I tried, but I couldn't fit the whole ewe in the cups...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Closed headphones for music + gaming? Last post on 2/7/15 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone? Last post on 9/24/12 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on headphones to compliment my Q701. (<200$) Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could a modded T50rp best an HD650 (or come close to an LCD-2)? Last post on 5/22/13 at 4:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements - Page 52post #766 of 215911/13/13 at 12:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 215911/13/13 at 1:00pm
Guess the word synthetic got lost in the translation.
I'm dead serious get over to a dollar store and grab one of those car polishing mits. You can trim this stuff down to tune with. It teases wonderfullyand doesn't rot or compress over time.post #768 of 215911/13/13 at 6:54pm
Creatogy has a recent product called pulled felt or wool-felt it's a bug fuzzy carded type of the typical thing craft felt. lots of coloured feathers there also.post #769 of 215911/13/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
That anything like pulled pork?post #770 of 215911/13/13 at 7:11pmpost #771 of 215911/13/13 at 7:49pmpost #772 of 215911/13/13 at 8:06pm
It's a common mistake to put the entire egg in. Separate the yolk and use the whites only as they will stiffen as the sound vibrates air into them. The yolks may be used to improved the dielectric in the wires, but some feel the sound becomes too runny so YMMV.post #773 of 215911/13/13 at 8:25pmQuote:
How does one maintain the correct tension on whites?post #774 of 215911/13/13 at 8:56pm
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.post #775 of 215911/13/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.
Ah but if you overdo that you wind up with a pair of foam padspost #776 of 215911/13/13 at 10:28pm
Which... if you're wearing at the time, guarantees a perfect seal around your head to produce better bass response!post #777 of 215911/13/13 at 10:36pmQuote:
Up unitl the cat gets a whiff of em.post #778 of 215911/13/13 at 10:49pm
My bad, I forgot to mention that you're supposed to save the eggshells and toss those around for the cat.post #779 of 215911/15/13 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by glorkaglickflic
Wonderfully detailed post. I was looking at your profile and musical tastes. We do share a lot in common regarding that. I think you might enjoy exploring Música Popular Brasileira (MPB). I got into Bossa Nova via Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto. However, Elis Regina took vocals to a whole other level. She could sing Bossa Nova with the best of them (Astrud's specialty). In fact, she did an album with "Tom" Jobim which is considered a definitive Bossa Nova album. But her voice could soar to the stratosphere in other genres as well. She often sang Ivan Lin's songs, but she was really very unique. Called the "little pepper' or "little tornado," she sang with passion. There are other artists, both male and female, that you can explore.
Another great Brazilian singer and guitarist is Rosa Passos, just recently became aware of her work while researching Ron Carter, the great Jazz bassist. Her soft and seductive style is wonderfully represented on the album "Entre Amigos", with Carter on acoustic bass. It is on the Chesky label and small samplings are available on HD Tracks. Very much in the Bossa Nova genre and similar to the other artists you and BMF have mentioned. Entre Amigos is one of my "go to" albums to evaluate vocals and acoustic music on headphones.
- Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Albuquerque April 2016 meet impressions 1 minute ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 9 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse