I tried, but I couldn't fit the whole ewe in the cups...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Closed headphones for music + gaming? Last post on 2/7/15 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone? Last post on 9/24/12 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on headphones to compliment my Q701. (<200$) Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could a modded T50rp best an HD650 (or come close to an LCD-2)? Last post on 5/22/13 at 4:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements - Page 52post #766 of 188511/13/13 at 12:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 188511/13/13 at 1:00pm
Guess the word synthetic got lost in the translation.
I'm dead serious get over to a dollar store and grab one of those car polishing mits. You can trim this stuff down to tune with. It teases wonderfullyand doesn't rot or compress over time.post #768 of 188511/13/13 at 6:54pmpost #769 of 188511/13/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
That anything like pulled pork?post #770 of 188511/13/13 at 7:11pmpost #771 of 188511/13/13 at 7:49pmpost #772 of 188511/13/13 at 8:06pm
It's a common mistake to put the entire egg in. Separate the yolk and use the whites only as they will stiffen as the sound vibrates air into them. The yolks may be used to improved the dielectric in the wires, but some feel the sound becomes too runny so YMMV.post #773 of 188511/13/13 at 8:25pmQuote:
How does one maintain the correct tension on whites?post #774 of 188511/13/13 at 8:56pm
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.post #775 of 188511/13/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.
Ah but if you overdo that you wind up with a pair of foam padspost #776 of 188511/13/13 at 10:28pm
Which... if you're wearing at the time, guarantees a perfect seal around your head to produce better bass response!post #777 of 188511/13/13 at 10:36pmQuote:
Up unitl the cat gets a whiff of em.post #778 of 188511/13/13 at 10:49pm
My bad, I forgot to mention that you're supposed to save the eggshells and toss those around for the cat.post #779 of 188511/15/13 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by glorkaglickflic
Wonderfully detailed post. I was looking at your profile and musical tastes. We do share a lot in common regarding that. I think you might enjoy exploring Música Popular Brasileira (MPB). I got into Bossa Nova via Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto. However, Elis Regina took vocals to a whole other level. She could sing Bossa Nova with the best of them (Astrud's specialty). In fact, she did an album with "Tom" Jobim which is considered a definitive Bossa Nova album. But her voice could soar to the stratosphere in other genres as well. She often sang Ivan Lin's songs, but she was really very unique. Called the "little pepper' or "little tornado," she sang with passion. There are other artists, both male and female, that you can explore.
Another great Brazilian singer and guitarist is Rosa Passos, just recently became aware of her work while researching Ron Carter, the great Jazz bassist. Her soft and seductive style is wonderfully represented on the album "Entre Amigos", with Carter on acoustic bass. It is on the Chesky label and small samplings are available on HD Tracks. Very much in the Bossa Nova genre and similar to the other artists you and BMF have mentioned. Entre Amigos is one of my "go to" albums to evaluate vocals and acoustic music on headphones.
- Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Final Audio Design Lab 1 - Int Shipping Included 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 9 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 10 minutes ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 11 minutes ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 12 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)