I know Bose in general isn't very well received on these forums, but I think there MIE2i is filling a niche others are missing. Let me explain, I have a company vehicle with a stock AM/FM radio that leaves a lot to be desired. I spend a lot of time on the road driving all over the state. I use my personal XM satellite radio for a majority of my listening but I am also on the phone a lot. My go to setup had been Klipsch S4i in one ear for talking on the phone and listening to the radio through the other ear. I don't like or think its safe to have the level of isolation most Iem's provide while driving. I have read on these forums that the MIE2i provide almost no isolation so I purchased a set from Best Buy and used up some RZ Certificates I had. They work exactly like I hoped. I can wear them on both ears, talk on the phone, hear traffic and the satellite radio through them. Additionally, I can listen to music through my iphone, something I didn't want to do with only one earphone before. They are comfortable and stay in place even while turning my head. Sound wise they sound pretty darn good. In addition to my S4i's I also own TF10's, MCPC and my favorites Ie80's they are not giving any of the last 3 a run for the money but they sound better then expected and a whole lot better then the stock speakers in the truck. Don't get me wrong, I love the isolation and wonderful sound from my other IEM's but they are just too isolating for driving or anything else that involves traffic IMHO. It would be nice if other manufactures had some options for good sounding , low isolation, phone & mic controlled headphones. Bose charges a premium for what they are selling but they are the only ones that I know of filling that niche.
Related Forum Threads
- Iem for workout ~100$ Last post on 3/11/13 at 3:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose MIE2i or iBeats? Last post on 5/25/12 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
Bose MIE2i fills a niche and sound better then expectedpost #1 of 127/15/12 at 9:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/16/12 at 7:10pmpost #3 of 127/17/12 at 6:56ampost #4 of 127/17/12 at 2:59pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1210/1/12 at 1:00amQuote:
I hope I'm not resurrecting an old thread here. However, I find this very interesting: is the Bose the only company offering a 'phone like this?
What I mean is this: I like my M6 for running, but they are too isolating, and I like my new EarPods that came with my iPhone for sitting around and still being able to hear things, but they fall out with any level of activity. Is Bose literally the only company making a comfortable, secure product with low isolation? I keep thinking I like the open/vented design of the new EarPods and I wish they had some kind of memory wire or something.post #6 of 1210/2/12 at 3:53pmpost #7 of 1210/2/12 at 4:48pm
Cool. However, I just read the original EarPod thread (very entertaining sir) and I think I will try the foamie mod first, then get the seen MX580 in the future.post #8 of 1210/2/12 at 4:53pmpost #9 of 129/2/13 at 2:28amI know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.post #10 of 129/2/13 at 12:34pmQuote:Woah, that's a good price; do you know if this is at all radio shack stores? I actually like the signature and comfort of EarPods, are the Bose just as comfortable? And thanks for the heads up.Originally Posted by eeymanjones
I know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.post #11 of 129/3/13 at 6:19pmThe MIE2 is much more comfortable than the stock ear buds or pods that come with idevices. I do believe they will have even slightly less isolation though. At $40 they are worth having though.post #12 of 129/5/13 at 8:32amYes it is at all of the Radio Shack stores. I think they are more comfortable than earpods. Isolation I think is about the same as earpods. Below you can pick find in store.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11508299Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose MIE2i fills a niche and sound better then expected
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › On Ear Headphones for 100$ 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables Worldwide Audition Tour - Limited Number of... 4 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2