My newly acquired, used, Shuguang Treasure is massively microphonic on the right side. Garbage time or can it be scared solid?
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to know when using a stereo amplifier is better (or worse) than a 'headphone'... Last post on 2/27/15 at 1:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 1st Greek Headphone Festival Last post on 9/14/14 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it true that a portable amp can boost the bass on a pair of headphones? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 6SN7--continuing on a new thread Last post on 3/22/13 at 11:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mysterious 12AU7/ECC82 Vacuum Tubes Last post on 4/7/13 at 1:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
- Headphone Impedance
Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes the gorgeous ones and I don't even know what reverse the sockets would mean ;) Smacking it around helped. Its less microphone and more microphonic now. Not that it matter, the Syl Bad Boy came in and wow, just wow. Shug is back in its box :p
For such a nice tube, I would HOPE that they go through a strict quality assurance process... And besides a failed getter, I think that microphonics on a major signal tube is just unnaceptable.... But with the company being located in China, it's not exactly an easy return...
I'd hit the hardware store for a Teflon o-ring (plumbing section) that would both work for the glass envelope and withstand the heat, and see if that dampens any microphonics picked up.
Edited by Nick 214 - 7/20/12 at 10:17am
Hmm now the Sylvania Bad Boy is doing the same and still just the right side. Also seems that the cables whether interconnect or headphone are the easiest way to trip the effect. Thoughts?
Yup, send the puppy back for warranty service. If it's based on a PC board then you may have a bad solder joint on your hands. If it was out of warranty and you're handy w/ soldering iron it would be fairly easy to fix. Look for any large part that may have leverage that would vibrate or move and you will narrow it down, like a coupling cap or tube socket.
So we think a bad solder joint could cause the amp to be very micro-phonic when impacted? To be clear... if used normally with no outside impact event, no micro-phonics. Still a solder problem?
- Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Looking for new earbuds! $80 - $125 36 seconds ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 49 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › $399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip 5 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 6 minutes ago
- › My DIY earphones 6 minutes ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 22 Portable Sources, Lotoo Paw 5000... 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 9 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 11 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 13 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3