- 24 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Long Island, NY
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAsustagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAudezetagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAudioFlytagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandLabkabletagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12More
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Check Out Head-Fi's Fall 2011 Holiday Gift Guide! Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:09pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 1/21/15 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [Impression] FiiO E10 Last post on 1/10/15 at 6:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! - Page 7post #91 of 1647/16/12 at 7:50pmGreat job on the guide! Although this is tempting me to open up the ol' wallet for some new toys... :)
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 1647/16/12 at 8:17pmpost #93 of 1647/16/12 at 9:36pm
Anyone else notice how the cover font makes it look like 2012 head-F1 buying guide?
Appreciate the work that went into this guide. I echo what others have said about font appearance and size. Even on a fairly large monitor it was hard to read.
post #94 of 1647/16/12 at 11:02pmpost #95 of 1647/16/12 at 11:54pmThread StarterQuote:
I really like my Denon AH-D7000, but, as Extra pointed out, I didn't see much point including it, given its status.
Also, my experience with the new (upcoming) line is still pretty limited. That said, a pre-production sample of the AH-D7100 Artisan just arrived, which I'm looking forward to spending some time with this week.
While I didn't write the guide for the purpose of confounding newbies, I definitely didn't write it for newbies either. Following is the guide's introduction:
From Guide's introduction:
After we published the first Head-Fi Gift Guide, some people asked me if I could make future gift guides more accessible, particularly for non-Head-Fi'ers who might happen upon it. And while I may think of ways to do that in future updates, the Head-Fi Gift Guide is mostly intended for the more diehard Head-Fi'ers--the ones who probably won't need to look up the definition of "IEM," "24/192," "DAC," "FLAC," "XLR," or "opamp." Of course, I'd be thrilled if non-Head-Fi'ers also find the guide interesting, but at its core, this gift guide is for us, the denizens of the Head-Fi community--the hardcore headphone audio enthusiasts...
That photo does sort of look like the MDR-V600, but it is the MDR-V6. I had to do a double-take myself.
Well, I am a huge F1 fan. And maybe it was an homage to the Grado HF2.
Thanks for the feedback. We will take all of this feedback into consideration as we put together the next one.post #96 of 1647/17/12 at 12:09am
Number of reviews for Skullcandy: 2 AKG: 0
I feel the AKG K550 really deserves a place there, as it's one of the best sounding, noise isolating, full sized cans in its price range.
Nice buying guide. Gave a nice insight into a few of the top picks in every category.
The page issue can be avoided by reading page by page which is what I did.
Edited by iamthem - 7/17/12 at 12:46ampost #97 of 1647/17/12 at 3:47ampost #98 of 1647/17/12 at 4:59ampost #99 of 1647/17/12 at 5:35ampost #100 of 1647/17/12 at 5:37ampost #101 of 1647/17/12 at 5:52ampost #102 of 1647/17/12 at 6:34ampost #103 of 1647/17/12 at 9:52ampost #104 of 1647/17/12 at 11:00am
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 28 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › IC: 2015 Melbourne Meet 2 minutes ago
- › Do the Skullcandy Crushers need breaking in for the vibrating bass? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Headphones vs Sennheiser hd598... 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › I can't make up my mind 6 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 6 minutes ago
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3