- 27 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Long Island, NY
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAsustagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAudezetagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAudioFlytagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandLabkabletagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12More
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Check Out Head-Fi's Fall 2011 Holiday Gift Guide! Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:09pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 6/28/15 at 6:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [Impression] FiiO E10 Last post on 6/28/15 at 1:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! - Page 7post #91 of 1647/16/12 at 7:50pmGreat job on the guide! Although this is tempting me to open up the ol' wallet for some new toys... :)
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 1647/16/12 at 8:17pmpost #93 of 1647/16/12 at 9:36pm
Anyone else notice how the cover font makes it look like 2012 head-F1 buying guide?
Appreciate the work that went into this guide. I echo what others have said about font appearance and size. Even on a fairly large monitor it was hard to read.
post #94 of 1647/16/12 at 11:02pmpost #95 of 1647/16/12 at 11:54pmThread StarterQuote:
I really like my Denon AH-D7000, but, as Extra pointed out, I didn't see much point including it, given its status.
Also, my experience with the new (upcoming) line is still pretty limited. That said, a pre-production sample of the AH-D7100 Artisan just arrived, which I'm looking forward to spending some time with this week.
While I didn't write the guide for the purpose of confounding newbies, I definitely didn't write it for newbies either. Following is the guide's introduction:
From Guide's introduction:
After we published the first Head-Fi Gift Guide, some people asked me if I could make future gift guides more accessible, particularly for non-Head-Fi'ers who might happen upon it. And while I may think of ways to do that in future updates, the Head-Fi Gift Guide is mostly intended for the more diehard Head-Fi'ers--the ones who probably won't need to look up the definition of "IEM," "24/192," "DAC," "FLAC," "XLR," or "opamp." Of course, I'd be thrilled if non-Head-Fi'ers also find the guide interesting, but at its core, this gift guide is for us, the denizens of the Head-Fi community--the hardcore headphone audio enthusiasts...
That photo does sort of look like the MDR-V600, but it is the MDR-V6. I had to do a double-take myself.
Well, I am a huge F1 fan. And maybe it was an homage to the Grado HF2.
Thanks for the feedback. We will take all of this feedback into consideration as we put together the next one.post #96 of 1647/17/12 at 12:09am
Number of reviews for Skullcandy: 2 AKG: 0
I feel the AKG K550 really deserves a place there, as it's one of the best sounding, noise isolating, full sized cans in its price range.
Nice buying guide. Gave a nice insight into a few of the top picks in every category.
The page issue can be avoided by reading page by page which is what I did.
Edited by iamthem - 7/17/12 at 12:46ampost #97 of 1647/17/12 at 3:47ampost #98 of 1647/17/12 at 4:59ampost #99 of 1647/17/12 at 5:35ampost #100 of 1647/17/12 at 5:37ampost #101 of 1647/17/12 at 5:52ampost #102 of 1647/17/12 at 6:34ampost #103 of 1647/17/12 at 9:52ampost #104 of 1647/17/12 at 11:00am
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › What are these songs (From a Chinese Buffet)? 21 seconds ago
- › around-the-ear headphones: tell me your opinion and help me in... 28 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 54 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)