- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-202tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-404 Limited Edition electrostatic earspeakertagged by System, 7/20/12
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
- Best closed headphone for electronic based music Last post on 9/13/12 at 10:40am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparative review of the Sennheiser HD650 and the Stax SR-202 Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR 207 (or 202) compared to Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202post #1 of 97/16/12 at 2:03amThread StarterI am using a pair of stax sr202. The earpads are made of artificial leather. The feeling is suck when using in summer, since I am very sensitive to hot weather and easily get sweating. Is there any improvement if i replace the earpads with the ones used in sr-507, which are made of genuine leather? Thanks for replying.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/16/12 at 5:05amI haven't owned the STAX or used their leather pads, but out of headphones I've owned with pleather and leather pads, the leather pads generally breathe better and are more tolerable in the summer months. I think if you tried them and disliked them, you could probably sell them to someone with a 507 (or one of the older models that use them) on the FS thread without too much trouble either.post #3 of 97/16/12 at 7:52amThread Starterpost #4 of 97/16/12 at 5:48pmI don't know that, sorry. From pictures I would guess "probably" but I don't know for certain. While re-posting is usually frowned upon here, you might try posting this question in Summit-Fi, as a lot of the STAX guys hang out there (and would be more likely to see it) - I'm kind of surprised you haven't gotten more replies.post #5 of 97/17/12 at 3:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 97/18/12 at 9:27am
I should be able to give some feedback on this in a couple of days. I'm having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot, so I've ordered a pair of 404LE earpads (which are real leather, too) for my SR404's. They should arrive in a few days.
I don't know whether the 404LE earpads are the same as the ones on the 507 - but I guess all should be compatible with each other since the housing is essentially the same for all Lambdas.post #7 of 97/18/12 at 10:01amQuote:
They are the same exact size so no problems fitting them. I would use some temporary glue if you might end up selling them as the glue supplied is very strong so removing them is problematic and it might damage the pads.post #8 of 97/19/12 at 2:23pmThread Starterpost #9 of 99/5/12 at 11:18am
I'm a new owner of a pair of slightly used STAX SR-202 having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot & sweaty on my ears.
I assume the 404 LE leather earpads are very nice & comfortable, but rather expensive - US $109.
I think of covering the pleather with a thin layer of Alcantara. This should work.
- Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 1 minute ago
- › Barely used Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for a desktop DAC/AMP or standalone AMP... 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze ldc-3 Fazor, Audeze Deckard amp/dac. Price Drop!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...