Just bought a Valhalla today. I already have an arsenal of over 100 different types of tubes, so it should be fun.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson Audio Soloist Amptagged by System, 7/18/12
- productDNA Stratus 2a3tagged by System, 7/18/12
- productHeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE Electrostatic Amptagged by System, 7/18/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/18/12
- productMeier Audio Corda Classictagged by System, 7/18/12
- productRay Samuels The Dark Startagged by System, 7/18/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by System, 7/18/12
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by System, 7/18/12
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 7/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for a noob that likes to only buy once...? Last post on 4/8/15 at 6:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 9/11/16 at 11:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mjolnir vs. V200 (vs. Soloist) Last post on 11/15/13 at 7:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
What amps have you got your eye on? - Page 6post #76 of 1557/18/12 at 11:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1557/19/12 at 8:09ampost #78 of 1557/19/12 at 9:24ampost #79 of 1557/19/12 at 3:06pmpost #80 of 1557/19/12 at 3:17pmQuote:
The Valhalla has been updated by Schiit to be tube rollable. It's cool again. The old Valhalla is vintage.post #81 of 1557/19/12 at 5:00pmpost #82 of 1557/19/12 at 5:59pm
The obsolete Valhalla is rollable! You just need to stick with the same type/model of tube. I have 6n1p tubes from four different factory's, different years and different grades.
There all going to sound a little different.post #83 of 1557/20/12 at 8:09ampost #84 of 1557/20/12 at 8:13am
You can roll in the same tube type from different manufacturers (but there is some debate if more than one manufacturer actually made the tube--they might just be rebadges). You cannot roll in "equivalent" or alternate, "near", or "like" tubes into the old Valhalla.post #85 of 1557/20/12 at 9:09ampost #86 of 1557/20/12 at 9:31amQuote:
But in the past, folks would roll tubes of brands, not types, as most tube gear was intended for one type/model of tube.post #87 of 1557/20/12 at 10:06am
Very true, but as the hobby grew, designers and users began to push the envelope and roll in "near" equivalent tubes.post #88 of 1557/20/12 at 11:48ampost #89 of 1557/20/12 at 12:03pmpost #90 of 1557/20/12 at 12:14pmQuote:
It all depends on the DAC and cans your using. For the short time I've had mine, I've noticed the stock tubes a pretty much flat, not bright at all. The tubes I just rolled in are way to forward, bright, alive or fast paced(take your pic)
They sound warm and smooth in my Xcanv3.
So I'd say YES! you can shape the sound in many ways by rolling tubes.
- What amps have you got your eye on?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Singxer SU-1 1 minute ago
- › 【ᒪᗝᐯᗴ~ᔕᑭᗴᒪᒪ】=91-9958802839 loVe pRobLEm sOluTion bABa ji Delhi 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › 【ᒪᗝᐯᗴ~ᔕᑭᗴᒪᒪ】=91-9958802839 loVe pRobLEm sOluTion bABa ji London 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear