The Samson SR850 is a great choice. Wonderful performance for the price, pretty comfortable, and cheap (at least in the US).
- productAdidas MX 680 Sports Earbud Headphones with Volume Control and Earfin Holding Systemtagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productBehringer HPX4000 Closed-Type High-Definition DJ Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 205-IItagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSR850 Professional Studio Reference Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD661tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparing Headphones: Which One Is Good? Suggestions? Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for advice. Please Help! Last post on 1/20/13 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$50 Home headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Help choosing new cans - Page 2post #16 of 187/24/12 at 12:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 187/24/12 at 1:41amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SativaPhoenix
Hahaha Ohh cool, but I can't help you other than that have to have site then. I lived there five years ago and im in the Western Cape now. I bought one pair of sennheiser the 428s off that site. And got the 2o5s for half the price. They do have some audio-technical so let us know when you order, ten days or so after when you get it and how they sound. I have wanted to buy a pair of at cans but I really love the German cans ;D
I also read another link earlier of people not recommending anything audio related coming from the mouse company. If only I could link with this phone. I hope your purchase goes well, just Google the model and reviews of what you like. Nice to help out.
I appreciate all the help ... I will definitely let the thread readers know how it goes ... lets just hope I make a good choiceQuote:
How is the bass on the SR850's ... I haven't really found a good hands on review ...post #18 of 187/24/12 at 8:54amQuote:
Here is the frequency response graph for the Superlux 668 (same as Samson SR850) from headroom. It has a mid bass hump, but it doesn't bleed into the mids. Also, note that the extension isn't real deep. The graph shows you that around 40hz it starts falling off. I don't own these anymore, but I didn't remember the bass being quite as emphasized as the graph makes it out to be. It is definitely there and it is powerful, but not overpowering.
- Help choosing new cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 6 seconds ago
- › Help deciding on which headphones to try 17 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › The voodoo-less cable thread. Reasonable cable vendors and reviews. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good Amp and DAC? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)