I heard aren't as bass heavy as others like the monster turbine pro, so are they good for rock/ guitar music? Not heavy metal, I mean like green day, red hot chili peppers, audioslave, etc.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/12
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker with Tuned Bass Port (Clear)tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/16/12More
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?post #1 of 117/14/12 at 8:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 117/14/12 at 8:33pmThread Starterpost #3 of 117/14/12 at 8:58pm
They are ok with the genre you listened, as mostly they don't require huge bass respond like main stream pop, rock and techno.
If use them for Heavy metal, rock, it doesnt consist the speed, impact and dynamic for them, while i will recommend more on UE triple fi .10.post #4 of 117/14/12 at 10:18pm
Not really rock loving IEMs, but it doesn't sound bad at all with rock. I find both the SE315s and SE425s to be quite universal in music genres. As expected, most Shure products excel in midrange vocalspost #5 of 117/15/12 at 12:29ampost #6 of 117/15/12 at 7:11amThread Starterpost #7 of 117/15/12 at 9:03am
The Shure SE315 are very good sounding IEMs with above average isolation and they are well built. SE425 are not much better than SE315 and difference is not big enough in term of soundquality. BTW some dynamic IEMs are better sounding for rock genes music like Sony EX7550, EX1000, MTP Copper, Sennheiser IE80, GR07 and JVC FX700. But SE315 are very good sounding IEMs and work well for the rock genres music and overall good buypost #8 of 117/16/12 at 11:43am
I had the 315, then went to the 425 and finally to the 535. To me, I would say go for the 535 if you want to go Shure. For my ears the 425's sounded better than the 315's but both lacked oomph behind the bass, and the 315's were not terribly exciting in the treble. Currently I'm using the TF10's, and I can't say they are better or worse than the 535's (different sigs for sure as well), but at the price (even the $165 I paid), It's hard for me to take the 535 over them. Also you might want to try the 215's... I never owned but listened to them, and to be honest I would have taken them over the 315's and 425's.post #9 of 111/12/13 at 11:07pmpost #10 of 111/29/13 at 8:35ampost #11 of 112/1/13 at 5:36am
archercat, you will be surprised if you heard the red special edition. the red one has fuller, thicker sound. the high frequency had polished to eliminate annoying roll-offs! it's more pleasant to listen to. but the regular edition has this annoying shrilled sound, it's thin and sharp. the soundstage is wider and spectacular than the regular version!
i gonna pick it up next week! can't wait!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 5 seconds ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Corny Jokes - the more the merrier 4 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 5 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...