I heard aren't as bass heavy as others like the monster turbine pro, so are they good for rock/ guitar music? Not heavy metal, I mean like green day, red hot chili peppers, audioslave, etc.
- categoryIn Ear
- itemJVC Victor FX700
- itemMonster Turbine Pro Copper In Ear Headphones
- itemSennheiser IE80
- itemShure SE425 CL Dual High Definition MicroDriver Earphone With Detachable Cable Clear
- itemShure SE535LTD RED
- itemShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi Definition Micro Speaker With Tuned Bass Port Clear
- itemSony MDR EX1000
- itemUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones
- itemVSONIC GR07
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?post #1 of 117/14/12 at 8:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 117/14/12 at 8:33pmThread Starterpost #3 of 117/14/12 at 8:58pm
They are ok with the genre you listened, as mostly they don't require huge bass respond like main stream pop, rock and techno.
If use them for Heavy metal, rock, it doesnt consist the speed, impact and dynamic for them, while i will recommend more on UE triple fi .10.post #4 of 117/14/12 at 10:18pm
Not really rock loving IEMs, but it doesn't sound bad at all with rock. I find both the SE315s and SE425s to be quite universal in music genres. As expected, most Shure products excel in midrange vocalspost #5 of 117/15/12 at 12:29ampost #6 of 117/15/12 at 7:11amThread Starterpost #7 of 117/15/12 at 9:03am
The Shure SE315 are very good sounding IEMs with above average isolation and they are well built. SE425 are not much better than SE315 and difference is not big enough in term of soundquality. BTW some dynamic IEMs are better sounding for rock genes music like Sony EX7550, EX1000, MTP Copper, Sennheiser IE80, GR07 and JVC FX700. But SE315 are very good sounding IEMs and work well for the rock genres music and overall good buypost #8 of 117/16/12 at 11:43am
I had the 315, then went to the 425 and finally to the 535. To me, I would say go for the 535 if you want to go Shure. For my ears the 425's sounded better than the 315's but both lacked oomph behind the bass, and the 315's were not terribly exciting in the treble. Currently I'm using the TF10's, and I can't say they are better or worse than the 535's (different sigs for sure as well), but at the price (even the $165 I paid), It's hard for me to take the 535 over them. Also you might want to try the 215's... I never owned but listened to them, and to be honest I would have taken them over the 315's and 425's.post #9 of 111/12/13 at 11:07pmpost #10 of 111/29/13 at 8:35ampost #11 of 112/1/13 at 5:36am
archercat, you will be surprised if you heard the red special edition. the red one has fuller, thicker sound. the high frequency had polished to eliminate annoying roll-offs! it's more pleasant to listen to. but the regular edition has this annoying shrilled sound, it's thin and sharp. the soundstage is wider and spectacular than the regular version!
i gonna pick it up next week! can't wait!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 8 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 29 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - FitEar 334 and... 1 minute ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 4 minutes ago
- › Rein Audio X3-DAC Review 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Why would anyone want just one headphone? 6 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe