I think I'm set on the M-80s...
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone do you take when you travel? Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
Amperiors vs. DT1350s vs. M-80s Please Help - Page 2post #16 of 197/16/12 at 4:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 197/17/12 at 10:19am
i have the M80 and the DT1350 and, just for my own personal preferences, I like the DT1350 quite a bit better.
I only listen to soundtracks/trailer music, which I guess is kind of like classical, except probably relying on bass lines more.
To me, the DT1350 is clearer throughout (from lows to mids to highs), which I like. Also, if you find the correct position of the earcups (relative to your ears), which becomes second-nature, partially because I think the cushions eventually mold a bit to your ears, the bass (to me) is powerful and super tight.
I've read that it has a certain hollow sound in part of the spectrum (somewhere in the mids, i think), but this doesn't bother me.
In terms of build quality, I think the M80 wins. it seems indestructible. Aesthetically, I actually like the DT1350 better.
Both come in a carrying case, but V-Moda's is better (it's hard and molded). Also the M80 has detachable cords.post #18 of 197/17/12 at 11:20amThread Starterpost #19 of 197/24/12 at 12:27pmQuote:
The M-80s are pretty amazing, hope you enjoy them! I have been interested in trying some DT1350s. Hope to in the near future as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amperiors vs. DT1350s vs. M-80s Please Help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 38 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 43 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 47 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Recommendation from a limited 1 minute ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)