The Samson SR850 is a great choice. Wonderful performance for the price, pretty comfortable, and cheap (at least in the US).
- productAdidas MX 680 Sports Earbud Headphones with Volume Control and Earfin Holding Systemtagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productBehringer HPX4000 Closed-Type High-Definition DJ Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 205-IItagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSR850 Professional Studio Reference Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD661tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparing Headphones: Which One Is Good? Suggestions? Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for advice. Please Help! Last post on 1/20/13 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$50 Home headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Help choosing new cans - Page 2post #16 of 187/24/12 at 12:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 187/24/12 at 1:41amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SativaPhoenix
Hahaha Ohh cool, but I can't help you other than that have to have site then. I lived there five years ago and im in the Western Cape now. I bought one pair of sennheiser the 428s off that site. And got the 2o5s for half the price. They do have some audio-technical so let us know when you order, ten days or so after when you get it and how they sound. I have wanted to buy a pair of at cans but I really love the German cans ;D
I also read another link earlier of people not recommending anything audio related coming from the mouse company. If only I could link with this phone. I hope your purchase goes well, just Google the model and reviews of what you like. Nice to help out.
I appreciate all the help ... I will definitely let the thread readers know how it goes ... lets just hope I make a good choiceQuote:
How is the bass on the SR850's ... I haven't really found a good hands on review ...post #18 of 187/24/12 at 8:54amQuote:
Here is the frequency response graph for the Superlux 668 (same as Samson SR850) from headroom. It has a mid bass hump, but it doesn't bleed into the mids. Also, note that the extension isn't real deep. The graph shows you that around 40hz it starts falling off. I don't own these anymore, but I didn't remember the bass being quite as emphasized as the graph makes it out to be. It is definitely there and it is powerful, but not overpowering.
- Help choosing new cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › post your grado mods.... 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 27 seconds ago
- › Toronto Winter Meet 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 4 minutes ago
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › is the Shure SE215 worth $89? 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)