think of covering the pleather with a thin layer of Alcantara. This should work.
- Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › FS: Empire Ears Athena (8-BA) CIEM - 3 months old 2 minutes ago
- › Beoplay A1 Portable Bluetooth Speakers 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › RME ADI-2 Pro - DAC, Headamp, an a lot of more stunning features 3 minutes ago
- › New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Low noise usb soundcard for sleeptalk recording 6 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear