Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me out pick a great portable headphone for commuting. My price range is from 60 to 100. The headphones I am looking at are the Vsonic GR06 Hifi man RE0 and the Shure se 215. I have the audio technica M50 and would prefer a sound close to that( I cant use those since the isolation does not block out train noise). I prefer a headphone with great mids and good highs. I dont care too much about bass as long as its there. Thank you in advance for your advice and help.
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/17/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker with Tuned Bass Port (Clear)tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mile high fi........ Last post on 8/10/11 at 5:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any reccomendations for me?? Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/14/12 at 8:59pmpost #3 of 87/14/12 at 10:32pm
But the M50s don't have "great" mids and "good" highs :(
However, I find the Audeo PFE w/ grey tips/Perfect bass w/grey tips to satisfy me the most within the $100-$150 range. They have great bass, good mids, and good treble. I find it to be quite the complete set.post #4 of 87/14/12 at 10:34pmpost #5 of 87/14/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Planx, precisely because the M50 dont have great mids is why I am craving mids. I wanted to say that the over all sound quality to match the M50. Thank you for your reply! I think I need to do more research and I will definitely look into Audeo!post #6 of 87/14/12 at 11:24pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/15/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
Makes perfect sense! If you're craving mids, both the Shure SE215 and 315 will treat you well. Other recommendation is of course the gr06 and Audeo 012/112. If you're willing to actually spend the Audeo PFE and SE315 price range, the GR07 is yet another strong contenderpost #8 of 87/15/12 at 3:21pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the advise! I think right now im stuck between the SE215 and the GR06. From what I have heard, the GR06 seem to sound better than the SE215 but I like that The SE215 have a removable cable. Thanks again!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 31 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 1 minute ago
- › Changing my profile pic 3 minutes ago
- › Review Recruitment of FiiO RM1 Starts Now!!! ---- Be the first one... 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica W3000ANV 7 minutes ago
- › Truck stereo 7 minutes ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 9 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...