I tried, but I couldn't fit the whole ewe in the cups...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Closed headphones for music + gaming? Last post on 2/7/15 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone? Last post on 9/24/12 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on headphones to compliment my Q701. (<200$) Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could a modded T50rp best an HD650 (or come close to an LCD-2)? Last post on 5/22/13 at 4:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements - Page 52post #766 of 187911/13/13 at 12:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 187911/13/13 at 1:00pm
Guess the word synthetic got lost in the translation.
I'm dead serious get over to a dollar store and grab one of those car polishing mits. You can trim this stuff down to tune with. It teases wonderfullyand doesn't rot or compress over time.post #768 of 187911/13/13 at 6:54pmpost #769 of 187911/13/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
That anything like pulled pork?post #770 of 187911/13/13 at 7:11pmpost #771 of 187911/13/13 at 7:49pmpost #772 of 187911/13/13 at 8:06pm
It's a common mistake to put the entire egg in. Separate the yolk and use the whites only as they will stiffen as the sound vibrates air into them. The yolks may be used to improved the dielectric in the wires, but some feel the sound becomes too runny so YMMV.post #773 of 187911/13/13 at 8:25pmQuote:
How does one maintain the correct tension on whites?post #774 of 187911/13/13 at 8:56pm
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.post #775 of 187911/13/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.
Ah but if you overdo that you wind up with a pair of foam padspost #776 of 187911/13/13 at 10:28pm
Which... if you're wearing at the time, guarantees a perfect seal around your head to produce better bass response!post #777 of 187911/13/13 at 10:36pmQuote:
Up unitl the cat gets a whiff of em.post #778 of 187911/13/13 at 10:49pm
My bad, I forgot to mention that you're supposed to save the eggshells and toss those around for the cat.post #779 of 187911/15/13 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by glorkaglickflic
Wonderfully detailed post. I was looking at your profile and musical tastes. We do share a lot in common regarding that. I think you might enjoy exploring Música Popular Brasileira (MPB). I got into Bossa Nova via Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto. However, Elis Regina took vocals to a whole other level. She could sing Bossa Nova with the best of them (Astrud's specialty). In fact, she did an album with "Tom" Jobim which is considered a definitive Bossa Nova album. But her voice could soar to the stratosphere in other genres as well. She often sang Ivan Lin's songs, but she was really very unique. Called the "little pepper' or "little tornado," she sang with passion. There are other artists, both male and female, that you can explore.
Another great Brazilian singer and guitarist is Rosa Passos, just recently became aware of her work while researching Ron Carter, the great Jazz bassist. Her soft and seductive style is wonderfully represented on the album "Entre Amigos", with Carter on acoustic bass. It is on the Chesky label and small samplings are available on HD Tracks. Very much in the Bossa Nova genre and similar to the other artists you and BMF have mentioned. Entre Amigos is one of my "go to" albums to evaluate vocals and acoustic music on headphones.
- Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 17 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 24 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 1 minute ago
- › New Stoner Acoustics Ruby Portable Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 4 minutes ago
- › AC vs. DC umbilical power cord 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2