is the cable detachable cuz thats ridiculous
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 7/15/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/15/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P3tagged by System, 7/15/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/15/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 7/15/12
- productSennheiser HD25SPII Sennheiser HD25-SP Studio Monitor Headphonetagged by System, 7/15/12
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 7/15/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 7/15/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/15/12More
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 7/15/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/15/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/15/12
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 7/15/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/15/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 7/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I think it's time to upgrade my headphones. Last post on 9/7/11 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
looking for first good headphones around $150 - Page 2post #16 of 447/12/12 at 9:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 447/12/12 at 9:43pm
Unfortunately it's not, so the cable can be a little tough to manage.
The Ultrasone PRO 550 does have a detachable cable, but I can't vouch for it's sound quality. It does look pretty nice though, so it might be one worth looking in to.post #18 of 447/12/12 at 9:47pmThread Starterpost #19 of 447/12/12 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #20 of 447/12/12 at 10:04pm
I wasn't a big fan of the 780's, though admittedly, my time with them was limited.
To me, they sounded way too harsh. Very tinny sounding, which made some music sound downright bad.post #21 of 447/12/12 at 10:22pmThread Starterpost #22 of 447/12/12 at 10:41pmThread Starterpost #23 of 447/12/12 at 10:45pm
For what it's worth, opinions of the 780's vary wildly. There's tons of people out there that just love them to death. Definitely look into some reviews for them, you may end up liking what you hear.post #24 of 447/12/12 at 10:47pm
I've been researching for myself too. Some names to consider (apart from what has already been mentioned):
* B&W P3 - fantastic reviews...
* Phillips Citiscape Uptown - stylish and sound good...good reviews ( Apparently Audio-Technica ATH-M50 killer )
Sony MDR-V55 ... looks good, sounds good ... cheaper so u can add a DAC + Amp
Skullcandy ROC Nation Aviator - good looks and decent sound but lack isolation a little apparently
* Fischer Audio FA-003 - Not good looking...but sound super great for the price...damn good reviews !
* = What i would love to have :)
Hv fun dude !post #25 of 447/12/12 at 10:54pmpost #26 of 447/12/12 at 11:07pmThread Starterpost #27 of 447/12/12 at 11:09pmThread Starterpost #28 of 447/12/12 at 11:29pmThread Starter
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass betterpost #29 of 447/12/12 at 11:41pm
u know u could get the basic hd25; it has great prat and bass. Plus they run pretty well on ipod without amping
post #30 of 447/12/12 at 11:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jay Delo
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass better
I can't remember their bass too well, but I remember then being fairly bass heavy. I think most bass heads would be satisfied with it.
If you're really looking for bass though, it may just be worth it to go with the 580's. I think their cable is tough enough to tie together without worrying about damaging it.
- looking for first good headphones around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 1 minute ago
- › Could Bose QC20/20i users please do these tests for me? 4 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 5 minutes ago
- › SIngapore Meet : December 2013 5 minutes ago
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 7 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Virtual Audio Cables A little help/guidance 8 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 9 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for a bass head? 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi