Just bought a Valhalla today. I already have an arsenal of over 100 different types of tubes, so it should be fun.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson Audio Soloist Amptagged by System, 7/18/12
- productDNA Stratus 2a3tagged by System, 7/18/12
- productHeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE Electrostatic Amptagged by System, 7/18/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/18/12
- productMeier Audio Corda Classictagged by System, 7/18/12
- productRay Samuels The Dark Startagged by System, 7/18/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by System, 7/18/12
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by System, 7/18/12
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 7/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for a noob that likes to only buy once...? Last post on 4/8/15 at 6:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mjolnir vs. V200 (vs. Soloist) Last post on 11/15/13 at 7:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
What amps have you got your eye on? - Page 6post #76 of 1557/18/12 at 11:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1557/19/12 at 8:09ampost #78 of 1557/19/12 at 9:24ampost #79 of 1557/19/12 at 3:06pmpost #80 of 1557/19/12 at 3:17pmQuote:
The Valhalla has been updated by Schiit to be tube rollable. It's cool again. The old Valhalla is vintage.post #81 of 1557/19/12 at 5:00pmpost #82 of 1557/19/12 at 5:59pm
The obsolete Valhalla is rollable! You just need to stick with the same type/model of tube. I have 6n1p tubes from four different factory's, different years and different grades.
There all going to sound a little different.post #83 of 1557/20/12 at 8:09ampost #84 of 1557/20/12 at 8:13am
You can roll in the same tube type from different manufacturers (but there is some debate if more than one manufacturer actually made the tube--they might just be rebadges). You cannot roll in "equivalent" or alternate, "near", or "like" tubes into the old Valhalla.post #85 of 1557/20/12 at 9:09ampost #86 of 1557/20/12 at 9:31amQuote:
But in the past, folks would roll tubes of brands, not types, as most tube gear was intended for one type/model of tube.post #87 of 1557/20/12 at 10:06am
Very true, but as the hobby grew, designers and users began to push the envelope and roll in "near" equivalent tubes.post #88 of 1557/20/12 at 11:48ampost #89 of 1557/20/12 at 12:03pmpost #90 of 1557/20/12 at 12:14pmQuote:
It all depends on the DAC and cans your using. For the short time I've had mine, I've noticed the stock tubes a pretty much flat, not bright at all. The tubes I just rolled in are way to forward, bright, alive or fast paced(take your pic)
They sound warm and smooth in my Xcanv3.
So I'd say YES! you can shape the sound in many ways by rolling tubes.
- What amps have you got your eye on?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 38 seconds ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition (Limited) 48 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating) 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by ezekiel77
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...