I tried, but I couldn't fit the whole ewe in the cups...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Closed headphones for music + gaming? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone? Last post on 9/24/12 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on headphones to compliment my Q701. (<200$) Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could a modded T50rp best an HD650 (or come close to an LCD-2)? Last post on 5/22/13 at 4:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements - Page 52post #766 of 114811/13/13 at 12:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 114811/13/13 at 1:00pm
Guess the word synthetic got lost in the translation.
I'm dead serious get over to a dollar store and grab one of those car polishing mits. You can trim this stuff down to tune with. It teases wonderfullyand doesn't rot or compress over time.post #768 of 114811/13/13 at 6:54pmpost #769 of 114811/13/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
That anything like pulled pork?post #770 of 114811/13/13 at 7:11pmpost #771 of 114811/13/13 at 7:49pmpost #772 of 114811/13/13 at 8:06pm
It's a common mistake to put the entire egg in. Separate the yolk and use the whites only as they will stiffen as the sound vibrates air into them. The yolks may be used to improved the dielectric in the wires, but some feel the sound becomes too runny so YMMV.post #773 of 114811/13/13 at 8:25pmQuote:
How does one maintain the correct tension on whites?post #774 of 114811/13/13 at 8:56pm
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.post #775 of 114811/13/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
The usual method is to run a sine wave as this induces simple harmonic vibration in the driver. The exact frequency and amplitude will vary on the individual driver. Higher frequencies will beat air in faster, and larger amplitudes bring in larger bubbles, but you don't want to overdo it or the whites will destabilize and collapse.
Ah but if you overdo that you wind up with a pair of foam padspost #776 of 114811/13/13 at 10:28pm
Which... if you're wearing at the time, guarantees a perfect seal around your head to produce better bass response!post #777 of 114811/13/13 at 10:36pmQuote:
Up unitl the cat gets a whiff of em.post #778 of 114811/13/13 at 10:49pm
My bad, I forgot to mention that you're supposed to save the eggshells and toss those around for the cat.post #779 of 114811/15/13 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by glorkaglickflic
Wonderfully detailed post. I was looking at your profile and musical tastes. We do share a lot in common regarding that. I think you might enjoy exploring Música Popular Brasileira (MPB). I got into Bossa Nova via Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto. However, Elis Regina took vocals to a whole other level. She could sing Bossa Nova with the best of them (Astrud's specialty). In fact, she did an album with "Tom" Jobim which is considered a definitive Bossa Nova album. But her voice could soar to the stratosphere in other genres as well. She often sang Ivan Lin's songs, but she was really very unique. Called the "little pepper' or "little tornado," she sang with passion. There are other artists, both male and female, that you can explore.
Another great Brazilian singer and guitarist is Rosa Passos, just recently became aware of her work while researching Ron Carter, the great Jazz bassist. Her soft and seductive style is wonderfully represented on the album "Entre Amigos", with Carter on acoustic bass. It is on the Chesky label and small samplings are available on HD Tracks. Very much in the Bossa Nova genre and similar to the other artists you and BMF have mentioned. Entre Amigos is one of my "go to" albums to evaluate vocals and acoustic music on headphones.
- Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Looking for headphones with a $200 (Canadian) budget 49 seconds ago
- › HD600 cable upgrade - worth it? 3 minutes ago
- › Travel Kit 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH-940 Crack and their service! 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › JH 5 Pro (Final Price Drop) 8 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 8 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)