Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Harman Kardon BT first impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Harman Kardon BT first impressions - Page 3

post #31 of 57

Just wondering if you can swap the earpads on the BT to the CL and see what transpires sonically  very_evil_smiley.gif  

post #32 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Just wondering if you can swap the earpads on the BT to the CL and see what transpires sonically  very_evil_smiley.gif  

 

LOL, just a wild guess but I'm gonna say no - that's probably not going to happen.

post #33 of 57
Reply
post #34 of 57

I've tried the MM500s, and have had the 550s for a while.  I recently bought a Parrot Zik, Beats Wireless and now the BTs in quick succession. The Beats are a different class--loud and bassy. I actually like the bass, but as most have said they are nowhere near the sound of audiophile headphones.  When I got the Ziks, i thought they made the Senns (and the nokia 905 (and i)) seem like toys--the Zik had a much fuller sound, and got louder too--but well, I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to return my Ziks.  Yes, these are that good.  where the Senns sounded hollow, and the Ziks perhaps a bit muddy (but more real and true than the Beats and with better bass) the BTs are just clear and smooth.  Almost sennheiser like.  So, yeah, I'm truly impressed. 

 

The Ziks? Well I'm still considering keeping them because their Noise Canceling is fabulous, and I'm a big fan of their auto pause upon removal (Although it's proved a bit finicky--perhaps a strike)? If they Harmans had NC--even if not as good as the Ziks, there'd be no competition.  And I do like their aesthetic.  

post #35 of 57

Has anyone else tried the Senn MM 500-X and the HK BT's? I am another trying to decide between the two. Between amaechi's post and all the HK BT love I  am seeing, really leaning towards those, but would like to hear more opnions.
 

post #36 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheamus View Post

Has anyone else tried the Senn MM 500-X and the HK BT's? I am another trying to decide between the two. Between amaechi's post and all the HK BT love I  am seeing, really leaning towards those, but would like to hear more opnions.
 

 

I just received the MM45-x for review.  Stay subscribed for my unboxing and impressions.

 

Reply
post #37 of 57

I've bought the BT's and I really like em. Nice bass but not too much.

 

If you get them just make sure to use it with an aptX device such as the Galaxy SIII or Note II for example.
 

post #38 of 57

Extremely interested in these, but i just cant tear away from my B&O Form 2

post #39 of 57

I like to try the NC soon.

Reply
post #40 of 57

NC's?

post #41 of 57

yes, there is an active noise canceling version at $299.

Reply
post #42 of 57

Now that, i am really interested in. i love the sound of the form 2's

post #43 of 57
I have these but yet to actually use them.
post #44 of 57

Hi, thanks for your review of these headphones. Your review and others here helped me decide to purchase the BTs, too, and I'm enjoying them. I am wondering if an inexpensive headphone amp would make them even better? I have an iphone 5 and was considering the fiio  e6 or even the e11. It sound like I would have to purchase the lightning-to-30-pin connector, as well. Do you think it's worth it? Or if you don't have any thoughts, I understand. Thanks again.

post #45 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt32250 View Post

Hi, thanks for your review of these headphones. Your review and others here helped me decide to purchase the BTs, too, and I'm enjoying them. I am wondering if an inexpensive headphone amp would make them even better? I have an iphone 5 and was considering the fiio  e6 or even the e11. It sound like I would have to purchase the lightning-to-30-pin connector, as well. Do you think it's worth it? Or if you don't have any thoughts, I understand. Thanks again.

I think an amp will improve them quite a bit, when I plugged mine into my desktop system they sounded way better than the headphone out on my Galaxy S2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Harman Kardon BT first impressions