I know Bose in general isn't very well received on these forums, but I think there MIE2i is filling a niche others are missing. Let me explain, I have a company vehicle with a stock AM/FM radio that leaves a lot to be desired. I spend a lot of time on the road driving all over the state. I use my personal XM satellite radio for a majority of my listening but I am also on the phone a lot. My go to setup had been Klipsch S4i in one ear for talking on the phone and listening to the radio through the other ear. I don't like or think its safe to have the level of isolation most Iem's provide while driving. I have read on these forums that the MIE2i provide almost no isolation so I purchased a set from Best Buy and used up some RZ Certificates I had. They work exactly like I hoped. I can wear them on both ears, talk on the phone, hear traffic and the satellite radio through them. Additionally, I can listen to music through my iphone, something I didn't want to do with only one earphone before. They are comfortable and stay in place even while turning my head. Sound wise they sound pretty darn good. In addition to my S4i's I also own TF10's, MCPC and my favorites Ie80's they are not giving any of the last 3 a run for the money but they sound better then expected and a whole lot better then the stock speakers in the truck. Don't get me wrong, I love the isolation and wonderful sound from my other IEM's but they are just too isolating for driving or anything else that involves traffic IMHO. It would be nice if other manufactures had some options for good sounding , low isolation, phone & mic controlled headphones. Bose charges a premium for what they are selling but they are the only ones that I know of filling that niche.
Related Forum Threads
- Iem for workout ~100$ Last post on 3/11/13 at 3:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose MIE2i or iBeats? Last post on 5/25/12 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Bose MIE2i fills a niche and sound better then expectedpost #1 of 127/15/12 at 9:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/16/12 at 7:10pmpost #3 of 127/17/12 at 6:56ampost #4 of 127/17/12 at 2:59pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1210/1/12 at 1:00amQuote:
I hope I'm not resurrecting an old thread here. However, I find this very interesting: is the Bose the only company offering a 'phone like this?
What I mean is this: I like my M6 for running, but they are too isolating, and I like my new EarPods that came with my iPhone for sitting around and still being able to hear things, but they fall out with any level of activity. Is Bose literally the only company making a comfortable, secure product with low isolation? I keep thinking I like the open/vented design of the new EarPods and I wish they had some kind of memory wire or something.post #6 of 1210/2/12 at 3:53pmpost #7 of 1210/2/12 at 4:48pm
Cool. However, I just read the original EarPod thread (very entertaining sir) and I think I will try the foamie mod first, then get the seen MX580 in the future.post #8 of 1210/2/12 at 4:53pmpost #9 of 129/2/13 at 2:28amI know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.post #10 of 129/2/13 at 12:34pmQuote:Woah, that's a good price; do you know if this is at all radio shack stores? I actually like the signature and comfort of EarPods, are the Bose just as comfortable? And thanks for the heads up.Originally Posted by eeymanjones
I know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.post #11 of 129/3/13 at 6:19pmThe MIE2 is much more comfortable than the stock ear buds or pods that come with idevices. I do believe they will have even slightly less isolation though. At $40 they are worth having though.post #12 of 129/5/13 at 8:32amYes it is at all of the Radio Shack stores. I think they are more comfortable than earpods. Isolation I think is about the same as earpods. Below you can pick find in store.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11508299Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose MIE2i fills a niche and sound better then expected
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 23 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 35 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › R2R/multibit vs Delta-Sigma - Is There A Measurable Scientific... 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 4 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...