My newly acquired, used, Shuguang Treasure is massively microphonic on the right side. Garbage time or can it be scared solid?
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Is it true that a portable amp can boost the bass on a pair of headphones? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 6SN7--continuing on a new thread Last post on 3/22/13 at 11:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mysterious 12AU7/ECC82 Vacuum Tubes Last post on 4/7/13 at 1:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- can I use retro amps? Last post on 1/20/13 at 9:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [Question] Why don't people separate pre-amp with headphone amplifiers? Last post on 1/21/13 at 12:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
- Headphone Impedance
Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
Yes the gorgeous ones and I don't even know what reverse the sockets would mean ;) Smacking it around helped. Its less microphone and more microphonic now. Not that it matter, the Syl Bad Boy came in and wow, just wow. Shug is back in its box :p
For such a nice tube, I would HOPE that they go through a strict quality assurance process... And besides a failed getter, I think that microphonics on a major signal tube is just unnaceptable.... But with the company being located in China, it's not exactly an easy return...
I'd hit the hardware store for a Teflon o-ring (plumbing section) that would both work for the glass envelope and withstand the heat, and see if that dampens any microphonics picked up.
Edited by Nick 214 - 7/20/12 at 10:17am
Hmm now the Sylvania Bad Boy is doing the same and still just the right side. Also seems that the cables whether interconnect or headphone are the easiest way to trip the effect. Thoughts?
Yup, send the puppy back for warranty service. If it's based on a PC board then you may have a bad solder joint on your hands. If it was out of warranty and you're handy w/ soldering iron it would be fairly easy to fix. Look for any large part that may have leverage that would vibrate or move and you will narrow it down, like a coupling cap or tube socket.
So we think a bad solder joint could cause the amp to be very micro-phonic when impacted? To be clear... if used normally with no outside impact event, no micro-phonics. Still a solder problem?
- Silly question I think I know the answer to but...
- › Chord Hugo 40 seconds ago
- › upgrading to soundmagic E10 58 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)