is the cable detachable cuz thats ridiculous
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P3tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD25SPII Sennheiser HD25-SP Studio Monitor Headphonetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12More
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade LP Over-ear Headphonetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ath-m50 vs others Last post on 8/20/12 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some bass headgear Last post on 4/21/13 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
looking for first good headphones around $150 - Page 2post #16 of 447/12/12 at 9:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 447/12/12 at 9:43pm
Unfortunately it's not, so the cable can be a little tough to manage.
The Ultrasone PRO 550 does have a detachable cable, but I can't vouch for it's sound quality. It does look pretty nice though, so it might be one worth looking in to.post #18 of 447/12/12 at 9:47pmThread Starterpost #19 of 447/12/12 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #20 of 447/12/12 at 10:04pm
I wasn't a big fan of the 780's, though admittedly, my time with them was limited.
To me, they sounded way too harsh. Very tinny sounding, which made some music sound downright bad.post #21 of 447/12/12 at 10:22pmThread Starterpost #22 of 447/12/12 at 10:41pmThread Starterpost #23 of 447/12/12 at 10:45pm
For what it's worth, opinions of the 780's vary wildly. There's tons of people out there that just love them to death. Definitely look into some reviews for them, you may end up liking what you hear.post #24 of 447/12/12 at 10:47pm
I've been researching for myself too. Some names to consider (apart from what has already been mentioned):
* B&W P3 - fantastic reviews...
* Phillips Citiscape Uptown - stylish and sound good...good reviews ( Apparently Audio-Technica ATH-M50 killer )
Sony MDR-V55 ... looks good, sounds good ... cheaper so u can add a DAC + Amp
Skullcandy ROC Nation Aviator - good looks and decent sound but lack isolation a little apparently
* Fischer Audio FA-003 - Not good looking...but sound super great for the price...damn good reviews !
* = What i would love to have :)
Hv fun dude !post #25 of 447/12/12 at 10:54pmpost #26 of 447/12/12 at 11:07pmThread Starterpost #27 of 447/12/12 at 11:09pmThread Starterpost #28 of 447/12/12 at 11:29pmThread Starter
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass betterpost #29 of 447/12/12 at 11:41pm
u know u could get the basic hd25; it has great prat and bass. Plus they run pretty well on ipod without amping
post #30 of 447/12/12 at 11:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jay Delo
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass better
I can't remember their bass too well, but I remember then being fairly bass heavy. I think most bass heads would be satisfied with it.
If you're really looking for bass though, it may just be worth it to go with the 580's. I think their cable is tough enough to tie together without worrying about damaging it.
- looking for first good headphones around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 55 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 59 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Cardas A8 IEM 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...