Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me out pick a great portable headphone for commuting. My price range is from 60 to 100. The headphones I am looking at are the Vsonic GR06 Hifi man RE0 and the Shure se 215. I have the audio technica M50 and would prefer a sound close to that( I cant use those since the isolation does not block out train noise). I prefer a headphone with great mids and good highs. I dont care too much about bass as long as its there. Thank you in advance for your advice and help.
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/17/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mile high fi........ Last post on 8/10/11 at 5:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/14/12 at 8:59pmpost #3 of 87/14/12 at 10:32pm
But the M50s don't have "great" mids and "good" highs :(
However, I find the Audeo PFE w/ grey tips/Perfect bass w/grey tips to satisfy me the most within the $100-$150 range. They have great bass, good mids, and good treble. I find it to be quite the complete set.post #4 of 87/14/12 at 10:34pmpost #5 of 87/14/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Planx, precisely because the M50 dont have great mids is why I am craving mids. I wanted to say that the over all sound quality to match the M50. Thank you for your reply! I think I need to do more research and I will definitely look into Audeo!post #6 of 87/14/12 at 11:24pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/15/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
Makes perfect sense! If you're craving mids, both the Shure SE215 and 315 will treat you well. Other recommendation is of course the gr06 and Audeo 012/112. If you're willing to actually spend the Audeo PFE and SE315 price range, the GR07 is yet another strong contenderpost #8 of 87/15/12 at 3:21pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the advise! I think right now im stuck between the SE215 and the GR06. From what I have heard, the GR06 seem to sound better than the SE215 but I like that The SE215 have a removable cable. Thanks again!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 45 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › allergic to audiophile grade stuff? 2 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker 2 minutes ago
- › Im confused.... (sorry!) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear