I heard aren't as bass heavy as others like the monster turbine pro, so are they good for rock/ guitar music? Not heavy metal, I mean like green day, red hot chili peppers, audioslave, etc.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/12
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker with Tuned Bass Port (Clear)tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/16/12More
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 4/13/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?post #1 of 117/14/12 at 8:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 117/14/12 at 8:33pmThread Starterpost #3 of 117/14/12 at 8:58pm
They are ok with the genre you listened, as mostly they don't require huge bass respond like main stream pop, rock and techno.
If use them for Heavy metal, rock, it doesnt consist the speed, impact and dynamic for them, while i will recommend more on UE triple fi .10.post #4 of 117/14/12 at 10:18pm
Not really rock loving IEMs, but it doesn't sound bad at all with rock. I find both the SE315s and SE425s to be quite universal in music genres. As expected, most Shure products excel in midrange vocalspost #5 of 117/15/12 at 12:29ampost #6 of 117/15/12 at 7:11amThread Starterpost #7 of 117/15/12 at 9:03am
The Shure SE315 are very good sounding IEMs with above average isolation and they are well built. SE425 are not much better than SE315 and difference is not big enough in term of soundquality. BTW some dynamic IEMs are better sounding for rock genes music like Sony EX7550, EX1000, MTP Copper, Sennheiser IE80, GR07 and JVC FX700. But SE315 are very good sounding IEMs and work well for the rock genres music and overall good buypost #8 of 117/16/12 at 11:43am
I had the 315, then went to the 425 and finally to the 535. To me, I would say go for the 535 if you want to go Shure. For my ears the 425's sounded better than the 315's but both lacked oomph behind the bass, and the 315's were not terribly exciting in the treble. Currently I'm using the TF10's, and I can't say they are better or worse than the 535's (different sigs for sure as well), but at the price (even the $165 I paid), It's hard for me to take the 535 over them. Also you might want to try the 215's... I never owned but listened to them, and to be honest I would have taken them over the 315's and 425's.post #9 of 111/12/13 at 11:07pmpost #10 of 111/29/13 at 8:35ampost #11 of 112/1/13 at 5:36am
archercat, you will be surprised if you heard the red special edition. the red one has fuller, thicker sound. the high frequency had polished to eliminate annoying roll-offs! it's more pleasant to listen to. but the regular edition has this annoying shrilled sound, it's thin and sharp. the soundstage is wider and spectacular than the regular version!
i gonna pick it up next week! can't wait!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 1 minute ago
- › Starter Tube AMPs 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1,... 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › Sound Waveaudiophile Meet in Jakarta 22 April 2015 7 minutes ago
- › TDK neo:n 3 TH-NEC300 like new 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2