My newly acquired, used, Shuguang Treasure is massively microphonic on the right side. Garbage time or can it be scared solid?
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Is it true that a portable amp can boost the bass on a pair of headphones? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 6SN7--continuing on a new thread Last post on 3/22/13 at 11:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mysterious 12AU7/ECC82 Vacuum Tubes Last post on 4/7/13 at 1:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- can I use retro amps? Last post on 1/20/13 at 9:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [Question] Why don't people separate pre-amp with headphone amplifiers? Last post on 1/21/13 at 12:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Headphone Impedance
Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes the gorgeous ones and I don't even know what reverse the sockets would mean ;) Smacking it around helped. Its less microphone and more microphonic now. Not that it matter, the Syl Bad Boy came in and wow, just wow. Shug is back in its box :p
For such a nice tube, I would HOPE that they go through a strict quality assurance process... And besides a failed getter, I think that microphonics on a major signal tube is just unnaceptable.... But with the company being located in China, it's not exactly an easy return...
I'd hit the hardware store for a Teflon o-ring (plumbing section) that would both work for the glass envelope and withstand the heat, and see if that dampens any microphonics picked up.
Edited by Nick 214 - 7/20/12 at 10:17am
Hmm now the Sylvania Bad Boy is doing the same and still just the right side. Also seems that the cables whether interconnect or headphone are the easiest way to trip the effect. Thoughts?
Yup, send the puppy back for warranty service. If it's based on a PC board then you may have a bad solder joint on your hands. If it was out of warranty and you're handy w/ soldering iron it would be fairly easy to fix. Look for any large part that may have leverage that would vibrate or move and you will narrow it down, like a coupling cap or tube socket.
So we think a bad solder joint could cause the amp to be very micro-phonic when impacted? To be clear... if used normally with no outside impact event, no micro-phonics. Still a solder problem?
- Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 12 seconds ago
- › Impressions on the new Beats Solo HD 2.0 (Drenched in Color) 58 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)