I tried, but I couldn't fit the whole ewe in the cups...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Closed headphones for music + gaming? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone? Last post on 9/24/12 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on headphones to compliment my Q701. (<200$) Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could a modded T50rp best an HD650 (or come close to an LCD-2)? Last post on 5/22/13 at 4:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements - Page 52post #766 of 147711/13/13 at 12:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 147711/13/13 at 1:00pm
Guess the word synthetic got lost in the translation.
I'm dead serious get over to a dollar store and grab one of those car polishing mits. You can trim this stuff down to tune with. It teases wonderfullyand doesn't rot or compress over time.post #768 of 147711/13/13 at 6:54pmpost #769 of 147711/13/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
That anything like pulled pork?post #770 of 147711/13/13 at 7:11pmpost #771 of 147711/13/13 at 7:49pmpost #772 of 147711/13/13 at 8:06pm
It's a common mistake to put the entire egg in. Separate the yolk and use the whites only as they will stiffen as the sound vibrates air into them. The yolks may be used to improved the dielectric in the wires, but some feel the sound becomes too runny so YMMV.post #773 of 147711/13/13 at 8:25pmQuote:
How does one maintain the correct tension on whites?post #774 of 147711/13/13 at 8:56pm
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.post #775 of 147711/13/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.
Ah but if you overdo that you wind up with a pair of foam padspost #776 of 147711/13/13 at 10:28pm
Which... if you're wearing at the time, guarantees a perfect seal around your head to produce better bass response!post #777 of 147711/13/13 at 10:36pmQuote:
Up unitl the cat gets a whiff of em.post #778 of 147711/13/13 at 10:49pm
My bad, I forgot to mention that you're supposed to save the eggshells and toss those around for the cat.post #779 of 147711/15/13 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by glorkaglickflic
Wonderfully detailed post. I was looking at your profile and musical tastes. We do share a lot in common regarding that. I think you might enjoy exploring Música Popular Brasileira (MPB). I got into Bossa Nova via Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto. However, Elis Regina took vocals to a whole other level. She could sing Bossa Nova with the best of them (Astrud's specialty). In fact, she did an album with "Tom" Jobim which is considered a definitive Bossa Nova album. But her voice could soar to the stratosphere in other genres as well. She often sang Ivan Lin's songs, but she was really very unique. Called the "little pepper' or "little tornado," she sang with passion. There are other artists, both male and female, that you can explore.
Another great Brazilian singer and guitarist is Rosa Passos, just recently became aware of her work while researching Ron Carter, the great Jazz bassist. Her soft and seductive style is wonderfully represented on the album "Entre Amigos", with Carter on acoustic bass. It is on the Chesky label and small samplings are available on HD Tracks. Very much in the Bossa Nova genre and similar to the other artists you and BMF have mentioned. Entre Amigos is one of my "go to" albums to evaluate vocals and acoustic music on headphones.
- Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Breaking-in headphones, the final verdict! 19 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 5 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 7 minutes ago
- › Device DACs or portable DACS? 7 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)