I think I'm set on the M-80s...
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone do you take when you travel? Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Amperiors vs. DT1350s vs. M-80s Please Help - Page 2post #16 of 197/16/12 at 4:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 197/17/12 at 10:19am
i have the M80 and the DT1350 and, just for my own personal preferences, I like the DT1350 quite a bit better.
I only listen to soundtracks/trailer music, which I guess is kind of like classical, except probably relying on bass lines more.
To me, the DT1350 is clearer throughout (from lows to mids to highs), which I like. Also, if you find the correct position of the earcups (relative to your ears), which becomes second-nature, partially because I think the cushions eventually mold a bit to your ears, the bass (to me) is powerful and super tight.
I've read that it has a certain hollow sound in part of the spectrum (somewhere in the mids, i think), but this doesn't bother me.
In terms of build quality, I think the M80 wins. it seems indestructible. Aesthetically, I actually like the DT1350 better.
Both come in a carrying case, but V-Moda's is better (it's hard and molded). Also the M80 has detachable cords.post #18 of 197/17/12 at 11:20amThread Starterpost #19 of 197/24/12 at 12:27pmQuote:
The M-80s are pretty amazing, hope you enjoy them! I have been interested in trying some DT1350s. Hope to in the near future as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amperiors vs. DT1350s vs. M-80s Please Help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Android phones and USB DACs 11 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 39 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › The Answer to $400 Smooth & Warm Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Help on buying headphones + DAC/AMP/SoundCard setup for PC-gaming... 6 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 6 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2