- 142 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Portland Oregon
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 9/14/12 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone DJ 1 Pro vs ATH-M50 Review Last post on 6/24/12 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD380's for ATH-M50's or HD598's for HD580 Last post on 6/10/13 at 4:45pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
ATH-M50 VS Ultrasone HIFI 580
Poll Results: ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HIFI 580
10 Total Votespost #1 of 67/9/12 at 10:56pmThread StarterHey head fi I havegoten myy choices of cans down to these two headphones. I come to you to help me decide I listen to pretty much everything I like some extra bass but not so much to where it takes away from the overall sound quality. I if you could give me some pros and cons of both headphones that would be great (or point me to a link) . Thank you for your help I really need it!
40% (4)Ultrasone HIFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/10/12 at 8:39ampost #3 of 610/9/12 at 4:34pm
Well, I haven't posted much but I could chime in and give you some insight. I own both the M50's and 580's, and I would throw in with the 580's without a second thought . The M50's are great headphones; I recently gave my pair to a family member to set them off in the land of greater sound. The 580's however, carry the more controlled yet impactful bass and still come through amazingly well in the mid and high range. The M50's begin to dissapoint me when listening to a variety of music. Sometimes the bass is overly apparent and the mids fall back, and I feel as though the high end lacks in comparison to the 580's with orchestrated music. The staging on the 580's is much better and you can sense instrument placement a lot more. I think if you're using even a basic source material, the 580's will thrive.
Then again, like some say you may not enjoy the ultrasone experience. I personally do, and so do many of my friends who have tried mine. I also have replaced my ear cushions on the 580's to the beyerdynamic dt250's velour pads. I find them excellent, too.
The M50's get great hype here, and rightfully so, but i feel more emersed in music when listening to the 580's.
Good luck to you, man!post #4 of 610/12/12 at 5:15ampost #5 of 610/12/12 at 7:00pmpost #6 of 610/12/12 at 10:03pm
- ATH-M50 VS Ultrasone HIFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 23 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 25 seconds ago
- › Why not beats by Dre? 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 305 IEMs compared (Moe Audio MOE-SS01 Added... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital