My newly acquired, used, Shuguang Treasure is massively microphonic on the right side. Garbage time or can it be scared solid?
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to know when using a stereo amplifier is better (or worse) than a 'headphone'... Last post on 2/27/15 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 1st Greek Headphone Festival Last post on 9/14/14 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it true that a portable amp can boost the bass on a pair of headphones? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 6SN7--continuing on a new thread Last post on 3/22/13 at 11:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mysterious 12AU7/ECC82 Vacuum Tubes Last post on 4/7/13 at 1:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
- Headphone Impedance
Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes the gorgeous ones and I don't even know what reverse the sockets would mean ;) Smacking it around helped. Its less microphone and more microphonic now. Not that it matter, the Syl Bad Boy came in and wow, just wow. Shug is back in its box :p
For such a nice tube, I would HOPE that they go through a strict quality assurance process... And besides a failed getter, I think that microphonics on a major signal tube is just unnaceptable.... But with the company being located in China, it's not exactly an easy return...
I'd hit the hardware store for a Teflon o-ring (plumbing section) that would both work for the glass envelope and withstand the heat, and see if that dampens any microphonics picked up.
Edited by Nick 214 - 7/20/12 at 10:17am
Hmm now the Sylvania Bad Boy is doing the same and still just the right side. Also seems that the cables whether interconnect or headphone are the easiest way to trip the effect. Thoughts?
Yup, send the puppy back for warranty service. If it's based on a PC board then you may have a bad solder joint on your hands. If it was out of warranty and you're handy w/ soldering iron it would be fairly easy to fix. Look for any large part that may have leverage that would vibrate or move and you will narrow it down, like a coupling cap or tube socket.
So we think a bad solder joint could cause the amp to be very micro-phonic when impacted? To be clear... if used normally with no outside impact event, no micro-phonics. Still a solder problem?
- Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 second ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 6 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 53 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2