using k701/702 pads would be very bad for the k550, you would lose all the low end and make them overly bright.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 12:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
AKG k550 alternate ear pads? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 659/12/12 at 8:37am
That actually sounds kinda tempting... real men like ear splitting treblepost #18 of 659/12/12 at 4:42pmQuote:
right, I can imagine that being pretty bad. hmm. what about beyerdynamic gel pads? anyone know how the beyer pads are fitted?
thanks!post #19 of 6510/18/12 at 1:45ampost #20 of 6510/18/12 at 7:33am
If you have a hoodie (or bandana, shirt, napkin, etc), maybe you can wear the headphone over the hoodle to get a rough idea of how it could feel and sound with cloth pads.
Edited by talisman42 - 10/18/12 at 7:37ampost #21 of 6510/18/12 at 8:31am
I dont think that would work, the pads are very different. And I think they use different methods of attachments which would mean you would have to glue/tape/gum/etc to attach the K701 pads to the K550.post #22 of 6512/2/12 at 10:57am
The pads on these headphones are CRAP. They make you swet a lot from the skin and they get marked very easily. I would like to have pads like the Senn Momentum for example. They don't make you swet and are very comfy.post #23 of 6512/2/12 at 11:18ampost #24 of 652/1/13 at 5:25ampost #25 of 654/19/13 at 9:16pmpost #26 of 654/22/13 at 11:53am
Anyone tried to remove the pads on these? They are so thin I don't want to break them. Looks like the JMoney Beyer pads are the same size and would like to try these on the headphone...post #27 of 654/22/13 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #28 of 654/22/13 at 2:46pmpost #29 of 654/22/13 at 4:26pmpost #30 of 658/17/13 at 11:02am
Gonna revive this, but I agree... the FAKE leather is not impressive... my w1000x got a WHOLE light tighter on REAL Leather pads... which might be bad on the k550, as its already very tight <3
Still Me no like Fake Leather, makes ya sweat! Real leather on the other hand does not ^^
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Stax SR-003 Mk1 7 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2