- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-202tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productStax SR-404 Limited Edition electrostatic earspeakertagged by System, 7/20/12
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
- Best closed headphone for electronic based music Last post on 9/13/12 at 10:40am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparative review of the Sennheiser HD650 and the Stax SR-202 Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR 207 (or 202) compared to Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
This review is based in my experience of almost 6 months with them, running 24/96 Flacs > Foobar2K > Wasapi > Asus Realtek ALC1150 + 4580 Op-amp > HD668B I decided to reboot my interest in audio...
It is surprising that no one else has posted a review, maybe all are enjoying it too much to bother. I've been holding back from writing a review because it is important to live with a mobile...
*A Sample of the HD7 was provided by PreSounus for my unbiased review* https://www.presonus.com/products/HD7 Cloning. Not a sheep, but headphones. The PreSounus HD7 is a...
Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202post #1 of 97/16/12 at 2:03amThread StarterI am using a pair of stax sr202. The earpads are made of artificial leather. The feeling is suck when using in summer, since I am very sensitive to hot weather and easily get sweating. Is there any improvement if i replace the earpads with the ones used in sr-507, which are made of genuine leather? Thanks for replying.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/16/12 at 5:05amI haven't owned the STAX or used their leather pads, but out of headphones I've owned with pleather and leather pads, the leather pads generally breathe better and are more tolerable in the summer months. I think if you tried them and disliked them, you could probably sell them to someone with a 507 (or one of the older models that use them) on the FS thread without too much trouble either.post #3 of 97/16/12 at 7:52amThread Starterpost #4 of 97/16/12 at 5:48pmI don't know that, sorry. From pictures I would guess "probably" but I don't know for certain. While re-posting is usually frowned upon here, you might try posting this question in Summit-Fi, as a lot of the STAX guys hang out there (and would be more likely to see it) - I'm kind of surprised you haven't gotten more replies.post #5 of 97/17/12 at 3:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 97/18/12 at 9:27am
I should be able to give some feedback on this in a couple of days. I'm having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot, so I've ordered a pair of 404LE earpads (which are real leather, too) for my SR404's. They should arrive in a few days.
I don't know whether the 404LE earpads are the same as the ones on the 507 - but I guess all should be compatible with each other since the housing is essentially the same for all Lambdas.post #7 of 97/18/12 at 10:01amQuote:
They are the same exact size so no problems fitting them. I would use some temporary glue if you might end up selling them as the glue supplied is very strong so removing them is problematic and it might damage the pads.post #8 of 97/19/12 at 2:23pmThread Starterpost #9 of 99/5/12 at 11:18am
I'm a new owner of a pair of slightly used STAX SR-202 having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot & sweaty on my ears.
I assume the 404 LE leather earpads are very nice & comfortable, but rather expensive - US $109.
I think of covering the pleather with a thin layer of Alcantara. This should work.
- Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Like new Sennheiser HD650 w/ HPL SPC Litz And stock Cable 11 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 12 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Dedicated Class A Headphone Power Amplifier (Tube or SS) for use... 4 minutes ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)