- 142 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Portland Oregon
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 4/2/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone DJ 1 Pro vs ATH-M50 Review Last post on 6/24/12 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD380's for ATH-M50's or HD598's for HD580 Last post on 6/10/13 at 4:45pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
ATH-M50 VS Ultrasone HIFI 580
Poll Results: ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HIFI 580
10 Total Votespost #1 of 67/9/12 at 10:56pmThread StarterHey head fi I havegoten myy choices of cans down to these two headphones. I come to you to help me decide I listen to pretty much everything I like some extra bass but not so much to where it takes away from the overall sound quality. I if you could give me some pros and cons of both headphones that would be great (or point me to a link) . Thank you for your help I really need it!
40% (4)Ultrasone HIFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/10/12 at 8:39ampost #3 of 610/9/12 at 4:34pm
Well, I haven't posted much but I could chime in and give you some insight. I own both the M50's and 580's, and I would throw in with the 580's without a second thought . The M50's are great headphones; I recently gave my pair to a family member to set them off in the land of greater sound. The 580's however, carry the more controlled yet impactful bass and still come through amazingly well in the mid and high range. The M50's begin to dissapoint me when listening to a variety of music. Sometimes the bass is overly apparent and the mids fall back, and I feel as though the high end lacks in comparison to the 580's with orchestrated music. The staging on the 580's is much better and you can sense instrument placement a lot more. I think if you're using even a basic source material, the 580's will thrive.
Then again, like some say you may not enjoy the ultrasone experience. I personally do, and so do many of my friends who have tried mine. I also have replaced my ear cushions on the 580's to the beyerdynamic dt250's velour pads. I find them excellent, too.
The M50's get great hype here, and rightfully so, but i feel more emersed in music when listening to the 580's.
Good luck to you, man!post #4 of 610/12/12 at 5:15ampost #5 of 610/12/12 at 7:00pmpost #6 of 610/12/12 at 10:03pm
- ATH-M50 VS Ultrasone HIFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 15 seconds ago
- › Recommend Speakers for my room? 49 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 1 minute ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 2 minutes ago
- › Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)