I'm looking for some real leather pads for these headphones. I haven't been able to find anything but figured maybe someone on the forums might know. In the very least maybe we could spark an interest in them and convince someone to start making them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 12:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
AKG k550 alternate ear pads?post #1 of 867/9/12 at 9:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 867/13/12 at 11:53pm
I'm interested in replacement pads for my pair of AKG K550's too. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind if the pads weren't leather, as long as it's affordable and can replace the worn/torn earpads that I might happen in a couple of years.post #3 of 867/14/12 at 10:26am
I would also be interested in some different pad options. Given their tonality, I think that staying with leather/leather-like is ideal as a change to velour/cloth could increase treble energy and a loss of body. Of course, there may be other interesting options... (gel anyone?)
OP, have you tried stuffing the stock earpads yet? I've found that cotton produced a nice result. Packaging foam not so much. :Ppost #4 of 867/14/12 at 10:46amThread Starterpost #5 of 868/10/12 at 4:05ampost #6 of 868/10/12 at 6:33amThread Starter
Basically there is a lip on the cup of the headphones that the lower part of the earpads goes under. If you just pull the earpads off it's self explanatory. To get them back on you slide them through the notch in the plastic cup and turn the earpads until they are on all the way.
Edited by Danthrax - 8/10/12 at 1:11pmpost #7 of 868/10/12 at 11:59ampost #8 of 869/11/12 at 4:35pmpost #9 of 869/11/12 at 4:41pm
I think this may interest you i was also curious but i found an answer.post #10 of 869/11/12 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by fabio-fi
I think this may interest you i was also curious but i found an answer.
oh that is cool. I'm trying to get my friend to measure his pads for me, I'll post back with results unless they are out there somewhere already. :P
they appear to have the same replacing mechanism, so I am feeling positive here...
edit: oh. nevermind... just saw it
Edited by munchzilla - 9/11/12 at 6:10pmpost #11 of 869/11/12 at 5:57pmpost #12 of 869/11/12 at 6:06pmpost #13 of 869/11/12 at 6:09pmpost #14 of 869/12/12 at 12:34am
tape ring? please do elaborate.
are there *any* pads you can use that work, or can you move the K701/702/Q701 pads to the attachment for K550 somehow?
thanks!post #15 of 869/12/12 at 8:30amQuote:
with the lcd2 pads you attach them to lcd2 earcups with a ring of tape that come with it, so potentially you could do the same with the k550.
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 13 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 55 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 56 seconds ago
- › Any DIY cable makers know how to make a cable that looks like this? 4 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 5 minutes ago
- › Instantaneous Noise Induced Hearing Loss - Sony MDR-7506 Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › Geniuses or people with 130+ IQ only! 6 minutes ago
- › Amping for AKG Q701 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)