I'm looking for some real leather pads for these headphones. I haven't been able to find anything but figured maybe someone on the forums might know. In the very least maybe we could spark an interest in them and convince someone to start making them.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- [Question] Looking for a headphone + tinnitus Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full Headphones for Classical Last post on 11/12/12 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
AKG k550 alternate ear pads?post #1 of 347/9/12 at 9:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 347/13/12 at 11:53pm
I'm interested in replacement pads for my pair of AKG K550's too. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind if the pads weren't leather, as long as it's affordable and can replace the worn/torn earpads that I might happen in a couple of years.post #3 of 347/14/12 at 10:26am
I would also be interested in some different pad options. Given their tonality, I think that staying with leather/leather-like is ideal as a change to velour/cloth could increase treble energy and a loss of body. Of course, there may be other interesting options... (gel anyone?)
OP, have you tried stuffing the stock earpads yet? I've found that cotton produced a nice result. Packaging foam not so much. :Ppost #4 of 347/14/12 at 10:46amThread Starterpost #5 of 348/10/12 at 4:05ampost #6 of 348/10/12 at 6:33amThread Starter
Basically there is a lip on the cup of the headphones that the lower part of the earpads goes under. If you just pull the earpads off it's self explanatory. To get them back on you slide them through the notch in the plastic cup and turn the earpads until they are on all the way.
Edited by Danthrax - 8/10/12 at 1:11pmpost #7 of 348/10/12 at 11:59ampost #8 of 349/11/12 at 4:35pmpost #9 of 349/11/12 at 4:41pmpost #10 of 349/11/12 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by fabio-fi
I think this may interest you i was also curious but i found an answer.
oh that is cool. I'm trying to get my friend to measure his pads for me, I'll post back with results unless they are out there somewhere already. :P
they appear to have the same replacing mechanism, so I am feeling positive here...
edit: oh. nevermind... just saw it
Edited by munchzilla - 9/11/12 at 6:10pmpost #11 of 349/11/12 at 5:57pmpost #12 of 349/11/12 at 6:06pmpost #13 of 349/11/12 at 6:09pmpost #14 of 349/12/12 at 12:34am
tape ring? please do elaborate.
are there *any* pads you can use that work, or can you move the K701/702/Q701 pads to the attachment for K550 somehow?
thanks!post #15 of 349/12/12 at 8:30amQuote:
with the lcd2 pads you attach them to lcd2 earcups with a ring of tape that come with it, so potentially you could do the same with the k550.
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 40 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Orthodynamic Yamaha YH-100 with Jmoney Beyer pads. [European] 1 minute ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)