I think I'm set on the M-80s...
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone do you take when you travel? Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
With thanks to @alexsv of WyWires and @ejong7 my esteemed friend and headfier extraordinaire, I have the privilege of bringing to the UK the WyWires Red Headphone Cable. I have been sent these all...
Jomo4 The full and long review can be found here: LINK Website: jomoaudio.com Product page: Link Specifications: o Quad Balanced Armature Drivers: 1 x...
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Amperiors vs. DT1350s vs. M-80s Please Help - Page 2post #16 of 197/16/12 at 4:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 197/17/12 at 10:19am
i have the M80 and the DT1350 and, just for my own personal preferences, I like the DT1350 quite a bit better.
I only listen to soundtracks/trailer music, which I guess is kind of like classical, except probably relying on bass lines more.
To me, the DT1350 is clearer throughout (from lows to mids to highs), which I like. Also, if you find the correct position of the earcups (relative to your ears), which becomes second-nature, partially because I think the cushions eventually mold a bit to your ears, the bass (to me) is powerful and super tight.
I've read that it has a certain hollow sound in part of the spectrum (somewhere in the mids, i think), but this doesn't bother me.
In terms of build quality, I think the M80 wins. it seems indestructible. Aesthetically, I actually like the DT1350 better.
Both come in a carrying case, but V-Moda's is better (it's hard and molded). Also the M80 has detachable cords.post #18 of 197/17/12 at 11:20amThread Starterpost #19 of 197/24/12 at 12:27pmQuote:
The M-80s are pretty amazing, hope you enjoy them! I have been interested in trying some DT1350s. Hope to in the near future as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amperiors vs. DT1350s vs. M-80s Please Help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 37 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 1st Gen vs 2nd 3 minutes ago
- › Newly Released Sennheiser CX Series Earphones: In particular, the... 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 9 minutes ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable by Takeanidea
- › Jomo Audio Jomo4 by Zelda
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...