is the cable detachable cuz thats ridiculous
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P3tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD25SPII Sennheiser HD25-SP Studio Monitor Headphonetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12More
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade LP Over-ear Headphonetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ath-m50 vs others Last post on 8/20/12 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some bass headgear Last post on 4/21/13 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
The TH900 is magical. It's the hot rod of flagship, makes no apologies, and takes no prisoners IF, you wanna take it that far. This phone just begs to be driven, and it just keeps producing. I find...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker Ting The review that swayed me to get on-board http://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584 The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
looking for first good headphones around $150 - Page 2post #16 of 447/12/12 at 9:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 447/12/12 at 9:43pm
Unfortunately it's not, so the cable can be a little tough to manage.
The Ultrasone PRO 550 does have a detachable cable, but I can't vouch for it's sound quality. It does look pretty nice though, so it might be one worth looking in to.post #18 of 447/12/12 at 9:47pmThread Starterpost #19 of 447/12/12 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #20 of 447/12/12 at 10:04pm
I wasn't a big fan of the 780's, though admittedly, my time with them was limited.
To me, they sounded way too harsh. Very tinny sounding, which made some music sound downright bad.post #21 of 447/12/12 at 10:22pmThread Starterpost #22 of 447/12/12 at 10:41pmThread Starterpost #23 of 447/12/12 at 10:45pm
For what it's worth, opinions of the 780's vary wildly. There's tons of people out there that just love them to death. Definitely look into some reviews for them, you may end up liking what you hear.post #24 of 447/12/12 at 10:47pm
I've been researching for myself too. Some names to consider (apart from what has already been mentioned):
* B&W P3 - fantastic reviews...
* Phillips Citiscape Uptown - stylish and sound good...good reviews ( Apparently Audio-Technica ATH-M50 killer )
Sony MDR-V55 ... looks good, sounds good ... cheaper so u can add a DAC + Amp
Skullcandy ROC Nation Aviator - good looks and decent sound but lack isolation a little apparently
* Fischer Audio FA-003 - Not good looking...but sound super great for the price...damn good reviews !
* = What i would love to have :)
Hv fun dude !post #25 of 447/12/12 at 10:54pmpost #26 of 447/12/12 at 11:07pmThread Starterpost #27 of 447/12/12 at 11:09pmThread Starterpost #28 of 447/12/12 at 11:29pmThread Starter
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass betterpost #29 of 447/12/12 at 11:41pm
u know u could get the basic hd25; it has great prat and bass. Plus they run pretty well on ipod without amping
post #30 of 447/12/12 at 11:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jay Delo
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass better
I can't remember their bass too well, but I remember then being fairly bass heavy. I think most bass heads would be satisfied with it.
If you're really looking for bass though, it may just be worth it to go with the 580's. I think their cable is tough enough to tie together without worrying about damaging it.
- looking for first good headphones around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 seconds ago
- › MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience? 19 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 38 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 5 minutes ago
- › A+ Technology in Daniel Hertz's Master Class software and future of... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear