- 606 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Belgium
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Deciding Between Some Grados Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Grado Last post on 11/29/11 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- help with choosing headphones? Last post on 12/31/10 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Closed Back Grado SR80i - Page 3post #31 of 387/15/12 at 3:49amThread StarterI don't wanna waste my perfect sr80 so if anybody has some broken sr60,80, igrado pls pm me
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 388/22/12 at 2:05pmThread Starterpost #33 of 388/22/12 at 2:21pm
I didn't like how my SR60s sounded that much in the first place and covering them with my hand made them sound like the speaker from a talking barbie doll laying in a pile of trumpets and loose cardboard flaps.
Grados are probably the last opens I'd try to cover. That's their entire thing, being really open with lots of treble.post #34 of 388/22/12 at 2:24pmThread Starterpost #35 of 388/22/12 at 2:42pmpost #36 of 388/22/12 at 2:45pm
I think this goes for any pair of open headphones.
My Panasonic RP-HTF600-S sound gets extremely tinny and gets a bit of a veil if you put your hand on the cups while listening.post #37 of 388/22/12 at 2:53pmpost #38 of 3811/6/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
Do you think that's only true of a Grado driver in a DJ100 shell or especially true in a DJ100 shell? What would make it sound terrible?
- Closed Back Grado SR80i
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Sennheiser RS220 Availability? 16 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum VS V-MODA M-100?? 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2