I heard aren't as bass heavy as others like the monster turbine pro, so are they good for rock/ guitar music? Not heavy metal, I mean like green day, red hot chili peppers, audioslave, etc.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/12
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker with Tuned Bass Port (Clear)tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/16/12More
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?post #1 of 117/14/12 at 8:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 117/14/12 at 8:33pmThread Starterpost #3 of 117/14/12 at 8:58pm
They are ok with the genre you listened, as mostly they don't require huge bass respond like main stream pop, rock and techno.
If use them for Heavy metal, rock, it doesnt consist the speed, impact and dynamic for them, while i will recommend more on UE triple fi .10.post #4 of 117/14/12 at 10:18pm
Not really rock loving IEMs, but it doesn't sound bad at all with rock. I find both the SE315s and SE425s to be quite universal in music genres. As expected, most Shure products excel in midrange vocalspost #5 of 117/15/12 at 12:29ampost #6 of 117/15/12 at 7:11amThread Starterpost #7 of 117/15/12 at 9:03am
The Shure SE315 are very good sounding IEMs with above average isolation and they are well built. SE425 are not much better than SE315 and difference is not big enough in term of soundquality. BTW some dynamic IEMs are better sounding for rock genes music like Sony EX7550, EX1000, MTP Copper, Sennheiser IE80, GR07 and JVC FX700. But SE315 are very good sounding IEMs and work well for the rock genres music and overall good buypost #8 of 117/16/12 at 11:43am
I had the 315, then went to the 425 and finally to the 535. To me, I would say go for the 535 if you want to go Shure. For my ears the 425's sounded better than the 315's but both lacked oomph behind the bass, and the 315's were not terribly exciting in the treble. Currently I'm using the TF10's, and I can't say they are better or worse than the 535's (different sigs for sure as well), but at the price (even the $165 I paid), It's hard for me to take the 535 over them. Also you might want to try the 215's... I never owned but listened to them, and to be honest I would have taken them over the 315's and 425's.post #9 of 111/12/13 at 11:07pmpost #10 of 111/29/13 at 8:35ampost #11 of 112/1/13 at 5:36am
archercat, you will be surprised if you heard the red special edition. the red one has fuller, thicker sound. the high frequency had polished to eliminate annoying roll-offs! it's more pleasant to listen to. but the regular edition has this annoying shrilled sound, it's thin and sharp. the soundstage is wider and spectacular than the regular version!
i gonna pick it up next week! can't wait!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 2 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 37 seconds ago
- › $2 Realtek Audio Chip = $2000 DAC! 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 9 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 11 minutes ago
- › Looking for the right HiFi Headphones 12 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)