- 28 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Location: Long Island, NY
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAsustagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAudezetagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandAudioFlytagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandLabkabletagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/14/12More
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 7/14/12
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Check Out Head-Fi's Fall 2011 Holiday Gift Guide! Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:09pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [Impression] FiiO E10 Last post on 6/28/15 at 1:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! - Page 7post #91 of 1647/16/12 at 7:50pmGreat job on the guide! Although this is tempting me to open up the ol' wallet for some new toys... :)
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 1647/16/12 at 8:17pmpost #93 of 1647/16/12 at 9:36pm
Anyone else notice how the cover font makes it look like 2012 head-F1 buying guide?
Appreciate the work that went into this guide. I echo what others have said about font appearance and size. Even on a fairly large monitor it was hard to read.
post #94 of 1647/16/12 at 11:02pmpost #95 of 1647/16/12 at 11:54pmThread StarterQuote:
I really like my Denon AH-D7000, but, as Extra pointed out, I didn't see much point including it, given its status.
Also, my experience with the new (upcoming) line is still pretty limited. That said, a pre-production sample of the AH-D7100 Artisan just arrived, which I'm looking forward to spending some time with this week.
While I didn't write the guide for the purpose of confounding newbies, I definitely didn't write it for newbies either. Following is the guide's introduction:
From Guide's introduction:
After we published the first Head-Fi Gift Guide, some people asked me if I could make future gift guides more accessible, particularly for non-Head-Fi'ers who might happen upon it. And while I may think of ways to do that in future updates, the Head-Fi Gift Guide is mostly intended for the more diehard Head-Fi'ers--the ones who probably won't need to look up the definition of "IEM," "24/192," "DAC," "FLAC," "XLR," or "opamp." Of course, I'd be thrilled if non-Head-Fi'ers also find the guide interesting, but at its core, this gift guide is for us, the denizens of the Head-Fi community--the hardcore headphone audio enthusiasts...
That photo does sort of look like the MDR-V600, but it is the MDR-V6. I had to do a double-take myself.
Well, I am a huge F1 fan. And maybe it was an homage to the Grado HF2.
Thanks for the feedback. We will take all of this feedback into consideration as we put together the next one.post #96 of 1647/17/12 at 12:09am
Number of reviews for Skullcandy: 2 AKG: 0
I feel the AKG K550 really deserves a place there, as it's one of the best sounding, noise isolating, full sized cans in its price range.
Nice buying guide. Gave a nice insight into a few of the top picks in every category.
The page issue can be avoided by reading page by page which is what I did.
Edited by iamthem - 7/17/12 at 12:46ampost #97 of 1647/17/12 at 3:47ampost #98 of 1647/17/12 at 4:59ampost #99 of 1647/17/12 at 5:35ampost #100 of 1647/17/12 at 5:37ampost #101 of 1647/17/12 at 5:52ampost #102 of 1647/17/12 at 6:34ampost #103 of 1647/17/12 at 9:52ampost #104 of 1647/17/12 at 11:00am
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Astell&Kern AK380 13 seconds ago
- › Having trouble choosing between a few different close-back phones... 14 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 32 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 46 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3