The Samson SR850 is a great choice. Wonderful performance for the price, pretty comfortable, and cheap (at least in the US).
- productAdidas MX 680 Sports Earbud Headphones with Volume Control and Earfin Holding Systemtagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productBehringer HPX4000 Closed-Type High-Definition DJ Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 205-IItagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSR850 Professional Studio Reference Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD661tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparing Headphones: Which One Is Good? Suggestions? Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for advice. Please Help! Last post on 1/20/13 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$50 Home headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Help choosing new cans - Page 2post #16 of 187/24/12 at 12:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 187/24/12 at 1:41amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SativaPhoenix
Hahaha Ohh cool, but I can't help you other than that have to have site then. I lived there five years ago and im in the Western Cape now. I bought one pair of sennheiser the 428s off that site. And got the 2o5s for half the price. They do have some audio-technical so let us know when you order, ten days or so after when you get it and how they sound. I have wanted to buy a pair of at cans but I really love the German cans ;D
I also read another link earlier of people not recommending anything audio related coming from the mouse company. If only I could link with this phone. I hope your purchase goes well, just Google the model and reviews of what you like. Nice to help out.
I appreciate all the help ... I will definitely let the thread readers know how it goes ... lets just hope I make a good choiceQuote:
How is the bass on the SR850's ... I haven't really found a good hands on review ...post #18 of 187/24/12 at 8:54amQuote:
Here is the frequency response graph for the Superlux 668 (same as Samson SR850) from headroom. It has a mid bass hump, but it doesn't bleed into the mids. Also, note that the extension isn't real deep. The graph shows you that around 40hz it starts falling off. I don't own these anymore, but I didn't remember the bass being quite as emphasized as the graph makes it out to be. It is definitely there and it is powerful, but not overpowering.
- Help choosing new cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 35 seconds ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 35 seconds ago
- › Koss HV/A1 headphones 49 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)