The Samson SR850 is a great choice. Wonderful performance for the price, pretty comfortable, and cheap (at least in the US).
- productAdidas MX 680 Sports Earbud Headphones with Volume Control and Earfin Holding Systemtagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productBehringer HPX4000 Closed-Type High-Definition DJ Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 205-IItagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSR850 Professional Studio Reference Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD661tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comparing Headphones: Which One Is Good? Suggestions? Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for advice. Please Help! Last post on 1/20/13 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest velour earpads that fit Samson SR50, Superlux HD668b/HD661, AKG k240? Last post on 8/15/12 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$50 Home headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
Help choosing new cans - Page 2post #16 of 187/24/12 at 12:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 187/24/12 at 1:41amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SativaPhoenix
Hahaha Ohh cool, but I can't help you other than that have to have site then. I lived there five years ago and im in the Western Cape now. I bought one pair of sennheiser the 428s off that site. And got the 2o5s for half the price. They do have some audio-technical so let us know when you order, ten days or so after when you get it and how they sound. I have wanted to buy a pair of at cans but I really love the German cans ;D
I also read another link earlier of people not recommending anything audio related coming from the mouse company. If only I could link with this phone. I hope your purchase goes well, just Google the model and reviews of what you like. Nice to help out.
I appreciate all the help ... I will definitely let the thread readers know how it goes ... lets just hope I make a good choiceQuote:
How is the bass on the SR850's ... I haven't really found a good hands on review ...post #18 of 187/24/12 at 8:54amQuote:
Here is the frequency response graph for the Superlux 668 (same as Samson SR850) from headroom. It has a mid bass hump, but it doesn't bleed into the mids. Also, note that the extension isn't real deep. The graph shows you that around 40hz it starts falling off. I don't own these anymore, but I didn't remember the bass being quite as emphasized as the graph makes it out to be. It is definitely there and it is powerful, but not overpowering.
- Help choosing new cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 42 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 53 seconds ago
- › 4x Fiio HS2 Headphone Signal Switchers 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 1 minute ago
- › Water resitant In Ear Monitors / headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Best in-ear headphones with less noise isolation 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jasonb
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)