Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › What amps have you got your eye on?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What amps have you got your eye on? - Page 3

post #31 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post

I need one of these to complete my set-up. I think Eddie Current's stuffs are sexy looking

 

I think EC amps are amazing but the styling is too retro for me. I get the Moth heritage but still... 1970s kitchen stove knobs? Really? What about those LEDs... haven't seen something like that since my school bus.....

post #32 of 155
I've been eyeing on DNA Sonett. I like the retro simplicity look.
I wonder how it drove lcd-2 though.
post #33 of 155
I've been eyeing on DNA Sonett. I like the retro simplicity look.
I wonder how it drove lcd-2 though.
post #34 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post

 

I think EC amps are amazing but the styling is too retro for me. I get the Moth heritage but still... 1970s kitchen stove knobs? Really? What about those LEDs... haven't seen something like that since my school bus.....

 

I have no problem with the styling - its the price that stops me in my tracks. By the time you get that thru Oz Customs, its a serious chunk of change. 

post #35 of 155

$1000+ for shipping and import tax. 

post #36 of 155

I'm mildly interested in the Bellari HA540 or Little Dot MKIII as affordable first tube amps. The Schiit Asgard and Valhalla holds interest as well... If I someone buys my AHA-120, I'd probably try a Asgard, though I'd really like to try them side by side. 

 

I'm slightly more interested though in the Ibasso P4. I just really want to see what it can do with a HD650. I love the exchangeable opamp option... A budget portable that sounds as good as/near the AHA-120 would be really sweet. Seems unlikely but I've been looking for one! I'm close to as interested in a Neco Soundlab. 

 

Perhaps most of all right now, I want to try a Bottlehead Crack w/ my HD650. I really wish they didn't cost so much for Bottlehead to assemble. I'm just not a DIYer (nor do I have the tools/space) but would like to try one of these. If they were $300 or so shipped, I'd be all over this, especially with the reviews of how it pairs with the HD650. Close to $500 assembled and shipped puts me too close to the next option...

 

I am unashamedly intrigued by the Burson HD160. The open box Burson HD160 from soundeaphones for $570 is tempting... but not really. So out of my price range! I think its the amp I'd most like to try now though. 

post #37 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

The Schiit Asgard and Valhalla holds interest as well... If I someone buys my AHA-120, I'd probably try a Asgard, though I'd really like to try them side by side. 

 

I'd love to be able to try a Valhalla next to my Asgard. The Valhalla, although geared more towards higher impedance phones, is something I really want to try, especially now that I'm dabbling with high impedances.

post #38 of 155

Give me a couple of weeks and I can post such a comparison.  I have an Asgard in my possession and a Valhalla inbound right now as we speak. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post

 

I'd love to be able to try a Valhalla next to my Asgard. The Valhalla, although geared more towards higher impedance phones, is something I really want to try, especially now that I'm dabbling with high impedances.

post #39 of 155

I got an eye on the V200...
 

post #40 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbull View Post

I got an eye on the V200...

 
i imagined an eye on the V200 for a second there :P
post #41 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

Give me a couple of weeks and I can post such a comparison.  I have an Asgard in my possession and a Valhalla inbound right now as we speak. 

 


hodgjy, that would be greatly appreciated.

post #42 of 155

Send me a PM to remind me and I can post a brief review here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post


hodgjy, that would be greatly appreciated.

post #43 of 155
Thread Starter 

Hmmm, I've been wanting an asgard aswell. Has anyone ever tried to run a group buy on them?

post #44 of 155

I don't think there is that much of a mark up to warrant a group buy. Give Jason and Co your money!

post #45 of 155
Thread Starter 

But that's the whole idea of a group buy, you get people interested with the reduced price and the company makes more sales than it would have otherwise.

 

Works out for everyone : D 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › What amps have you got your eye on?