I know Bose in general isn't very well received on these forums, but I think there MIE2i is filling a niche others are missing. Let me explain, I have a company vehicle with a stock AM/FM radio that leaves a lot to be desired. I spend a lot of time on the road driving all over the state. I use my personal XM satellite radio for a majority of my listening but I am also on the phone a lot. My go to setup had been Klipsch S4i in one ear for talking on the phone and listening to the radio through the other ear. I don't like or think its safe to have the level of isolation most Iem's provide while driving. I have read on these forums that the MIE2i provide almost no isolation so I purchased a set from Best Buy and used up some RZ Certificates I had. They work exactly like I hoped. I can wear them on both ears, talk on the phone, hear traffic and the satellite radio through them. Additionally, I can listen to music through my iphone, something I didn't want to do with only one earphone before. They are comfortable and stay in place even while turning my head. Sound wise they sound pretty darn good. In addition to my S4i's I also own TF10's, MCPC and my favorites Ie80's they are not giving any of the last 3 a run for the money but they sound better then expected and a whole lot better then the stock speakers in the truck. Don't get me wrong, I love the isolation and wonderful sound from my other IEM's but they are just too isolating for driving or anything else that involves traffic IMHO. It would be nice if other manufactures had some options for good sounding , low isolation, phone & mic controlled headphones. Bose charges a premium for what they are selling but they are the only ones that I know of filling that niche.
Related Forum Threads
- Iem for workout ~100$ Last post on 3/11/13 at 3:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose MIE2i or iBeats? Last post on 5/25/12 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on Today at 10:33 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Bose MIE2i fills a niche and sound better then expectedpost #1 of 127/15/12 at 9:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/16/12 at 7:10pmpost #3 of 127/17/12 at 6:56ampost #4 of 127/17/12 at 2:59pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1210/1/12 at 1:00amQuote:
I hope I'm not resurrecting an old thread here. However, I find this very interesting: is the Bose the only company offering a 'phone like this?
What I mean is this: I like my M6 for running, but they are too isolating, and I like my new EarPods that came with my iPhone for sitting around and still being able to hear things, but they fall out with any level of activity. Is Bose literally the only company making a comfortable, secure product with low isolation? I keep thinking I like the open/vented design of the new EarPods and I wish they had some kind of memory wire or something.post #6 of 1210/2/12 at 3:53pmpost #7 of 1210/2/12 at 4:48pm
Cool. However, I just read the original EarPod thread (very entertaining sir) and I think I will try the foamie mod first, then get the seen MX580 in the future.post #8 of 1210/2/12 at 4:53pmpost #9 of 129/2/13 at 2:28amI know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.post #10 of 129/2/13 at 12:34pmQuote:Woah, that's a good price; do you know if this is at all radio shack stores? I actually like the signature and comfort of EarPods, are the Bose just as comfortable? And thanks for the heads up.Originally Posted by eeymanjones
I know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.post #11 of 129/3/13 at 6:19pmThe MIE2 is much more comfortable than the stock ear buds or pods that come with idevices. I do believe they will have even slightly less isolation though. At $40 they are worth having though.post #12 of 129/5/13 at 8:32amYes it is at all of the Radio Shack stores. I think they are more comfortable than earpods. Isolation I think is about the same as earpods. Below you can pick find in store.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11508299Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose MIE2i fills a niche and sound better then expected
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 46 seconds ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 47 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Really confused by the fiio e9 + e7.... 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3