I know Bose in general isn't very well received on these forums, but I think there MIE2i is filling a niche others are missing. Let me explain, I have a company vehicle with a stock AM/FM radio that leaves a lot to be desired. I spend a lot of time on the road driving all over the state. I use my personal XM satellite radio for a majority of my listening but I am also on the phone a lot. My go to setup had been Klipsch S4i in one ear for talking on the phone and listening to the radio through the other ear. I don't like or think its safe to have the level of isolation most Iem's provide while driving. I have read on these forums that the MIE2i provide almost no isolation so I purchased a set from Best Buy and used up some RZ Certificates I had. They work exactly like I hoped. I can wear them on both ears, talk on the phone, hear traffic and the satellite radio through them. Additionally, I can listen to music through my iphone, something I didn't want to do with only one earphone before. They are comfortable and stay in place even while turning my head. Sound wise they sound pretty darn good. In addition to my S4i's I also own TF10's, MCPC and my favorites Ie80's they are not giving any of the last 3 a run for the money but they sound better then expected and a whole lot better then the stock speakers in the truck. Don't get me wrong, I love the isolation and wonderful sound from my other IEM's but they are just too isolating for driving or anything else that involves traffic IMHO. It would be nice if other manufactures had some options for good sounding , low isolation, phone & mic controlled headphones. Bose charges a premium for what they are selling but they are the only ones that I know of filling that niche.
Related Forum Threads
- Iem for workout ~100$ Last post on 3/11/13 at 3:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose MIE2i or iBeats? Last post on 5/25/12 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best earbuds under $130 Last post on 2/13/14 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Bose MIE2i fills a niche and sound better then expectedpost #1 of 127/15/12 at 9:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/16/12 at 7:10pmpost #3 of 127/17/12 at 6:56ampost #4 of 127/17/12 at 2:59pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1210/1/12 at 1:00amQuote:
I hope I'm not resurrecting an old thread here. However, I find this very interesting: is the Bose the only company offering a 'phone like this?
What I mean is this: I like my M6 for running, but they are too isolating, and I like my new EarPods that came with my iPhone for sitting around and still being able to hear things, but they fall out with any level of activity. Is Bose literally the only company making a comfortable, secure product with low isolation? I keep thinking I like the open/vented design of the new EarPods and I wish they had some kind of memory wire or something.post #6 of 1210/2/12 at 3:53pmpost #7 of 1210/2/12 at 4:48pm
Cool. However, I just read the original EarPod thread (very entertaining sir) and I think I will try the foamie mod first, then get the seen MX580 in the future.post #8 of 1210/2/12 at 4:53pmpost #9 of 129/2/13 at 2:28amI know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.post #10 of 129/2/13 at 12:34pmQuote:Woah, that's a good price; do you know if this is at all radio shack stores? I actually like the signature and comfort of EarPods, are the Bose just as comfortable? And thanks for the heads up.Originally Posted by eeymanjones
I know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.post #11 of 129/3/13 at 6:19pmThe MIE2 is much more comfortable than the stock ear buds or pods that come with idevices. I do believe they will have even slightly less isolation though. At $40 they are worth having though.post #12 of 129/5/13 at 8:32amYes it is at all of the Radio Shack stores. I think they are more comfortable than earpods. Isolation I think is about the same as earpods. Below you can pick find in store.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11508299Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose MIE2i fills a niche and sound better then expected
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 5 seconds ago
- › Westone Signature W-series W50 & W60 29 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 33 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 1 minute ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations please. 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)