- 142 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Portland Oregon
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 4/2/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone DJ 1 Pro vs ATH-M50 Review Last post on 6/24/12 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD380's for ATH-M50's or HD598's for HD580 Last post on 6/10/13 at 4:45pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
ATH-M50 VS Ultrasone HIFI 580
Poll Results: ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HIFI 580
10 Total Votespost #1 of 67/9/12 at 10:56pmThread StarterHey head fi I havegoten myy choices of cans down to these two headphones. I come to you to help me decide I listen to pretty much everything I like some extra bass but not so much to where it takes away from the overall sound quality. I if you could give me some pros and cons of both headphones that would be great (or point me to a link) . Thank you for your help I really need it!
40% (4)Ultrasone HIFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/10/12 at 8:39ampost #3 of 610/9/12 at 4:34pm
Well, I haven't posted much but I could chime in and give you some insight. I own both the M50's and 580's, and I would throw in with the 580's without a second thought . The M50's are great headphones; I recently gave my pair to a family member to set them off in the land of greater sound. The 580's however, carry the more controlled yet impactful bass and still come through amazingly well in the mid and high range. The M50's begin to dissapoint me when listening to a variety of music. Sometimes the bass is overly apparent and the mids fall back, and I feel as though the high end lacks in comparison to the 580's with orchestrated music. The staging on the 580's is much better and you can sense instrument placement a lot more. I think if you're using even a basic source material, the 580's will thrive.
Then again, like some say you may not enjoy the ultrasone experience. I personally do, and so do many of my friends who have tried mine. I also have replaced my ear cushions on the 580's to the beyerdynamic dt250's velour pads. I find them excellent, too.
The M50's get great hype here, and rightfully so, but i feel more emersed in music when listening to the 580's.
Good luck to you, man!post #4 of 610/12/12 at 5:15ampost #5 of 610/12/12 at 7:00pmpost #6 of 610/12/12 at 10:03pm
- ATH-M50 VS Ultrasone HIFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Looking for an Over Ear, Open Headphone for Home PC use. 13 seconds ago
- › Shunyata or Siltech XLR interconnects 34 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 43 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones that are crystal clear 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DT 990 PRO 250 vs SoundMAGIC HP100 4 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude