using k701/702 pads would be very bad for the k550, you would lose all the low end and make them overly bright.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 7/15/16 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
AKG k550 alternate ear pads? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1199/12/12 at 8:37am
That actually sounds kinda tempting... real men like ear splitting treblepost #18 of 1199/12/12 at 4:42pmQuote:
right, I can imagine that being pretty bad. hmm. what about beyerdynamic gel pads? anyone know how the beyer pads are fitted?
thanks!post #19 of 11910/18/12 at 1:45ampost #20 of 11910/18/12 at 7:33am
If you have a hoodie (or bandana, shirt, napkin, etc), maybe you can wear the headphone over the hoodle to get a rough idea of how it could feel and sound with cloth pads.
Edited by talisman42 - 10/18/12 at 7:37ampost #21 of 11910/18/12 at 8:31am
I dont think that would work, the pads are very different. And I think they use different methods of attachments which would mean you would have to glue/tape/gum/etc to attach the K701 pads to the K550.post #22 of 11912/2/12 at 10:57am
The pads on these headphones are CRAP. They make you swet a lot from the skin and they get marked very easily. I would like to have pads like the Senn Momentum for example. They don't make you swet and are very comfy.post #23 of 11912/2/12 at 11:18ampost #24 of 1192/1/13 at 5:25ampost #25 of 1194/19/13 at 9:16pmpost #26 of 1194/22/13 at 11:53am
Anyone tried to remove the pads on these? They are so thin I don't want to break them. Looks like the JMoney Beyer pads are the same size and would like to try these on the headphone...post #27 of 1194/22/13 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #28 of 1194/22/13 at 2:46pmpost #29 of 1194/22/13 at 4:26pmpost #30 of 1198/17/13 at 11:02am
Gonna revive this, but I agree... the FAKE leather is not impressive... my w1000x got a WHOLE light tighter on REAL Leather pads... which might be bad on the k550, as its already very tight <3
Still Me no like Fake Leather, makes ya sweat! Real leather on the other hand does not ^^
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › WTB: Audioquest Nightowl 10 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 54 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A vs 1More Triple Driver 59 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › FX-Audio DAC-X6 2016 Release; potential sub-$100 king? 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo " Silver " 3 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear