using k701/702 pads would be very bad for the k550, you would lose all the low end and make them overly bright.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 7/15/16 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
AKG k550 alternate ear pads? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1149/12/12 at 8:37am
That actually sounds kinda tempting... real men like ear splitting treblepost #18 of 1149/12/12 at 4:42pmQuote:
right, I can imagine that being pretty bad. hmm. what about beyerdynamic gel pads? anyone know how the beyer pads are fitted?
thanks!post #19 of 11410/18/12 at 1:45ampost #20 of 11410/18/12 at 7:33am
If you have a hoodie (or bandana, shirt, napkin, etc), maybe you can wear the headphone over the hoodle to get a rough idea of how it could feel and sound with cloth pads.
Edited by talisman42 - 10/18/12 at 7:37ampost #21 of 11410/18/12 at 8:31am
I dont think that would work, the pads are very different. And I think they use different methods of attachments which would mean you would have to glue/tape/gum/etc to attach the K701 pads to the K550.post #22 of 11412/2/12 at 10:57am
The pads on these headphones are CRAP. They make you swet a lot from the skin and they get marked very easily. I would like to have pads like the Senn Momentum for example. They don't make you swet and are very comfy.post #23 of 11412/2/12 at 11:18ampost #24 of 1142/1/13 at 5:25ampost #25 of 1144/19/13 at 9:16pmpost #26 of 1144/22/13 at 11:53am
Anyone tried to remove the pads on these? They are so thin I don't want to break them. Looks like the JMoney Beyer pads are the same size and would like to try these on the headphone...post #27 of 1144/22/13 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #28 of 1144/22/13 at 2:46pmpost #29 of 1144/22/13 at 4:26pmpost #30 of 1148/17/13 at 11:02am
Gonna revive this, but I agree... the FAKE leather is not impressive... my w1000x got a WHOLE light tighter on REAL Leather pads... which might be bad on the k550, as its already very tight <3
Still Me no like Fake Leather, makes ya sweat! Real leather on the other hand does not ^^
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 5 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 9 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 10 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 10 minutes ago
- › Wireless/Blueooth Sports earbuds Recommendation 17 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 20 minutes ago
- › Violectric / Lake People DAC RS 06 22 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...