Just bought a Valhalla today. I already have an arsenal of over 100 different types of tubes, so it should be fun.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson Audio Soloist Amptagged by System, 7/18/12
- productDNA Stratus 2a3tagged by System, 7/18/12
- productHeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE Electrostatic Amptagged by System, 7/18/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/18/12
- productMeier Audio Corda Classictagged by System, 7/18/12
- productRay Samuels The Dark Startagged by System, 7/18/12
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by System, 7/18/12
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by System, 7/18/12
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 7/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for a noob that likes to only buy once...? Last post on 4/8/15 at 6:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mjolnir vs. V200 (vs. Soloist) Last post on 11/15/13 at 7:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
What amps have you got your eye on? - Page 6post #76 of 1557/18/12 at 11:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1557/19/12 at 8:09ampost #78 of 1557/19/12 at 9:24ampost #79 of 1557/19/12 at 3:06pmpost #80 of 1557/19/12 at 3:17pmQuote:
The Valhalla has been updated by Schiit to be tube rollable. It's cool again. The old Valhalla is vintage.post #81 of 1557/19/12 at 5:00pmpost #82 of 1557/19/12 at 5:59pm
The obsolete Valhalla is rollable! You just need to stick with the same type/model of tube. I have 6n1p tubes from four different factory's, different years and different grades.
There all going to sound a little different.post #83 of 1557/20/12 at 8:09ampost #84 of 1557/20/12 at 8:13am
You can roll in the same tube type from different manufacturers (but there is some debate if more than one manufacturer actually made the tube--they might just be rebadges). You cannot roll in "equivalent" or alternate, "near", or "like" tubes into the old Valhalla.post #85 of 1557/20/12 at 9:09ampost #86 of 1557/20/12 at 9:31amQuote:
But in the past, folks would roll tubes of brands, not types, as most tube gear was intended for one type/model of tube.post #87 of 1557/20/12 at 10:06am
Very true, but as the hobby grew, designers and users began to push the envelope and roll in "near" equivalent tubes.post #88 of 1557/20/12 at 11:48ampost #89 of 1557/20/12 at 12:03pmpost #90 of 1557/20/12 at 12:14pmQuote:
It all depends on the DAC and cans your using. For the short time I've had mine, I've noticed the stock tubes a pretty much flat, not bright at all. The tubes I just rolled in are way to forward, bright, alive or fast paced(take your pic)
They sound warm and smooth in my Xcanv3.
So I'd say YES! you can shape the sound in many ways by rolling tubes.
- What amps have you got your eye on?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #3... 1 second ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 second ago
- › WTB Gustard H10- 51 seconds ago
- › SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series 1 minute ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! Bose QC25 2014 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2