- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-202tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-404 Limited Edition electrostatic earspeakertagged by System, 7/20/12
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
- Best closed headphone for electronic based music Last post on 9/13/12 at 10:40am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparative review of the Sennheiser HD650 and the Stax SR-202 Last post on 11/1/13 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR 207 (or 202) compared to Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202post #1 of 97/16/12 at 2:03amThread StarterI am using a pair of stax sr202. The earpads are made of artificial leather. The feeling is suck when using in summer, since I am very sensitive to hot weather and easily get sweating. Is there any improvement if i replace the earpads with the ones used in sr-507, which are made of genuine leather? Thanks for replying.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/16/12 at 5:05amI haven't owned the STAX or used their leather pads, but out of headphones I've owned with pleather and leather pads, the leather pads generally breathe better and are more tolerable in the summer months. I think if you tried them and disliked them, you could probably sell them to someone with a 507 (or one of the older models that use them) on the FS thread without too much trouble either.post #3 of 97/16/12 at 7:52amThread Starterpost #4 of 97/16/12 at 5:48pmI don't know that, sorry. From pictures I would guess "probably" but I don't know for certain. While re-posting is usually frowned upon here, you might try posting this question in Summit-Fi, as a lot of the STAX guys hang out there (and would be more likely to see it) - I'm kind of surprised you haven't gotten more replies.post #5 of 97/17/12 at 3:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 97/18/12 at 9:27am
I should be able to give some feedback on this in a couple of days. I'm having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot, so I've ordered a pair of 404LE earpads (which are real leather, too) for my SR404's. They should arrive in a few days.
I don't know whether the 404LE earpads are the same as the ones on the 507 - but I guess all should be compatible with each other since the housing is essentially the same for all Lambdas.post #7 of 97/18/12 at 10:01amQuote:
They are the same exact size so no problems fitting them. I would use some temporary glue if you might end up selling them as the glue supplied is very strong so removing them is problematic and it might damage the pads.post #8 of 97/19/12 at 2:23pmThread Starterpost #9 of 99/5/12 at 11:18am
I'm a new owner of a pair of slightly used STAX SR-202 having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot & sweaty on my ears.
I assume the 404 LE leather earpads are very nice & comfortable, but rather expensive - US $109.
I think of covering the pleather with a thin layer of Alcantara. This should work.
- Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 3 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 18 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 57 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Is the X5 the best DAP under $500 ? 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › How many of you have found your endgame holy grail headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E06 and AKG K612 2 minutes ago
- › The Tip-Rolling/IEM Modification Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)