or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements - Page 69

post #1021 of 2259
Thread Starter 
CTFG,

Thanks for posting. I've tried everything except the plastic cross but not with your config.

I'm glad to hear you like the sound you created.

You could paint for me any day!

~ BMF
post #1022 of 2259
I've used temperpedic memory foam before, the biggest difference I noticed is the mid bass increase in quantity and tightness
post #1023 of 2259
Thread Starter 
Hey! Another material I've not tried before and added to Must Try list. Thanks!
post #1024 of 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonkeyflyer View Post

CTFG,

Thanks for posting. I've tried everything except the plastic cross but not with your config.

I'm glad to hear you like the sound you created.

You could paint for me any day!

~ BMF

You just let me know when. Haha

post #1025 of 2259

You can get a free sample... http://www.tempurpedic.com/Our-Company/information-kit.asp

 

Too bad we can't get that in Canada :(

post #1026 of 2259

Anyone know the dimensions of the drivers on the T50RP?  I was thinking of transplanting the drivers from a T20v2 that I recently picked up onto my already painted T50RP enclosure whose drivers were fried (and I threw out, derp). 

 

As a side note, I'm fiddling with the T20v2 drivers.  Anybody have any experience modding them (if they are at all different from the T50RP drivers, which I assume they are). 

post #1027 of 2259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

You can get a free sample... http://www.tempurpedic.com/Our-Company/information-kit.asp

Too bad we can't get that in Canada frown.gif

I requested a sample. Thanks!
post #1028 of 2259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgpront View Post

Anyone know the dimensions of the drivers on the T50RP?  I was thinking of transplanting the drivers from a T20v2 that I recently picked up onto my already painted T50RP enclosure whose drivers were fried (and I threw out, derp). 

As a side note, I'm fiddling with the T20v2 drivers.  Anybody have any experience modding them (if they are at all different from the T50RP drivers, which I assume they are). 

Search the Orthodynamic Roundup thread for T20v2 tuning tips. Also, check Faust3D's Wikiphonia site.

I'll measure T50RP dimensions and post tonight. The diaphragm frame is 48 x 52 mm, not counting the solder pad that protrudes outside the frame and not counting the 3 driver to baffle screw sockets.

Too bad you tossed the fried diaphragms. Unless they were truly toast, they may have been repairable.
Edited by bluemonkeyflyer - 5/16/14 at 5:49am
post #1029 of 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboybass View Post

I've used temperpedic memory foam before, the biggest difference I noticed is the mid bass increase in quantity and tightness

 

Other open-cell foams can also work well, though it depends on what you use and the specific application. I got a few various materials off this site to play around with for both internal cup and front driver damping: http://www.foambymail.com/

post #1030 of 2259
I work at a plastic sheet company and I'm making some 1/4 sheet tonight, I'm going to bring some home and make spacers for between the driver and baffle to make the driver farther from my ear to see what it does to the sound stage.
post #1031 of 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonkeyflyer View Post


Search the Orthodynamic Roundup thread for T20v2 tuning tips. Also, check Faust3D's Wikiphonia site.

I'll measure T50RP dimensions and post tonight. The diaphragm frame is 44 x 52 mm, not counting the solder pad that protrudes outside the frame and not counting the 3 driver to baffle screw sockets.

Too bad you tossed the fried diaphragms. Unless they were truly toast, they may have been repairable.

 

Haha, I sparked my drivers because I had just come from lab.  My bad for not wearing an antistatic band.

 

I checked Wikiphonia, but it doesn't have the driver size for some reason.  According to some people on Head-Fi (after a while of searching), the drivers should be the same. 

post #1032 of 2259
Thread Starter 

 

 

 

T50RP drivers are square. T20v2 drivers are round. 

 

 

Here's one of my T20v2 mods I did 2 years ago:

 

T20v2 round driver with stock white damping material ~ 50 mm diameter. The driver housing appears to be built into the baffle as a single unit.

Newplast around the driver and onto the baffle.

 

Paxmate Plus in cup floor wells

Not Shown: Stock open cell foam disk fills the cup and compresses against the back of the driver

 

Stiff felt donut on back of driver

 

Soft felt inner disk

 

Paxmate Plus "Ear Ring"

Stock pads 

I have not tried Shure 840 pads, yet.


Edited by bluemonkeyflyer - 5/16/14 at 12:34pm
post #1033 of 2259

Interesting baffles you've got there... new project in the works?

post #1034 of 2259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

Interesting baffles you've got there... new project in the works?

 

Those were sent by a friend to try out a few ideas.

post #1035 of 2259
what would the effect of putting paxmate rings on ear side baffles? I forgot :P
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements