I heard aren't as bass heavy as others like the monster turbine pro, so are they good for rock/ guitar music? Not heavy metal, I mean like green day, red hot chili peppers, audioslave, etc.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/16/12
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/16/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 7/16/12
- productShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 7/16/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/16/12More
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?post #1 of 117/14/12 at 8:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 117/14/12 at 8:33pmThread Starterpost #3 of 117/14/12 at 8:58pm
They are ok with the genre you listened, as mostly they don't require huge bass respond like main stream pop, rock and techno.
If use them for Heavy metal, rock, it doesnt consist the speed, impact and dynamic for them, while i will recommend more on UE triple fi .10.post #4 of 117/14/12 at 10:18pm
Not really rock loving IEMs, but it doesn't sound bad at all with rock. I find both the SE315s and SE425s to be quite universal in music genres. As expected, most Shure products excel in midrange vocalspost #5 of 117/15/12 at 12:29ampost #6 of 117/15/12 at 7:11amThread Starterpost #7 of 117/15/12 at 9:03am
The Shure SE315 are very good sounding IEMs with above average isolation and they are well built. SE425 are not much better than SE315 and difference is not big enough in term of soundquality. BTW some dynamic IEMs are better sounding for rock genes music like Sony EX7550, EX1000, MTP Copper, Sennheiser IE80, GR07 and JVC FX700. But SE315 are very good sounding IEMs and work well for the rock genres music and overall good buypost #8 of 117/16/12 at 11:43am
I had the 315, then went to the 425 and finally to the 535. To me, I would say go for the 535 if you want to go Shure. For my ears the 425's sounded better than the 315's but both lacked oomph behind the bass, and the 315's were not terribly exciting in the treble. Currently I'm using the TF10's, and I can't say they are better or worse than the 535's (different sigs for sure as well), but at the price (even the $165 I paid), It's hard for me to take the 535 over them. Also you might want to try the 215's... I never owned but listened to them, and to be honest I would have taken them over the 315's and 425's.post #9 of 111/12/13 at 11:07pmpost #10 of 111/29/13 at 8:35ampost #11 of 112/1/13 at 5:36am
archercat, you will be surprised if you heard the red special edition. the red one has fuller, thicker sound. the high frequency had polished to eliminate annoying roll-offs! it's more pleasant to listen to. but the regular edition has this annoying shrilled sound, it's thin and sharp. the soundstage is wider and spectacular than the regular version!
i gonna pick it up next week! can't wait!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is the shure se425 and se315 good for rock music?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Q: High gain? Low gain? Quality difference? 1 minute ago
- › Meizu MX4 Pro HiFi phone 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 2 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 5 minutes ago
- › Just questioning/inner talking about the AKG K712 Pro . Not owning... 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3ii vs Sony NWZ-A15/A17 - A Comparison 6 minutes ago
- › Koss UR55...unbearably bright and harsh?! 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...