is the cable detachable cuz thats ridiculous
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P3tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD25SPII Sennheiser HD25-SP Studio Monitor Headphonetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12More
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I think it's time to upgrade my headphones. Last post on 9/7/11 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
looking for first good headphones around $150 - Page 2post #16 of 447/12/12 at 9:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 447/12/12 at 9:43pm
Unfortunately it's not, so the cable can be a little tough to manage.
The Ultrasone PRO 550 does have a detachable cable, but I can't vouch for it's sound quality. It does look pretty nice though, so it might be one worth looking in to.post #18 of 447/12/12 at 9:47pmThread Starterpost #19 of 447/12/12 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #20 of 447/12/12 at 10:04pm
I wasn't a big fan of the 780's, though admittedly, my time with them was limited.
To me, they sounded way too harsh. Very tinny sounding, which made some music sound downright bad.post #21 of 447/12/12 at 10:22pmThread Starterpost #22 of 447/12/12 at 10:41pmThread Starterpost #23 of 447/12/12 at 10:45pm
For what it's worth, opinions of the 780's vary wildly. There's tons of people out there that just love them to death. Definitely look into some reviews for them, you may end up liking what you hear.post #24 of 447/12/12 at 10:47pm
I've been researching for myself too. Some names to consider (apart from what has already been mentioned):
* B&W P3 - fantastic reviews...
* Phillips Citiscape Uptown - stylish and sound good...good reviews ( Apparently Audio-Technica ATH-M50 killer )
Sony MDR-V55 ... looks good, sounds good ... cheaper so u can add a DAC + Amp
Skullcandy ROC Nation Aviator - good looks and decent sound but lack isolation a little apparently
* Fischer Audio FA-003 - Not good looking...but sound super great for the price...damn good reviews !
* = What i would love to have :)
Hv fun dude !post #25 of 447/12/12 at 10:54pmpost #26 of 447/12/12 at 11:07pmThread Starterpost #27 of 447/12/12 at 11:09pmThread Starterpost #28 of 447/12/12 at 11:29pmThread Starter
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass betterpost #29 of 447/12/12 at 11:41pm
u know u could get the basic hd25; it has great prat and bass. Plus they run pretty well on ipod without amping
post #30 of 447/12/12 at 11:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jay Delo
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass better
I can't remember their bass too well, but I remember then being fairly bass heavy. I think most bass heads would be satisfied with it.
If you're really looking for bass though, it may just be worth it to go with the 580's. I think their cable is tough enough to tie together without worrying about damaging it.
- looking for first good headphones around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 29 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 1 minute ago
- › Philips F1/27 Fidelio vs Klipsch Reference vs Bose Noise... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 4 minutes ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 4 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is here. #1 Winner is......(page 30) Also FREE DSD/PCM... 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › MATRIX M-Stage HPA-3B Class A Full Balance Headphone Amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3