Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me out pick a great portable headphone for commuting. My price range is from 60 to 100. The headphones I am looking at are the Vsonic GR06 Hifi man RE0 and the Shure se 215. I have the audio technica M50 and would prefer a sound close to that( I cant use those since the isolation does not block out train noise). I prefer a headphone with great mids and good highs. I dont care too much about bass as long as its there. Thank you in advance for your advice and help.
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/17/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/17/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productShure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker with Tuned Bass Port (Clear)tagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/17/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mile high fi........ Last post on 8/10/11 at 5:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100 Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any reccomendations for me?? Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Review under construction.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/14/12 at 8:59pmpost #3 of 87/14/12 at 10:32pm
But the M50s don't have "great" mids and "good" highs :(
However, I find the Audeo PFE w/ grey tips/Perfect bass w/grey tips to satisfy me the most within the $100-$150 range. They have great bass, good mids, and good treble. I find it to be quite the complete set.post #4 of 87/14/12 at 10:34pmpost #5 of 87/14/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Planx, precisely because the M50 dont have great mids is why I am craving mids. I wanted to say that the over all sound quality to match the M50. Thank you for your reply! I think I need to do more research and I will definitely look into Audeo!post #6 of 87/14/12 at 11:24pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/15/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
Makes perfect sense! If you're craving mids, both the Shure SE215 and 315 will treat you well. Other recommendation is of course the gr06 and Audeo 012/112. If you're willing to actually spend the Audeo PFE and SE315 price range, the GR07 is yet another strong contenderpost #8 of 87/15/12 at 3:21pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the advise! I think right now im stuck between the SE215 and the GR06. From what I have heard, the GR06 seem to sound better than the SE215 but I like that The SE215 have a removable cable. Thanks again!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Lime Ears Aether - Ciem Flagship - discussion, review, and... 48 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 4 minutes ago
- › Portable flac player recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 6 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse