I'm looking for some real leather pads for these headphones. I haven't been able to find anything but figured maybe someone on the forums might know. In the very least maybe we could spark an interest in them and convince someone to start making them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 7/15/16 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
AKG k550 alternate ear pads?post #1 of 1197/9/12 at 9:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1197/13/12 at 11:53pm
I'm interested in replacement pads for my pair of AKG K550's too. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind if the pads weren't leather, as long as it's affordable and can replace the worn/torn earpads that I might happen in a couple of years.post #3 of 1197/14/12 at 10:26am
I would also be interested in some different pad options. Given their tonality, I think that staying with leather/leather-like is ideal as a change to velour/cloth could increase treble energy and a loss of body. Of course, there may be other interesting options... (gel anyone?)
OP, have you tried stuffing the stock earpads yet? I've found that cotton produced a nice result. Packaging foam not so much. :Ppost #4 of 1197/14/12 at 10:46amThread Starterpost #5 of 1198/10/12 at 4:05ampost #6 of 1198/10/12 at 6:33amThread Starter
Basically there is a lip on the cup of the headphones that the lower part of the earpads goes under. If you just pull the earpads off it's self explanatory. To get them back on you slide them through the notch in the plastic cup and turn the earpads until they are on all the way.
Edited by Danthrax - 8/10/12 at 1:11pmpost #7 of 1198/10/12 at 11:59ampost #8 of 1199/11/12 at 4:35pmpost #9 of 1199/11/12 at 4:41pm
I think this may interest you i was also curious but i found an answer.post #10 of 1199/11/12 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by fabio-fi
I think this may interest you i was also curious but i found an answer.
oh that is cool. I'm trying to get my friend to measure his pads for me, I'll post back with results unless they are out there somewhere already. :P
they appear to have the same replacing mechanism, so I am feeling positive here...
edit: oh. nevermind... just saw it
Edited by munchzilla - 9/11/12 at 6:10pmpost #11 of 1199/11/12 at 5:57pmpost #12 of 1199/11/12 at 6:06pmpost #13 of 1199/11/12 at 6:09pmpost #14 of 1199/12/12 at 12:34am
tape ring? please do elaborate.
are there *any* pads you can use that work, or can you move the K701/702/Q701 pads to the attachment for K550 somehow?
thanks!post #15 of 1199/12/12 at 8:30amQuote:
with the lcd2 pads you attach them to lcd2 earcups with a ring of tape that come with it, so potentially you could do the same with the k550.
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 55 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Over-the-ear headphones which keep ears cool 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 3 minutes ago
- › Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB A to B 0.5M - half price -... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear