using k701/702 pads would be very bad for the k550, you would lose all the low end and make them overly bright.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 7/15/16 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
AKG k550 alternate ear pads? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1109/12/12 at 8:37am
That actually sounds kinda tempting... real men like ear splitting treblepost #18 of 1109/12/12 at 4:42pmQuote:
right, I can imagine that being pretty bad. hmm. what about beyerdynamic gel pads? anyone know how the beyer pads are fitted?
thanks!post #19 of 11010/18/12 at 1:45ampost #20 of 11010/18/12 at 7:33am
If you have a hoodie (or bandana, shirt, napkin, etc), maybe you can wear the headphone over the hoodle to get a rough idea of how it could feel and sound with cloth pads.
Edited by talisman42 - 10/18/12 at 7:37ampost #21 of 11010/18/12 at 8:31am
I dont think that would work, the pads are very different. And I think they use different methods of attachments which would mean you would have to glue/tape/gum/etc to attach the K701 pads to the K550.post #22 of 11012/2/12 at 10:57am
The pads on these headphones are CRAP. They make you swet a lot from the skin and they get marked very easily. I would like to have pads like the Senn Momentum for example. They don't make you swet and are very comfy.post #23 of 11012/2/12 at 11:18ampost #24 of 1102/1/13 at 5:25ampost #25 of 1104/19/13 at 9:16pmpost #26 of 1104/22/13 at 11:53am
Anyone tried to remove the pads on these? They are so thin I don't want to break them. Looks like the JMoney Beyer pads are the same size and would like to try these on the headphone...post #27 of 1104/22/13 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #28 of 1104/22/13 at 2:46pmpost #29 of 1104/22/13 at 4:26pmpost #30 of 1108/17/13 at 11:02am
Gonna revive this, but I agree... the FAKE leather is not impressive... my w1000x got a WHOLE light tighter on REAL Leather pads... which might be bad on the k550, as its already very tight <3
Still Me no like Fake Leather, makes ya sweat! Real leather on the other hand does not ^^
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 6 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 23 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › cembalo lab spring1 : a new Headphone amp (Liquid carbon & Black... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p vs. Fostex TH-900? 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 3 minutes ago
- › Best Portable Dac/Amp Under $600 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...