- 602 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Belgium
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Deciding Between Some Grados Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Grado Last post on 11/29/11 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- help with choosing headphones? Last post on 12/31/10 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
Closed Back Grado SR80i - Page 3post #31 of 387/15/12 at 3:49amThread StarterI don't wanna waste my perfect sr80 so if anybody has some broken sr60,80, igrado pls pm me
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 388/22/12 at 2:05pmThread Starterpost #33 of 388/22/12 at 2:21pm
I didn't like how my SR60s sounded that much in the first place and covering them with my hand made them sound like the speaker from a talking barbie doll laying in a pile of trumpets and loose cardboard flaps.
Grados are probably the last opens I'd try to cover. That's their entire thing, being really open with lots of treble.post #34 of 388/22/12 at 2:24pmThread Starterpost #35 of 388/22/12 at 2:42pmpost #36 of 388/22/12 at 2:45pm
I think this goes for any pair of open headphones.
My Panasonic RP-HTF600-S sound gets extremely tinny and gets a bit of a veil if you put your hand on the cups while listening.post #37 of 388/22/12 at 2:53pmpost #38 of 3811/6/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
Do you think that's only true of a Grado driver in a DJ100 shell or especially true in a DJ100 shell? What would make it sound terrible?
- Closed Back Grado SR80i
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 3 minutes ago
- › Soundcard/DAC/amp Recommendation/Explanation 3 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 6 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › FS - BTG mini-mini IC and Fiio LOD 8 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 9 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 9 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)