Just bought a Valhalla today. I already have an arsenal of over 100 different types of tubes, so it should be fun.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson Audio Soloist Amptagged by System, 7/18/12
- productDNA Stratus 2a3tagged by System, 7/18/12
- productHeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE Electrostatic Amptagged by System, 7/18/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/18/12
- productMeier Audio Corda Classictagged by System, 7/18/12
- productRay Samuels The Dark Startagged by System, 7/18/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by System, 7/18/12
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by System, 7/18/12
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 7/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for a noob that likes to only buy once...? Last post on 4/8/15 at 6:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mjolnir vs. V200 (vs. Soloist) Last post on 11/15/13 at 7:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
What amps have you got your eye on? - Page 6post #76 of 1557/18/12 at 11:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1557/19/12 at 8:09ampost #78 of 1557/19/12 at 9:24ampost #79 of 1557/19/12 at 3:06pmpost #80 of 1557/19/12 at 3:17pmQuote:
The Valhalla has been updated by Schiit to be tube rollable. It's cool again. The old Valhalla is vintage.post #81 of 1557/19/12 at 5:00pmpost #82 of 1557/19/12 at 5:59pm
The obsolete Valhalla is rollable! You just need to stick with the same type/model of tube. I have 6n1p tubes from four different factory's, different years and different grades.
There all going to sound a little different.post #83 of 1557/20/12 at 8:09ampost #84 of 1557/20/12 at 8:13am
You can roll in the same tube type from different manufacturers (but there is some debate if more than one manufacturer actually made the tube--they might just be rebadges). You cannot roll in "equivalent" or alternate, "near", or "like" tubes into the old Valhalla.post #85 of 1557/20/12 at 9:09ampost #86 of 1557/20/12 at 9:31amQuote:
But in the past, folks would roll tubes of brands, not types, as most tube gear was intended for one type/model of tube.post #87 of 1557/20/12 at 10:06am
Very true, but as the hobby grew, designers and users began to push the envelope and roll in "near" equivalent tubes.post #88 of 1557/20/12 at 11:48ampost #89 of 1557/20/12 at 12:03pmpost #90 of 1557/20/12 at 12:14pmQuote:
It all depends on the DAC and cans your using. For the short time I've had mine, I've noticed the stock tubes a pretty much flat, not bright at all. The tubes I just rolled in are way to forward, bright, alive or fast paced(take your pic)
They sound warm and smooth in my Xcanv3.
So I'd say YES! you can shape the sound in many ways by rolling tubes.
- What amps have you got your eye on?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Sennheiser HD600 as Triple.Fi home alternative 10 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 48 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 1 minute ago
- › Help me to select a good headphone.. 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › Change/upgrade CmoyBB JDSLab 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Meier Audio Corda JAZZ with ƒƒ-technology upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Vinyl vs Redbook in 2015 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3