Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me out pick a great portable headphone for commuting. My price range is from 60 to 100. The headphones I am looking at are the Vsonic GR06 Hifi man RE0 and the Shure se 215. I have the audio technica M50 and would prefer a sound close to that( I cant use those since the isolation does not block out train noise). I prefer a headphone with great mids and good highs. I dont care too much about bass as long as its there. Thank you in advance for your advice and help.
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/17/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mile high fi........ Last post on 8/10/11 at 5:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/jomo-samba-pro-audio-ciem-review/ Jomo Audio is a Singapore local company that crafts in ear earphones that sound and...
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Disclaimer: These headphones were sent to me thanks to the Oppo loaner program. They have since been returned and sent to the next reviewer. Want a headphone that sounds excellent, is easy...
Introduction: Unfamiliar Territory A couple of years ago, I was telling my father-in-law about my audio and music hobby. He asked me if the equipment I had was made by "Pioneer, Sony" or...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/14/12 at 8:59pmpost #3 of 87/14/12 at 10:32pm
But the M50s don't have "great" mids and "good" highs :(
However, I find the Audeo PFE w/ grey tips/Perfect bass w/grey tips to satisfy me the most within the $100-$150 range. They have great bass, good mids, and good treble. I find it to be quite the complete set.post #4 of 87/14/12 at 10:34pmpost #5 of 87/14/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Planx, precisely because the M50 dont have great mids is why I am craving mids. I wanted to say that the over all sound quality to match the M50. Thank you for your reply! I think I need to do more research and I will definitely look into Audeo!post #6 of 87/14/12 at 11:24pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/15/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
Makes perfect sense! If you're craving mids, both the Shure SE215 and 315 will treat you well. Other recommendation is of course the gr06 and Audeo 012/112. If you're willing to actually spend the Audeo PFE and SE315 price range, the GR07 is yet another strong contenderpost #8 of 87/15/12 at 3:21pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the advise! I think right now im stuck between the SE215 and the GR06. From what I have heard, the GR06 seem to sound better than the SE215 but I like that The SE215 have a removable cable. Thanks again!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cowon Plenue D 23 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE215 noise: cable or monitors? 2 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Topping VX1... anybody try it yet? 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...