Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me out pick a great portable headphone for commuting. My price range is from 60 to 100. The headphones I am looking at are the Vsonic GR06 Hifi man RE0 and the Shure se 215. I have the audio technica M50 and would prefer a sound close to that( I cant use those since the isolation does not block out train noise). I prefer a headphone with great mids and good highs. I dont care too much about bass as long as its there. Thank you in advance for your advice and help.
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/17/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker with Tuned Bass Port (Clear)tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mile high fi........ Last post on 8/10/11 at 5:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any reccomendations for me?? Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/14/12 at 8:59pmpost #3 of 87/14/12 at 10:32pm
But the M50s don't have "great" mids and "good" highs :(
However, I find the Audeo PFE w/ grey tips/Perfect bass w/grey tips to satisfy me the most within the $100-$150 range. They have great bass, good mids, and good treble. I find it to be quite the complete set.post #4 of 87/14/12 at 10:34pmpost #5 of 87/14/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Planx, precisely because the M50 dont have great mids is why I am craving mids. I wanted to say that the over all sound quality to match the M50. Thank you for your reply! I think I need to do more research and I will definitely look into Audeo!post #6 of 87/14/12 at 11:24pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/15/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
Makes perfect sense! If you're craving mids, both the Shure SE215 and 315 will treat you well. Other recommendation is of course the gr06 and Audeo 012/112. If you're willing to actually spend the Audeo PFE and SE315 price range, the GR07 is yet another strong contenderpost #8 of 87/15/12 at 3:21pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the advise! I think right now im stuck between the SE215 and the GR06. From what I have heard, the GR06 seem to sound better than the SE215 but I like that The SE215 have a removable cable. Thanks again!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 58 seconds ago
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 2 minutes ago
- › Boston Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Windows 10 Schiit MODI Drivers? 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2