I think I'm set on the M-80s...
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone do you take when you travel? Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Amperiors vs. DT1350s vs. M-80s Please Help - Page 2post #16 of 197/16/12 at 4:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 197/17/12 at 10:19am
i have the M80 and the DT1350 and, just for my own personal preferences, I like the DT1350 quite a bit better.
I only listen to soundtracks/trailer music, which I guess is kind of like classical, except probably relying on bass lines more.
To me, the DT1350 is clearer throughout (from lows to mids to highs), which I like. Also, if you find the correct position of the earcups (relative to your ears), which becomes second-nature, partially because I think the cushions eventually mold a bit to your ears, the bass (to me) is powerful and super tight.
I've read that it has a certain hollow sound in part of the spectrum (somewhere in the mids, i think), but this doesn't bother me.
In terms of build quality, I think the M80 wins. it seems indestructible. Aesthetically, I actually like the DT1350 better.
Both come in a carrying case, but V-Moda's is better (it's hard and molded). Also the M80 has detachable cords.post #18 of 197/17/12 at 11:20amThread Starterpost #19 of 197/24/12 at 12:27pmQuote:
The M-80s are pretty amazing, hope you enjoy them! I have been interested in trying some DT1350s. Hope to in the near future as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amperiors vs. DT1350s vs. M-80s Please Help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 53 seconds ago
- › Jack to USB, what options are there? 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3