using k701/702 pads would be very bad for the k550, you would lose all the low end and make them overly bright.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 7/15/16 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
AKG k550 alternate ear pads? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1239/12/12 at 8:37am
That actually sounds kinda tempting... real men like ear splitting treblepost #18 of 1239/12/12 at 4:42pmQuote:
right, I can imagine that being pretty bad. hmm. what about beyerdynamic gel pads? anyone know how the beyer pads are fitted?
thanks!post #19 of 12310/18/12 at 1:45ampost #20 of 12310/18/12 at 7:33am
If you have a hoodie (or bandana, shirt, napkin, etc), maybe you can wear the headphone over the hoodle to get a rough idea of how it could feel and sound with cloth pads.
Edited by talisman42 - 10/18/12 at 7:37ampost #21 of 12310/18/12 at 8:31am
I dont think that would work, the pads are very different. And I think they use different methods of attachments which would mean you would have to glue/tape/gum/etc to attach the K701 pads to the K550.post #22 of 12312/2/12 at 10:57am
The pads on these headphones are CRAP. They make you swet a lot from the skin and they get marked very easily. I would like to have pads like the Senn Momentum for example. They don't make you swet and are very comfy.post #23 of 12312/2/12 at 11:18ampost #24 of 1232/1/13 at 5:25ampost #25 of 1234/19/13 at 9:16pmpost #26 of 1234/22/13 at 11:53am
Anyone tried to remove the pads on these? They are so thin I don't want to break them. Looks like the JMoney Beyer pads are the same size and would like to try these on the headphone...post #27 of 1234/22/13 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #28 of 1234/22/13 at 2:46pmpost #29 of 1234/22/13 at 4:26pmpost #30 of 1238/17/13 at 11:02am
Gonna revive this, but I agree... the FAKE leather is not impressive... my w1000x got a WHOLE light tighter on REAL Leather pads... which might be bad on the k550, as its already very tight <3
Still Me no like Fake Leather, makes ya sweat! Real leather on the other hand does not ^^
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 33 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 42 seconds ago
- › Benjie Offical Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › Your collection :) 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 11 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear