is the cable detachable cuz thats ridiculous
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P3tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD25SPII Sennheiser HD25-SP Studio Monitor Headphonetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12More
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I think it's time to upgrade my headphones. Last post on 9/7/11 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
looking for first good headphones around $150 - Page 2post #16 of 447/12/12 at 9:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 447/12/12 at 9:43pm
Unfortunately it's not, so the cable can be a little tough to manage.
The Ultrasone PRO 550 does have a detachable cable, but I can't vouch for it's sound quality. It does look pretty nice though, so it might be one worth looking in to.post #18 of 447/12/12 at 9:47pmThread Starterpost #19 of 447/12/12 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #20 of 447/12/12 at 10:04pm
I wasn't a big fan of the 780's, though admittedly, my time with them was limited.
To me, they sounded way too harsh. Very tinny sounding, which made some music sound downright bad.post #21 of 447/12/12 at 10:22pmThread Starterpost #22 of 447/12/12 at 10:41pmThread Starterpost #23 of 447/12/12 at 10:45pm
For what it's worth, opinions of the 780's vary wildly. There's tons of people out there that just love them to death. Definitely look into some reviews for them, you may end up liking what you hear.post #24 of 447/12/12 at 10:47pm
I've been researching for myself too. Some names to consider (apart from what has already been mentioned):
* B&W P3 - fantastic reviews...
* Phillips Citiscape Uptown - stylish and sound good...good reviews ( Apparently Audio-Technica ATH-M50 killer )
Sony MDR-V55 ... looks good, sounds good ... cheaper so u can add a DAC + Amp
Skullcandy ROC Nation Aviator - good looks and decent sound but lack isolation a little apparently
* Fischer Audio FA-003 - Not good looking...but sound super great for the price...damn good reviews !
* = What i would love to have :)
Hv fun dude !post #25 of 447/12/12 at 10:54pmpost #26 of 447/12/12 at 11:07pmThread Starterpost #27 of 447/12/12 at 11:09pmThread Starterpost #28 of 447/12/12 at 11:29pmThread Starter
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass betterpost #29 of 447/12/12 at 11:41pm
u know u could get the basic hd25; it has great prat and bass. Plus they run pretty well on ipod without amping
post #30 of 447/12/12 at 11:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jay Delo
Ive got to say that I'm stuck on the 780's but what I'm hearing is they don't have good bass and I'm wondering sense I'm going to be using my iPod with these if i could just use the bass booster on that but if not I'm open to portable amp suggestions to make the bass better
I can't remember their bass too well, but I remember then being fairly bass heavy. I think most bass heads would be satisfied with it.
If you're really looking for bass though, it may just be worth it to go with the 580's. I think their cable is tough enough to tie together without worrying about damaging it.
- looking for first good headphones around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 11 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from Ultrasone 750 pro 34 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Tera Player - Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 5 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse