I'm looking for some real leather pads for these headphones. I haven't been able to find anything but figured maybe someone on the forums might know. In the very least maybe we could spark an interest in them and convince someone to start making them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recording quality VS Headphone quality Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Isolating headphones for post rock, shoegaze, and post punk, under 200 dollars? Last post on 5/21/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $200 ? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under 300$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 12:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AKG k550 alternate ear pads?post #1 of 887/9/12 at 9:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 887/13/12 at 11:53pm
I'm interested in replacement pads for my pair of AKG K550's too. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind if the pads weren't leather, as long as it's affordable and can replace the worn/torn earpads that I might happen in a couple of years.post #3 of 887/14/12 at 10:26am
I would also be interested in some different pad options. Given their tonality, I think that staying with leather/leather-like is ideal as a change to velour/cloth could increase treble energy and a loss of body. Of course, there may be other interesting options... (gel anyone?)
OP, have you tried stuffing the stock earpads yet? I've found that cotton produced a nice result. Packaging foam not so much. :Ppost #4 of 887/14/12 at 10:46amThread Starterpost #5 of 888/10/12 at 4:05ampost #6 of 888/10/12 at 6:33amThread Starter
Basically there is a lip on the cup of the headphones that the lower part of the earpads goes under. If you just pull the earpads off it's self explanatory. To get them back on you slide them through the notch in the plastic cup and turn the earpads until they are on all the way.
Edited by Danthrax - 8/10/12 at 1:11pmpost #7 of 888/10/12 at 11:59ampost #8 of 889/11/12 at 4:35pmpost #9 of 889/11/12 at 4:41pm
I think this may interest you i was also curious but i found an answer.post #10 of 889/11/12 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by fabio-fi
I think this may interest you i was also curious but i found an answer.
oh that is cool. I'm trying to get my friend to measure his pads for me, I'll post back with results unless they are out there somewhere already. :P
they appear to have the same replacing mechanism, so I am feeling positive here...
edit: oh. nevermind... just saw it
Edited by munchzilla - 9/11/12 at 6:10pmpost #11 of 889/11/12 at 5:57pmpost #12 of 889/11/12 at 6:06pmpost #13 of 889/11/12 at 6:09pmpost #14 of 889/12/12 at 12:34am
tape ring? please do elaborate.
are there *any* pads you can use that work, or can you move the K701/702/Q701 pads to the attachment for K550 somehow?
thanks!post #15 of 889/12/12 at 8:30amQuote:
with the lcd2 pads you attach them to lcd2 earcups with a ring of tape that come with it, so potentially you could do the same with the k550.
- AKG k550 alternate ear pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 24 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado 325e vs Yamaha MT220 vs ATH-MSR7 comfort and is crispness the... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3