- 28 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Long Island, NY
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAsustagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAudezetagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAudioFlytagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandLabkabletagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12More
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Check Out Head-Fi's Fall 2011 Holiday Gift Guide! Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:09pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [Impression] FiiO E10 Last post on 6/28/15 at 1:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! - Page 7post #91 of 1647/16/12 at 7:50pmGreat job on the guide! Although this is tempting me to open up the ol' wallet for some new toys... :)
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 1647/16/12 at 8:17pmpost #93 of 1647/16/12 at 9:36pm
Anyone else notice how the cover font makes it look like 2012 head-F1 buying guide?
Appreciate the work that went into this guide. I echo what others have said about font appearance and size. Even on a fairly large monitor it was hard to read.
post #94 of 1647/16/12 at 11:02pmpost #95 of 1647/16/12 at 11:54pmThread StarterQuote:
I really like my Denon AH-D7000, but, as Extra pointed out, I didn't see much point including it, given its status.
Also, my experience with the new (upcoming) line is still pretty limited. That said, a pre-production sample of the AH-D7100 Artisan just arrived, which I'm looking forward to spending some time with this week.
While I didn't write the guide for the purpose of confounding newbies, I definitely didn't write it for newbies either. Following is the guide's introduction:
From Guide's introduction:
After we published the first Head-Fi Gift Guide, some people asked me if I could make future gift guides more accessible, particularly for non-Head-Fi'ers who might happen upon it. And while I may think of ways to do that in future updates, the Head-Fi Gift Guide is mostly intended for the more diehard Head-Fi'ers--the ones who probably won't need to look up the definition of "IEM," "24/192," "DAC," "FLAC," "XLR," or "opamp." Of course, I'd be thrilled if non-Head-Fi'ers also find the guide interesting, but at its core, this gift guide is for us, the denizens of the Head-Fi community--the hardcore headphone audio enthusiasts...
That photo does sort of look like the MDR-V600, but it is the MDR-V6. I had to do a double-take myself.
Well, I am a huge F1 fan. And maybe it was an homage to the Grado HF2.
Thanks for the feedback. We will take all of this feedback into consideration as we put together the next one.post #96 of 1647/17/12 at 12:09am
Number of reviews for Skullcandy: 2 AKG: 0
I feel the AKG K550 really deserves a place there, as it's one of the best sounding, noise isolating, full sized cans in its price range.
Nice buying guide. Gave a nice insight into a few of the top picks in every category.
The page issue can be avoided by reading page by page which is what I did.
Edited by iamthem - 7/17/12 at 12:46ampost #97 of 1647/17/12 at 3:47ampost #98 of 1647/17/12 at 4:59ampost #99 of 1647/17/12 at 5:35ampost #100 of 1647/17/12 at 5:37ampost #101 of 1647/17/12 at 5:52ampost #102 of 1647/17/12 at 6:34ampost #103 of 1647/17/12 at 9:52ampost #104 of 1647/17/12 at 11:00am
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 26 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 32 seconds ago
- › Which is best for Rock music? SoundMagic E30, E50, E80, and others 48 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › I think my left ear is slightly weaker 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Chesky Records Tournament Finals: Last Chance to get 50% off any... 7 minutes ago
- › Need a badge? 10 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2