The Samson SR850 is a great choice. Wonderful performance for the price, pretty comfortable, and cheap (at least in the US).
- productAdidas MX 680 Sports Earbud Headphones with Volume Control and Earfin Holding Systemtagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productBehringer HPX4000 Closed-Type High-Definition DJ Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 205-IItagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSR850 Professional Studio Reference Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD661tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparing Headphones: Which One Is Good? Suggestions? Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for advice. Please Help! Last post on 1/20/13 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$50 Home headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Huaham E701 Silence Dreamer in-ear monitor was on sale for $26.99 USD on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Review Introduction Many thanks to samma3a.com for providing me with a ASG2.5 for a week to review. Aurisonics is a Nashville, Tennessee, US based company that produces...
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This pair of beauty have unseated my AKG 551 as a my favourite portable headphones to go with my ipod touch while I enjoy my spotify playlists. Coldplay´s "Life in Technicolour" is an...
Help choosing new cans - Page 2post #16 of 187/24/12 at 12:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 187/24/12 at 1:41amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SativaPhoenix
Hahaha Ohh cool, but I can't help you other than that have to have site then. I lived there five years ago and im in the Western Cape now. I bought one pair of sennheiser the 428s off that site. And got the 2o5s for half the price. They do have some audio-technical so let us know when you order, ten days or so after when you get it and how they sound. I have wanted to buy a pair of at cans but I really love the German cans ;D
I also read another link earlier of people not recommending anything audio related coming from the mouse company. If only I could link with this phone. I hope your purchase goes well, just Google the model and reviews of what you like. Nice to help out.
I appreciate all the help ... I will definitely let the thread readers know how it goes ... lets just hope I make a good choiceQuote:
How is the bass on the SR850's ... I haven't really found a good hands on review ...post #18 of 187/24/12 at 8:54amQuote:
Here is the frequency response graph for the Superlux 668 (same as Samson SR850) from headroom. It has a mid bass hump, but it doesn't bleed into the mids. Also, note that the extension isn't real deep. The graph shows you that around 40hz it starts falling off. I don't own these anymore, but I didn't remember the bass being quite as emphasized as the graph makes it out to be. It is definitely there and it is powerful, but not overpowering.
- Help choosing new cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Wow, Ultimate Ears 600 measurements look good! 39 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › PowerDacs??? Direct Digital Amp 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 6 minutes ago
- › Huaham Ultimate Edition E701 Noodle Style Ergonomics Noise... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2