I'm looking for some real leather pads for these headphones. I haven't been able to find anything but figured maybe someone on the forums might know. In the very least maybe we could spark an interest in them and convince someone to start making them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 7/15/16 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
AKG k550 alternate ear pads?post #1 of 1237/9/12 at 9:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1237/13/12 at 11:53pm
I'm interested in replacement pads for my pair of AKG K550's too. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind if the pads weren't leather, as long as it's affordable and can replace the worn/torn earpads that I might happen in a couple of years.post #3 of 1237/14/12 at 10:26am
I would also be interested in some different pad options. Given their tonality, I think that staying with leather/leather-like is ideal as a change to velour/cloth could increase treble energy and a loss of body. Of course, there may be other interesting options... (gel anyone?)
OP, have you tried stuffing the stock earpads yet? I've found that cotton produced a nice result. Packaging foam not so much. :Ppost #4 of 1237/14/12 at 10:46amThread Starterpost #5 of 1238/10/12 at 4:05ampost #6 of 1238/10/12 at 6:33amThread Starter
Basically there is a lip on the cup of the headphones that the lower part of the earpads goes under. If you just pull the earpads off it's self explanatory. To get them back on you slide them through the notch in the plastic cup and turn the earpads until they are on all the way.
Edited by Danthrax - 8/10/12 at 1:11pmpost #7 of 1238/10/12 at 11:59ampost #8 of 1239/11/12 at 4:35pmpost #9 of 1239/11/12 at 4:41pm
I think this may interest you i was also curious but i found an answer.post #10 of 1239/11/12 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by fabio-fi
I think this may interest you i was also curious but i found an answer.
oh that is cool. I'm trying to get my friend to measure his pads for me, I'll post back with results unless they are out there somewhere already. :P
they appear to have the same replacing mechanism, so I am feeling positive here...
edit: oh. nevermind... just saw it
Edited by munchzilla - 9/11/12 at 6:10pmpost #11 of 1239/11/12 at 5:57pmpost #12 of 1239/11/12 at 6:06pmpost #13 of 1239/11/12 at 6:09pmpost #14 of 1239/12/12 at 12:34am
tape ring? please do elaborate.
are there *any* pads you can use that work, or can you move the K701/702/Q701 pads to the attachment for K550 somehow?
thanks!post #15 of 1239/12/12 at 8:30amQuote:
with the lcd2 pads you attach them to lcd2 earcups with a ring of tape that come with it, so potentially you could do the same with the k550.
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 second ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 16 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread - July 16, 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › Do I need an amp/usb soundcard for my headphones/headset? 8 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear