My newly acquired, used, Shuguang Treasure is massively microphonic on the right side. Garbage time or can it be scared solid?
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Is it true that a portable amp can boost the bass on a pair of headphones? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 6SN7--continuing on a new thread Last post on 3/22/13 at 11:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mysterious 12AU7/ECC82 Vacuum Tubes Last post on 4/7/13 at 1:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- can I use retro amps? Last post on 1/20/13 at 9:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [Question] Why don't people separate pre-amp with headphone amplifiers? Last post on 1/21/13 at 12:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
- Headphone Impedance
Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes the gorgeous ones and I don't even know what reverse the sockets would mean ;) Smacking it around helped. Its less microphone and more microphonic now. Not that it matter, the Syl Bad Boy came in and wow, just wow. Shug is back in its box :p
For such a nice tube, I would HOPE that they go through a strict quality assurance process... And besides a failed getter, I think that microphonics on a major signal tube is just unnaceptable.... But with the company being located in China, it's not exactly an easy return...
I'd hit the hardware store for a Teflon o-ring (plumbing section) that would both work for the glass envelope and withstand the heat, and see if that dampens any microphonics picked up.
Edited by Nick 214 - 7/20/12 at 10:17am
Hmm now the Sylvania Bad Boy is doing the same and still just the right side. Also seems that the cables whether interconnect or headphone are the easiest way to trip the effect. Thoughts?
Yup, send the puppy back for warranty service. If it's based on a PC board then you may have a bad solder joint on your hands. If it was out of warranty and you're handy w/ soldering iron it would be fairly easy to fix. Look for any large part that may have leverage that would vibrate or move and you will narrow it down, like a coupling cap or tube socket.
So we think a bad solder joint could cause the amp to be very micro-phonic when impacted? To be clear... if used normally with no outside impact event, no micro-phonics. Still a solder problem?
- Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 7 seconds ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 19 seconds ago
- › 100 >= IEM wars: Ostry KC06, Hifiman Re-400, VSonic VSD3S, Havi Pro 1 49 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 3 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Fiio X3 barely used $100 shipped in CONUS only 3 minutes ago
- › Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Pan Am Stack with Tubes 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)